Chapter Two

Nothing Last Forever

Dedicated to the second person who subscribed to this story: Pulidoph

“U-uncle...”  Dara mumbled, with a sardonic facial expression. As much as possible, she doesn’t want to give Uncle Yang heartache or even giving a hint of that. It’s too nice of him to offer her such a privilege.

“Dara, I’m giving you this privilege. Everybody wants to be in your place.” President Yang said with a serious tone. Dara was taken aback. Her uncle don’t usual give her that kind of tone, most especially if they’re just talking about random stuffs. He’s maybe upset because I rejected his offer. Dara mumbled.

Dara tried to open to speak but she can’t find the right words to say. So, she closed her lips and settled her stare on the floor.  Then, President Yang continued, “Having a Noye is a privilege especially for you who perform well in school. It doesn’t mean that having a Noye means that you’re not good at school Dara, having a Noye, for you who deserve it, means a gift from me. Not as President Yang Hyun Suk but as your Uncle Yang.”

She didn’t utter a single word. Every word is lethal. If she’ll agree it means that she’ll have a Noye for the whole school year and therefore, someone will accompany her wherever she’ll go. It seems advantaging since she’ll be very busy for sure sooner or later. On the other hand, she doesn’t want to have a Noye because it’s inappropriate. They’re humans and not slaves.

The offer is very tempting. Too tempting for her. Things will be easier if she’ll accept it but the principles she had is screaming like a trumpet: They’re humans not slave.

“So, what’s the verdict?” President Yang asked, with a sly smile. “Take it or leave it.”

“I’ll take it if Dara won’t accept it.” Seungri said. “Having a Noye is amazing.”

“You have to prove yourself first, pabo.” President Yang said. “Think about it Dara.”

“I-I will Uncle.” She said, in a low tone.

“And by the way, it’s not your Uncle Yang who’s talking to you right now; it’s the President Yang you barely knew.” President Yang said, forming a victorious smile. He knew Dara was taken aback to that; she has to respect the Presidents’ words. “And you only got 2 hours to think.”

Dara growl inside. How can she think within 2 hours? It’s a very hard decision. And it’s too short.

“How about me Uncle?” Seungri asked, dreamingly. He motioned himself nearer to their uncle. “When will be the time you’ll give me a Noye?”

“Once you perfectly recite to me, in five languages, the Mission and Vision of Sequel University.”

“Oh crap, I think I’ll just buy my own Noye from Kai.”

 

 

Dara went back to the hallway, with a bewildered facial expression. The conversation didn’t go well. Well, practically, it’s not what others imagine like they’re screaming like an uneducated person. The situation just… didn’t go well.

Crap.

She went to the classroom and sat on her chair silently. The classroom is chaotic: chaotic in a sense that almost all of them were blabbing about their summer vacation and other stuffs. It makes Daras’ hair fuzzier.

“How’s the meeting?” Chaerin asked and she’s the classroom Vice-President.

It’s quite an unusual sight seeing Dara and Chaerin talk: most of the time they’re just civil to each other. Its either Chaerin is having grudges about Dara being the classroom president and over-all top performing student or they just don’t complement each other. Either of the two, nobody knows.

Most of the time they compete, in all aspects: academics, non-academics, classroom management. Chaerin is an authoritarian classroom vice-president and Dara is the democratic one. Chaerin is the schools princess while Dara is the school muse. Dara is the top-performing student while Chaerin is the third one.

They have a healthy competition… but others think they’re not.

 

“T’was okay…” She mumbled, still having an awkward feeling for Chaerin. They treat each other more on in a formal way and not the casual girl friends. “I think I need an Advil, my head hurts.”

Chaering went to her chair, get her bag and searched for something. Once she went back, she had on her hand one tablet of Advil.

“Analgesics.” Chaerin mumbled. Even though she don’t talk that much to Dara, she’s really fond of her. And she doesn’t know why…

“Uncle, I mean, President Yang gave me a headache.”

“Must be a boring talk.” Chaerin utter. Dara drink the Advil Chaerin gave and thanked her, with a cheerful smile. “You’re always welcome.”

Chaerin went back to her own circle of friends and starting to talk. Dara is not on the mood to talk, her head still hurt. And she only has less than 2 hours to think. Seungri is not around, maybe having cutting classes to flirt with their other batchmates or even to the lower years. Her seatmate is not around too; maybe he’s not on the mood to go to school. Well, her seatmate is the second to-performing student, so, it’s just okay for him to skip class.  How I wish Bommie is my classmate… she mumbled, while leaning forward to take a nap.

 

 

Break time…

Two hours had passed and she must say her verdict to President Yang. She passed by to Class 1-B 4th years’ classroom to invite Bom for a break. Even if they’re not classmates because Bom is not that well in academics, they still have the bond and connection. But she was stunned when she saw Bommie, crying. Crap!

“You flirt! How could you take Dong Wook oppa in just a week?” Boms’ classmate asked, while glaring at her wityh the use of her blazing eyes. By looks, she doesn’t look like a high school student because of her make-up and red lipstick.

 

“No, that’s not true!” Bom said, trying to explain her side.

“! !”

The last thing Dara saw is that, Bom was being dragged on the floor using her long brown hair and being slapped, hard, by the 3 girls leaded by the girl who wears red lipstick.  She just watching her, and she cannot even move her feet. I must save her. I must save her! She repeated but her body declined to what her mind says. She’s just watching her friends being slapped.

“What you gonna do?” a deep voice said, at the back of Dara said. Choi Seunghyun! “Just watch her being bullied by her classmate?”

Dara wanted to utter a word, but she can’t. Her vocal cords shut. She opens but there’s no voice came out. She heard Seunghyun tsk-ed. “Coward.”

Choi Seunghyun walked towards them and grabbed Boms’ arm in an upward-motion. At first, she was taken aback because Seunghyun is there. What is he doing here?

“Oh, the Noye saved her Master.” Boms’ classmate said to her, with a sarcastic laugh. “It’s so sweet.”

 

Bom lowered her head and try her best not to cry. Choi Seunghyun is her boy friend. And he’s a Noye. How ironic. If someone knows that they’re together, possibly, Seunghyun will be expelled. She won’t graduate and everything will be ed-up.

“E-enough!” Bom mumbled, trying to be brave. “W-what are doing here, Noye?” she asked while facing Seunghyun with a half-sarcastic smile.

Seunghyun was taken aback, but not that long. He plasters a monotonous expression. “Nobi Society Rule Number Two: Noye must protect their master.”

 “!” Another girl slapped Bom, making her thrown-herself on the floor. This might form a bruise… again. Bom thought. She looked at the girl who slapped her and gasp. “Stay away from Seunghyun!”

 

My life … Bom mumbled. Being slapped and called flirt because of Lee Dong Wook oppa and now being called because the new owner of Seunghyun appeared. What more can she ask for?

“Stay away from me Noye.” Bom said, with a sardonic facial expression. “Stay away from me…” and walk towards the door. She hates her life… so much. She didn’t notice that Dara was silently crying because of her friends’ misery.

 

 

Dara felt like a useless friend. She’s now heading towards the school Presidents’ office when she saw the president of the Nobi Society, Kai and Sehun, walking towards their headquarters. She takes a deep breath and move forward. She knocked three times to the mahogany door, as the protocol says and then entered. She saw her uncle Yang seating with a book on his hand.

“Annyeonghaseyo…”

“Dara!” He kissed her cheeks and motioned her to sit down. “Tell me.”

“I want to have a Noye..” She immediately said, without any flowering words. Her Uncle Yang smiled making his eyes small.

“That’s a good decision Dara.”

 

She can’t help it but suppress a bitter smile. She must please her uncle, even with this small request from him. He stands up and together, they went to the headquarters of the Nobi Society. It was the longest walk she ever had: she knew from herself that she doesn’t need a Noye. Ironically, the school president wanted to gave her one.

The room is big, but I didn’t expect to be like this: too dark and too silent for her crest. Her eyes manage to adjust to the darkness of the room. The room is composed of gig-saw like corridors. Post lights were the only thing that makes the room bright, not that bright though because of the distances they had from each other.

 

“Uncle...” she mutter.

“Hmmm.”

“Why there’s this so-called Nobi Society in our school?”

Her uncle, President Yang suppresses a smile and simply asnwer, “For them to know their boundaries.”

 

Puzzled, she didn’t react nor commented. They continue to walk and entered to a small room, only to find out that it’s not a small room. It’s big, bigger than the usual. It is painted with faded yellow wallpaper that mirrors the inequality they had in their school. There are few people standing on the hallway, most of them are new to her eyes. Noyes? She asked herself.

 

“Sehun! Kai!” President Yang said. Two third year student came and bowed to him. Dara recognize them since they’re the members of the famous EXO- the dance troupe of the Sequel University. “This is Sandara Park, and I’m giving her a Noye.”

Maybe these two students were quite puzzled because of President Yangs’ words. Who wouldn’t? She’s just Sandara Park: no one knows she’s one of the Presidents beloved family member.

 

“Yes, President.” The one with brown-tan skin complexion said. And I bet, he’s Kai.

“This way please.” Sehun, the white one said with his stoic facial expression.

 

They motioned them to the hallway, seeing Noyes’ excited expression. They are excited for the act of slavery…

 

“Please, choose your Noye.” Sehun said.

She manages to look at them. They’re quite many, too many for her tea. Few girls but mostly, they’re guys. She was about to choose the girl with a very eyes when she saw on her side, the only person who doesn’t smile. And its… odd. All of them we’re smiling, trying to please her for her to choose them. And yet, there’s this one particular Noye who manages to plaster an unexplainable expression.

 

“Choose wisely Dara..” President Yang advised. “All of them are intelligent and wise. They can help or they can pull you down.”

She manages to search for someone else that catches her but she realized that she’s heading back her gaze to that particular eyes: the unexplainable expression of his eyes.

 

“I choose that guy.” Pointing to him.

“Good choice.” President Yang said. “Kwon Jiyong, you’ll be Sandara Parks’ Noye for the entire school year…” She was quite shock upon knowing that President Yang personally know this Noye. Maybe he’s famous enough to be acknowledge by Uncle…

 

Once he walked towards her, she can’t help it but regret, somehow, her decision. He is too intimidating for her cause. I hope it’s healthy…

“Good morning, master.” He said with a cold, remorseless expression.

 

 

A/N: In the previous Chapter it was stated the Choi Seunghyun (T.O.P.) is Dara and Boms’ classmate yet in this chapter, Bom revealed that Seunghyun is a Noye. Therefore, they aren’t classmates because Noye are separated from Class-A and Class-B.

 

EXPLAINATION:

Dara treat everybody from their batch- from Class-A, Class-B and Nobi Society- as her classmate. Simple as that :>