Chapter 26: Mother's Day

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Saturday morning, Jaejoong was glad to enjoy breakfast with his family. His life seemed whole now. He was happy to see his children sprawled out on the couch together as they watched Saturday morning cartoons in their pajamas. The two of them looked like siblings. Although he liked that scene, the scene he loved was that of his wife smiling.

Chanmi smiled as she cooked breakfast. As she got the table ready for them to eat she noticed Jaejoong standing in the corner of the kitchen watching her with a smile of his own. “What is it” she asked as she passed by him heading towards the refrigerator.

Jaejoong shook his head, “Nothing I’m just enjoying the view.”

“Well if you’re not doing anything why don’t you help me get those two washed up” Chanmi responded with a playful smile.

Pushing himself off of the wall he was against Jaejoong saluted her. “Yes ma’am.” He went into the living room ready to carry out the mission Chanmi gave him.

Once he had completed it they went downstairs and saw the table was ready.

They all sat down and began eating their breakfast which was only possible twice a week, Saturday and Sunday. The only days Jaejoong didn’t have to hurry out the door for early morning meetings.

As breakfast was coming to a finish Chanmi began to clean up the table in a hurry. Jaejoong noticed she was rushing and wondered why. “Why are you in a rush?”

“Minchan’s doctor appointment is in forty minutes. I have to get him and myself ready.”

“Do you want me to help get him ready” Jaejoong offered.

Chanmi nodded and continued cleaning as quickly as possible. Once she was finished she dashed out of the kitchen and into the living room. When she saw Kimi lying on the couch she stopped to ask her something. “Kimi if you want you can come along. We are going to the park afterwards.”

Kimi shook her head as she sat up. “I want to stay here and wait for Uncle Micky.” Kimi smiled shyly as she thought of him. “Appa said he and Uncle Junsu are coming to talk to him and I want to be here.”

Chanmi noticed the smile on her face when she mentioned Micky. “Kimi do you like him?” she teased the little girl.

Kimi blushed as she nodded. “He is very handsome and always carries me.”

Hearing Kimi’s confession of love for Jaejoong’s friend made Chanmi shake her head. She remembered Micky being a bigger playboy than Jaejoong. “I guess girls of all ages are attracted to him.”

“Yes…” Kimi pouted “a lot of ugly unnies are always calling him Oppa and hugging him.”

Chanmi giggled knowing Kimi’s innocent crush would pass. “It’s okay Kimi just use your cuteness to win him over.”

“I will” she said.

Chanmi went upstairs and got herself ready. Once she was done she ran back downstairs in a simple grey hoodie and jeans. She knew she would be running around with Minchan later at the park.

Minchan had already finished getting ready. He was sitting on the ground watching the television when he noticed his mom was finished. He stood up and went towards the door saying goodbye to Kimi and Jaejoong along the way.

Chanmi also said goodbye to them. “Jaejoong we’ll be back a little later since Minchan asked me to take him to the park.”

Jaejoong nodded in understanding. “Have fun and take care.” He gave her a small kiss and they were out the door.

***

Chanmi laughed as she saw Minchan running ahead of her trying to get to the door first. When he got to it he quickly opened it and shouted in celebration “I won Umma.”

With Minchan’s voice filling the house everyone inside turned their attention to the door. Jaejoong got out of his seat and went over to the door to receive his son and wife. “How was the park?” He lifts Minchan in his arms.

“It was fun. I saw my friend Jia. Her mom took her there with her little brother.” After telling his father about the park Minchan noticed the two unfamiliar guests in the living room. “Who are they?” he asked.

“These are my friends Junsu and Micky.” Jaejoong answered as he brought Minchan closer to them to meet for the first time.

Junsu gasped seeing Minchan in person for the first time. “Woah, you really are a handsome boy. Even better looking than your father.”

Micky laughed in agreement. “He really is handsomer than you Jae.” He looked down at Kimi who was sitting in his lap with his arms around her. “Who do you think is handsomer Kimi?”

“You” she shyly whispered making Micky attack her with kisses. “Kimi-ah you are such an adorable little girl.”

Chanmi entered the living room hearing their voices all the way from outside.

Her presence instantly caught the attention of Junsu and Micky. “Chanmi how long has it been” Junsu said as he got up and hugged her. The last time he saw her was before she was pregnant. Before the problem with Barbie.

“It’s nice to see you again Junsu” was all she could say before Jaejoong pulled the two apart. He knew all too well that in those few seconds Junsu had felt all of Chanmi’s body with his tight hug. “Don’t think I don’t remember you being crazy for my wife.”

Junsu only laughed as he retreated back to his seat on the couch.

Micky could only wave from where he sat. “It’s good to see you back here.”

Chanmi only nodded.

Minchan didn’t know how his mom knew these two people. “Umma you know them already?”

“Yes, I knew them from before you were born. They are Appa’s friends and they work with him too.”

Minchan nodded in understanding. “That must be a long time ago.”

“It is” Jaejoong said before putting him down.

As soon as he put him down Junsu called him over wanting to get along with him some more.

“So how was the doctor’s” Jaejoong asked wanting to know how his son’s health is.

Chanmi sighed, “He’s still a bit underweight for his age but his height is improving.” Minchan had been born prematurely at eight months needing an emergency C-section because of Chanmi’s pre-existing medical problems. Her anemia had already caused him to be underweight in her womb and now that he was a premature baby he struggled to be at the proper height and weight for his age. “Other than that he is perfectly healthy.”

“That’s good, I’m sure as he gets older he will have a sudden growth spurt and catch up to everyone else.”

She smiled knowing she was in no rush for Minchan to grow up. “I don’t mind him staying small as long as it’s not bad for his health. I want to enjoy my baby as long as I can.”

Minchan went over to his parents showing them paper money. “Look Umma Junsu hyung game ice-cream money.”

“Did you say thank you” Chanmi asked.

Minchan nodded, “Can we buy some later Appa?”

Jaejoong looked a bit troubled and sighed. “Actually Minchan I have to go to work soon.”

This caught Chanmi by surprise. She didn’t know he had to work today. It was Saturday after all. Then it hit her, the club. “Don’t worry Minchan I’ll take you and Kimi to buy some later. Just the three of us.”

Minchan nodded getting what he wanted and went back to Junsu.

This left Jaejoong to explain to Chanmi. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before but I just found out from the guys that I have to go to one of the clubs.”

“Here?”

“No, in another city” he answered not wanting it to be true.

Chanmi didn’t know how to react. What had drove them apart and caused the downfall of their marriage was times like these. The times he would go to one of his clubs in another city and stay out all night drinking surrounded by girls half and intoxicated. This would be the first time since she gave him a second chance, the first time since she had started sleeping with him, that he would be out all night. She nodded looking down at the ground not sure of what she could tell him. “I don’t know if I should say have fun or be safe.”

Jaejoong knew this was a touchy subject between them. He raised her chin so she could look at him. “Don’t worry. It was a miracle that I got this second chance to be with you and have our family. I won’t be messing it up.” He placed his lips on hers giving her a reassuring kiss.

“I hope so because there won’t be a third chance.”

He gave her another kiss. “Trust me.”

***

Jaejoong entered the club with Junsu and Micky behind him. He looked around taking in the scene of young beautiful women dancing and drinking the night away.

The scene would entice him before but not now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter