Chapter 29: Step Mom

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanmi sighed as she saw the jury walking outside of the court room followed by security guards who escorted them to another room. “Kimi wake up” she slid Kimi’s hair out of her face. Kimi had fallen asleep with her head on Chanmi’s lap as they waited for Jaejoong.

Kimi immediately sat up looking around for Jaejoong. “Where’s Appa?”

“He’ll be out soon and we can go out to eat lunch.” Just as she had finished talking out came Jaejoong and his lawyer.

Jaejoong finished talking to his lawyer before going over to Chanmi and Kimi. “I thought you two would have gotten tired and gone out of here.”

Chanmi smiled letting him know that wasn’t the situation. “I’m not really tired just worried about what is going on in there.”

“I was tired but Chanmi Umma let me sleep on her lap.” Kimi happily held onto both Jaejoong and Chanmi’s hands. “Can we eat now?”

Jaejoong nodded as he led them out of the building. He took them to a fast food restaurant close by knowing they only had thirty minutes before they had to go back to continue the trial.

Once they had ordered their food they sat down to eat. Kimi had only taken a few bites before running off to the play area like all the other kids. This gave Jaejoong and Chanmi and opportunity to talk.

“So what happened in there” Chanmi asked.

Jaejoong sighed as he wiped his hands clean. “Barbie keeps saying I have no rights since I’m not the biological father. That only she has the right to care for her daughter.”

Chanmi knew she would say something like that. “But you did tell them how she had initially tricked you and made you take her in right?”

He nodded as he looked over at Kimi who was playing happily. “I told them everything. My lawyer even handed them the record of Barbie’s psychological health but Yunho was prepared. He had her new report showing she was in her right of mind now. She no longer is a threat to Kimi because she now acknowledges that I am not the real father.” He looked at Chanmi with a curious look. “The thing that shocked me was how she said she would bring Kimi’s real father so that he can have father rights to Kimi rather than me.”

“I didn’t think she even knew who the real father was.” Chanmi admitted she knew Barbie was a careless who would sleep with any guy who gave her the time of day. If all she wanted at the time was to get pregnant and trap Jaejoong Chanmi was sure Barbie would have asked any stranger. “So is she going to be allowed to do that?”

“I don’t know” Kimi ran back to take a sip of her drink and immediately ran back to where she had been playing with some other kids. “That’s when the judge gave us lunch break. The answer will be given after.”

Chanmi wiped her hands as she finished her food. “Do you think in the end Barbie will drag Kimi into this and have her hear everything?”

“They still haven’t said anything about having Kimi. It’s best that she stay outside with you instead of hearing all the nonsense Barbie is releasing i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter