Chapter 25: Office

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanmi entered the house after having dropped off the kids at school. She made her way through the living room and towards the stairs. She went into her room and threw her bag on the bed as she walked towards the closet but stopped when she heard the sound of crumbled paper.

She picked up her bag discovering a manila folder underneath it. When she opened it she pulled out the papers that were inside and began to read them. She quickly found they were from Jaejoong’s work. “I wonder if he needs these.”

After thinking for a moment she decided to call him and ask. When he didn’t answer she decided to just go over to his office and give them to him. She didn’t have anything to lose anyway. There weren’t many things she had to do today.

When she entered the company many people looked surprised and began greeting her. Most of them didn’t know what had happened between her and Jaejoong so they would say “Oh Mrs. Kim, haven’t seen you in a long time.” As she got closer to Jaejoong’s office the people around there did know. There was one person in particular who knew about it all. “Good morning Mrs. Kim. I’m so glad you and Mr. Kim worked things out” Jaejoong’s secretary bowed to Chanmi.

She was surprised to see his secretary was still the same from before. “Thank you, is Jaejoong in his office?”

The secretary shook her head, “Both Mr. Kim’s are in a meeting at the moment. If you want you can wait in his office.”

 “Yeah I’ll just wait for him then.” She went into Jaejoong’s office and took a seat. As the minutes passed she got up and began looking around. Everything seemed to be the same. She went behind the desk and sat on Jaejoong’s chair, that’s when she saw the differences. On his desk there was still a picture of him and her from when they were dating and another from after they got married. Next to those pictures was one of her and Minchan. She remembered sending that picture to Mrs. Kim.

Jaejoong entered his office as Chanmi had the picture frame in her hand. She quickly put it down and stood up. “Hey.”

Jaejoong smiled seeing her in his office was refreshing. “Hey” he had noticed the picture that was in her hand and knew she must be curious about it. “My mom gave me that picture a few days ago. Since we were back together and I already know about Minchan and everything. She began showing me all the pictures you would send her as Minchan grew up.”

Chanmi nodded, “I remember sending that photo to her.”

“So what brings you here? It’s nothing bad is it?” Jaejoong began to worry thinking something might have happened to Minchan or Kimi.

“No, nothing bad happened I just came to give you this.” She pulled out the manila envelope from her bag and handed it to him. “I found it on the bed and thought you might have forgotten it.”

Jaejoong’s face showed relief as he received the envelope from her. “I thought I lost it. I never thought I could have left it at home.” He hugged Chanmi glad that she had taken the time to bring it to her. “Thanks for bringing this to me.”

Chanmi smiled at him not thinking it was such a big deal. “It’s nothing.” She pulled out of the hug and grabbed her bag. “Now I have to go do mom stuff. I’ll see you later.”

“Wait” Jaejoong held her back. “I’ll walk you out.”

Chanmi nodded agreeing to let him walk her out. She waved goodbye to the secretary as she and Jaejoong made their way to the elevator. When they were inside Jaejoong noticed how distant they seemed. He got closer to her and held her hand. “Is it okay to do this much?”

To feel Jaejoong’s hand holding hers was so sudden. She looked down at their hands and then at him with a small smile. “Well you already kissed me before. Holding hands is nothing compared to that.”

The elevator doors opened revealing the ground floor. Everyone’s attention instantly went to them. It almost seemed as if they had been happily married all this time.

When they got to the door Jaejoong let go of Chanmi’s hand and opened the door first going out before her and holding the door open so she could follow.

Outside Barbie was just around the corner making her way to Jaejoong’s office. She had missed him so much. Her time with the psychologist was over. She was now deemed fit to be a mother and would definitely get back with Jaejoong. If he wanted to keep Kimi then he would have to keep her as well. “I am Kimi’s mother. She is mine and if he wants to treat he like his daughter then he will have to treat me like his wife.” She spoke to herself annoying the people around her. As she got there she noticed Jaejoong coming out of the building and smiled. She began walking faster trying to reach him before he left when she suddenly stops. flew open as her hands turned into fists. “What is that doing with him?”

Barbie became furious seeing Chanmi exit the building. “She was supposed to be in Japan away from my Jaejoong.” She hid behind a tree not wanting them to see her. For a moment she thought maybe Chanmi was there for business matters. That thought was tossed to the side as she saw Jaejoong hold Chanmi close and kiss her on the lips. “It can’t be! They can’t be together again!”

She saw Chanmi getting into her car and driving off while Jaejoong waved to her. Once Chanmi’s car wasn’t visible Jaejoong went back inside the building. Barbie got out of her hiding spot and totally forgot about meeting Jaejoong. She knew that with Chanmi by his side he would never take her back.

First she had to get rid of Chanmi once again. This time it would be easier than before. She had someone on the inside that could help her.

***

“Everyone please calm down. I know it was fun to play outside but now we are going to do something fun inside.”

All the kids sat down at the desk with their name on it. Kimi and Minchan sat in the same group of tables, right next to each other actually.

The teacher’s assistant began giving each kid some colorful sheets of paper as the teacher began to tell them what they will do with it. “Today you will be making a nice card for your Mom’s. This weekend is Mother’s day and I’m sure all of your mom’s will love receiving this from you.”

With that the kids began cutting, coloring, drawing, and pasting things together making their cards.

Minchan was drawing a heart on his card when he noticed Kimi was just sitting without doing anything. He put down the crayon, “What’s wrong Kimi?”

“I’m not making one.”

“Why not?”

Kimi sighed, “Even if I make it I can’t give it to my Umma.”

Minchan then remembered what his mom had told him about Kimi’s mom not being around for Kimi because of some difficulties but didn’t know exactly why. “But what if she comes looking for you and you don’t make her one?”

“She won’t care.” Kimi shook her head. “I don’t have a mom” she concluded. After a year she was beginning to give up hope of seeing her again.

“Then why don’t you make one for Minchan’s Umma” Lee Jia suggested. She was a cute girl who sat in front of Minchan. She was one of the first friends Minchan made. Jia became best friends with Minchan and would always stick to him and he with her. They were so close that she had gone to Minchan and Kimi’s house before. She knew Chanmi wasn’t Kimi’s mom but to her it seemed Chanmi acted like her mom.

Minchan nodded at the idea. “Remember Umma said she won’t leave you. So you can give it to her.” It was clear he had grown up mentally in a short period of time.

“Can I?” Kimi asked Minchan. She knew he would get a bit upset when she took his mother’s attention. She didn’t care at first but now that she was close to him she felt bad and made sure to not do things that made him upset.

“Yeah” Minchan nodded.

With that Kimi began making a card for Chanmi.

***

Dinner was finished and Chanmi was cleaning up the mess she had made. She warned Kimi and Minchan that once she was finished she would give them their bath. They nodded and went off to play while they could.

After the kids had gone upstairs to play Jaejoong went into the kitchen wanting to talk with Chanmi. He saw her turn on the faucet getting ready to do the dishes. “I’ll wash them” he rolled up his sleeves and took her place.

“Are you sure?”

He nodded as he began. “I should help you out with anything I can.”

Chanmi smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Thanks Jaejoong, I’m going to start giving them their baths.” Chanmi went upstairs and began with Kimi first. She had to make sure Kimi was in bed as soon as possible so she could get enough sleep and wake up on time.

When Kimi was dried and dressed Chanmi began brushing her hair. As she brushed through it she noticed how Kimi’s hair had grown. “Kimi your hair is really starting to grow.”

“Can you make me an even prettier braid?” She asked enthusiastically.

Chanmi nodded, “Of course I can. That is as long as you wake up on time for school.”

“I will.”

Once Chanmi was finishe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter