Chpater 16: Eyes, Nose, Lips

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs. Kim smiled as she looked down at Minchan. “This is Minchan. Do you want to hold him?”

Jaejoong looked at his mom with a confused look. “Why? Whose baby is it?”

“Just hold him.” Mrs. Kim wanted to see Jaejoong’s reaction when he had his baby in his arms. She hoped to see Jaejoong have a sudden realization and acknowledge Minchan as his son.

He backed away, “Mom how can you just expect me to hold a baby I don’t know. Who is his mom and why do you have him?”

Mrs. Kim stepped forward trying to get close to Jaejoong. “Just do it for me.”

“No, mom I can’t-” his words were interrupted by his mother’s phone.

Mrs. Kim had never been happier to get interrupted by a phone call. “Here please take him while I answer the phone.”

Now Jaejoong had no choice and took Minchan in his arms.

The whole time he was with Mrs. Kim Minchan had kept quiet. When Mrs. Kim handed him over to Jaejoong he began to wiggle around restlessly. He didn’t recognize the person who was holding him at the moment which made him begin to whine.

Jaejoong began to panic seeing Minchan’s intentions of crying. “Mom” he called out to Mrs. Kim who ignored him. He had never been alone with a baby. Barbie was always with him when he held Kimi and once she began crying Barbie would snatch her from his arms.

He began bouncing up and down trying to lull Minchan. “Shh... shh... shh... Minchan please don’t cry on our first meeting.”

Minchan then let out a small cry.

Mrs. Kim couldn’t hear and shooed Jaejoong upstairs.

Jaejoong did as he was told and carried Minchan upstairs to let his mom talk. “There there Minchanie! Please don’t cry.” He began to hum as he rocked him from side to side in his arms.

Minchan slowly stopped his crying with quivering lips and opened his watery eyes. “You have such a small mouth yet your lips are so puffy and pouty, like mine.” He lightly touched Minchan’s lips not being able to resist, then he touched his own. “Exactly the same”, he chuckled.

 Minchan looked up at Jaejoong and starred directly into his eyes.

Jaejoong starred back at MInchan feeling hypnotized by the little boy’s eyes that sparkled from his recently spilled tears. “Your eyes remind me of someone.” Jaejoong had a sad smile on his face. “It’s rather soothing to stare into your eyes Minchan. They feel familiar.”

As time passed Jaejoong felt closer to the small child in his arms. It even seemed the baby had the same feelings because he began to close his eyes.

“You must be tired after all that crying.” He went into his old room that held so many dear memories to him. It was the room he shared with the woman he still loves with all his heart. Jaejoong laid Minchan on the bed gently and lay beside him. “The bed is way more comfortable than my arms.”

When he was laid on the bed Minchan opened his eyes and searched for the ones he had gotten familiar with. When he met eyes with Jaejoong he felt at ease and began to calm down once again.

Jaejoong smiled noticing the baby’s actions. “Don’t worry I’m still here. I won’t leave you alone.” As Minchan’s eyes closed Jaejoong took a closer look at all of his facial features.

He felt warm inside, it was the same feeling he had every time he remembered Chanmi. The feeling of being with someone he loved.

The feeling was so overwhelming for Jaejoong that he couldn’t resist the urge to kiss the baby’s soft cheek. “Sleep well Minchan.”

Mrs. Kim held her hand over as she took in the scene. She had already finished her call and was able to witness the moment between her son and grandson. It brought tears to her eyes and warmth to her heart.

She quickly wiped away the tears that had begun to form in her eyes so she could step into the room. “I see you were able to handle little Minchan” she whispered.

Jaejoong smiled, “yes and you know what mom… it’s weird because I just met him yet I feel this strange connection to him.”

“What kind o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter