Chapter 11: Ice

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong walked out of his house smiling. Today Chanmi was coming back from Japan. He was going to the airport to pick her up and bring her back home.

The thought of having her back put him in a good mood. He was tired of being alone in the big quiet house. Now he knew how Chanmi felt all those times he had left her. He promised himself to bring her along every time he could or at least try and shorten his time away.

He walked down the stone path until he got to his car. Just as he was opening the door he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see who it was and quickly got upset. “What are you doing here?”

Barbie smiled at Jaejoong, “I finally found out where you moved to. I had to since you left that day so early and then avoided me on purpose by changing your schedule of club visits.”

Jaejoong shoved Barbie’s hand off of his shoulder. “Couldn’t you take the hint?”

“What do you mean?” Barbie began to worry as she saw Jaejoong acting his normal self, as if she had nothing on him.

“It’s over Barbie. You can’t hold my mistake against me anymore. I realized that by continuing this deal with you I’m only doing worse. And don’t even think about pulling that crap about showing Chanmi the pictures because I will personally be telling her about my mistakes. There is no way in hell I am letting you ruin my life.”

Jaejoong turned back to his car not wanting to deal with Barbie any longer. He only had Chanmi on his mind.

Barbie balled her fists and gritted her teeth as she felt her world crumble. If Jaejoong no longer feared her blackmail then she would surely loose him. Just as it all seemed to be spiraling down Barbie remembered her last resort. She loosened her fists and smiled as she looked at Jaejoong. “Don’t be so sure about that Jaejoong. Just you wait a few months and you will be back under my control.”

“Never” Jaejoong said before getting inside his car and driving off to the airport.

***

Chanmi decided to visit her father and cook him a meal like she used to before she got married. Her father had been buried in work all day and stayed in his home office while Chanmi made him lunch and cleaned around the house.

After the food was ready she served a plate for him and another for herself. She climbed up the stairs with a plate in each hand. She knew her father wouldn’t leave the office even to eat. The only way to get him to eat would be taking the food to him.

“Appa your lunch is ready” Chanmi shouted from outside the door.

Mr. Lee got out of his seat and opened the door for her. “You always take care of your father.”

Chanmi smiled and placed the plates on a table that was placed in a corner. “Well you are the reason I am alive so I think it’s only fair I return the favor and love you for the rest of my life.”

Mr. Lee gave Chanmi a kiss on the cheek before sitting down to eat the meal his daughter had prepared just for him. “I miss having you here with me. What has it been? Maybe, three years since you were living here?”

“I haven’t been married for three years yet. There are still a few months to go.” She began to eat the food she had prepared to her father’s liking rather than hers.

After taking a bite Mr. Lee smiled. “It’s spicy, just the way I like it.”

“I made it especially for you as an apology for being a bad daughter and not coming over as often as I should.” Chanmi looked down at her food with a slight pout on her lips.

“Chanmi you know I don’t hold it against you. It’s natural for you to drift from your parents a bit when you have your own family to look after.”

Chanmi sighed, “That’s the thing. I don’t even have my own family. I only have Jaejoong, it’s not li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter