Chapter Twenty-nine

Nothing Last Forever

Dara went out of that empty room along with Bom. She’s still crying in her embrace while walking. She doesn’t want to see anyone, even Jiyong or GD or Taeyang. She felt like she was being betrayed by everyone. Everyone surrounds her knows everything and she’s the only whose blind of the things that is happening.

“Unnie.” Bom called but she didn’t give a damn to look at her. Even her cousin Bom knows this.

“L-leave me alone Bom.” She coldly said. She was outside the room and she can hear the silence of the forest. “Leave me alone before I could hate you...”

Bom cried infront of her and holds her hand. She doesn’t want to be hated by her only who understands her. “U-unnie…”

Dara faced Bom with tears that are falling from her eyes. She wanted to hate her, she wanted to hate everyone. But she just can’t. She can’t because her heart is too small to put hatred on it. She wants to understand the situation as much as possible. She wants to understand why everyone lied to her.

 

Why Bom lied to her.
Why Seungri lied to her.
Why Donghae lied to her.


Why Jiyong lied to her…

Why everyone lied to her…

 

“Park Bom...” she said, more of a whisper. She closes her eyes and looked away. “I-I don’t want to hate you so please, please let me be alone.”

Bom holds her hand and gently squeeze it. Even if she wanted to stay and explain everything, she doesn’t want Dara to hate her. “I-I’m just here.”

Dara nods and in awhile, she was left alone. She walked and she doesn’t know where she’ll be heading. She’s just walking and let her feet decide. Her tears were falling and her vision got blurry. She think that her heart is about to explode with too much emotion she wanted to let out. It burdens her a lot.

“W-why…”

That’s the only word she said before sitting on the woods and cried. She’s thinking too much and it burdens her. She has so many questions she wants to ask but she doesn’t know who she will ask. Could it be Bom? Jiyong? Seungri? Or maybe Seunghyun? Could it be Donghae? Or… the alpha?

Her elbows were shaking and a light sob is escaping . Tears were falling freely on her cheeks and she doesn’t have energy to wipe it off.

“I want to wipe away the tears on your face but I think that is not the task I will do today.”

She cannot recognize that voice so she didn’t raise her hand to see who that person with her is. “Please, l-leave me alone.” As much as possible, she wants to have peace of mind today. “I-I want to be alone.”

But that person didn’t move. Instead, he sat near her and slightly taps her shoulder. “Kwon Jiyong is Taeyangs’ younger brother.” He started. Dara didn’t bother to move but on her mind, she wanted him to stop. Please… “He was here, well, Kwon Jiyong is here because of you Dara.”

That made Dara looks up and saw that the person talking to her right now is the alpha. “W-what?” she slowly spoke. She doesn’t know how to process the things she learned right now. She doesn’t understand why she can’t remember Jiyongs’ face or the reason why he lied.

“What you heard awhile ago was the truth. Kwon Jiyong used you to have revenge. We planned it all, since the day he went back in Korea. He entered in Sequel University as a Noye, from the decision of President Yang, the Noyes to be auctioned, from the day you’ll spent time with him. Everything is all planned Sandara.”

The alpha is looking at Dara. He doesn’t know why he got fond at her by merely just looking at her: that innocent face she’s wearing, the unfathomable feeling when she’s around, the way her eyes look at you. Everything… He cupped her face and traces his thumb on her cheeks. He wipes away the dried tears on her face.

“I-I don’t understand. Why… why am I included in this whole thing?”

“Because you are the cause of this whole thing.” The alpha simply answered, looking at Sandara Parks’ eyes intently.

“I’m... what?” she can’t believe this guy is telling her those things. “W-why?”

“Donghae is obsessed with you. He went to Thailand to follow you and saw you with Taeyang. With his brain being damaged with such abnormalities, he confronted Taeyang. He punches him to death making him blind for a year.”

Dara gasped for air with what she heard. “T-Taeyang…”

“He doesn’t want you to know his situation so he went to America and have an eye surgery. He’s blind and knowing you, he doesn’t want you to blame yourself. You don’t have an idea that that psychopath Lee Donghae is obsessed with you.

Now the reason why Seunghyun and Seungri are helping is because they are part of our knight. I am the alpha of Crimson Knight and Kwon Jiyong is next to me. Seungri and Seunghyun are gamma and delta and your favorite cousin, Park Bom is epsilon. It is like a brotherhood and since one of our brothers was being hurt, we’re all here to let Lee Donghae pay.”

Dara was still crying. She wanted to sob but she just can’t. “A-A…”

“The original plan is to use you as bait but it all change when Jiyong fall for you. You see, love makes people vulnerable. He was vulnerable when he falls for you. His mission we’re clouded because of his feelings for you Dara.”

“But he lied to me…”she whispered.

“People all lie. We tend to lie for the betterment of everything, of everyone.” The alpha answered. “Even Park Bom and Seungri lied to you during the mission. Park Bom tried her best to act as a so that she can protect you from Donghae. She sacrificed her love for you just to know what the plans of Lee Donghae are. Seungri cover up Jiyong in many ways. Everyone sacrificed for you Sandara.

Don’t ever think that you’re the only one who’s being treated unfairly here, always remember that.”

 

 

 

The camp is still going on but Sandara Park decided to go home. She doesn’t want to be unfair but she really wants to go home. For her, she cannot function well if she can see Jiyong or her cousins or worse, Taeyang. It’s bugging her. She’s guilty and she hated it. All the things that are happening are all because of her. You can put the blame on me…

She was lying on her bed the whole day when she heard a knock. She didn’t bother to answer it. She felt that the door was opened and she covers herself with the comforter. She doesn’t want to talk to anyone.

“Noona…” she heard the voice of her younger brother, Thunder. “Noona…”

“Go away Sanghyun…” she slightly spoke. “I-I want to be alone.”

Sanghyun shrugs and let out a deep breath. “I-I already knew that Jiyong -hyung and GD-hyung is one.”

She shrugs and sat down on her bed. Sure thing, her hair is messy and she doesn’t give a damn. “How?”

“Bom-noona came here awhile ago. She’s crying and I asked her why then she told me everything.” Sanghyun said, still looking at her noona who didn’t even give a damn. He sighed “Are you mad at her noona? Are you mad at Bom-noona?”

“No.”

“Then why are you not talking to her?”

“Because I’m not yet ready to talk about it Sanghyun.” She said, in an irritated tone. “They lied to me. Everyone lied to me.”

“But it’s for your own sake noona.” Sanghyun said, trying his best to make his older sister to realize it. “Someone wants to do something bad at you and they’re just trying to protect you.”

“They used me as bait! They want to have revenge.”

Sanghyun looked at his sister and gently squeezes her hand. “In time you will understand these whole thing noona.”

 

 

 

Monday came and Dara silently goes to school. She doesn’t know if she will act normal or what. She’s afraid that if ever she will be asked to why she went home ahead of time, she will breakdown and cry again.

As she entered the room, everyone is talking about the camping. Some of her classmates greeted her and even asked her why she went home. But she just smiled at them and sat on her chair. Now the thing is, she’s afraid of Lee Donghae…

She prayed that Donghae is absent or sick. She knew that it’s a bad thing to think that way but she can’t help it. She’s really afraid of him upon knowing the fact that he’s obsessed with her. It giving her goosebumps and at the same time it’s creeping her out.

She noticed that the room went silent. All of her classmates looked at the doorways making her curious. She looked at that direction and saw that Kwon Jiyong is there. Her heart is beating fast again and she wanted to cry upon seeing him. His face is swollen and has many bruises.

Jiyong walked slowly towards his chair when he saw Dara sitting there silently and starring at him. He can’t help it but smile at her but to his dismay, she didn’t even blink. Then he realize that maybe, Dara knew it all. That the reason why she went home earlier was that, she already knew it.

He silently sat next to her and looks at her. She was just staring in her table and didn’t speak. She didn’t even manage to ask where he got those bruises.

“D-Dara…”

Dara can’t control her emotions anymore. She stands up and gathers herself to walk-out. She was at the ext door when she heard two voices that called her name. There she saw Lee Donghae at the entrance door with bruises, black-eye and swollen face while Kwon Jiyong is at her back.

“D-Dara…” Jiyong whispered. “Le-let’s talk…”

“Dara!” Donghae called her name.

“Leave me alone!”

She runs away as she find herself crying again. She doesn’t know if she’s crying because she’s afraid of Lee Donghae or she’s crying because of the fact that Kwon Jiyong lied to her. She runs but she doesn’t know where she’s heading to. But then, she found herself walking slowly towards the school library and cry there.

“Why is it that every time I see you, you’re always crying?”

“A-alpha…” she muttered, trying to wipe away the tears on her face.  “W-why are you—“

“I am a student here Dara.”

There, she noticed that the alpha is wearing a badge from Nobi Society. “You-you are—“

“Of course! Being a class-A is too mainstream. I want to try stuffs that aren’t usual.”

Dara just shrug and continued to cry making the alpha laugh. “We shared a conversation awhile ago then all of a sudden, you’ll cry again?”

The alpha gets something from his pocket and handed Dara the candy he’s been holding. “Studies show that sweet stuffs make a person happy. I don’t know why I am believing those s but just trying my luck.”

Dara shortly smiled and gets the candy the alpha just gave her. “Thanks.”

“Come on! You’re too beautiful to shed a tear.” The alpha said trying his best to sound as enthusiastic as he can be. “Smile you don’t know who—“

“What is your name?” Dara asked. He’s really mysterious and she doesn’t know why she has a feeling that they met before. He’s a stranger yet they’ve been talking and he’s taking care of her since then. “You don’t wear your nameplate.”

The alpha just smile at her. “Smile, Sandara Park. You don’t know who will fall for you because of your smile.”

“I-I…”

“Still that issue?” Dara didn’t answer. The alpha just holds her hand and gently squeezes it. “You want to know why I am here talking to you?”

Dara looked at him. Now that he mentioned it, it bugs here now.  “W-why are you here?”

“Because I like you…” Dara shook her head and er eyes widened. The alpha laughed because of Daras’ epic reaction. “If you could have seen your face!”

Dara punches his chest while laughing. She doesn’t know why when she’s with him; she can smile even if everything is being burden to her. “I-I—“

“Come on! I told you, smile!” The alpha said still starring at the Queen of his game. “And don’t hate me çoz I’m beautiful.” He said, following the tune of that song.

Dara momentarily forget that they’re inside the school library. Lucky enough that the librarian didn’t caught them. “You’re crazy!”

“And you smile.”

Dara felt like the burden on her heart was slowly fading away. “Thank you, Mr. Alpha.”

“You’re always welcome, my Queen.” Silence filled them and they didn’t bother to talk. The alpha said after a long silence, “Time.”

Dara looked at him with confused expression. “W-what?”

The alpha looked at her and smile. “They say time heal all wounds. Give yourself time to be angry about the things that is happening right now. After that, move-on. All you have to do is to accept it and be glad that you already move-on.”

She looked at him. Time and move-on… The alpha stands up and smiled at her. “I have to go. I still have class in Biology.”

Dara looked at the candy the alpha gave to her. It was a blue wrapper candy but what catches most her is the dedication written on it: SMILE and BE HAPPY. And she noticed that her heart is already light and caught herself smiling while starring at the candy the alpha gave her.

The alpha walked away with a smile on his face. He shook his head, remembering how crazy his acts he did.  I understand why Kwon Jiyong fell for her… He thought. In just few meetings, he liked her. Maybe in some other time, I can like her the way I want to like her…

 

 

A week passed and the school term is about to end. Christmas vacation is about to start and everyone is excited. All of the examinations were already through and students were cleaning their locker and get the important stuffs in it.

Dara is silently sitting on her desk. She’s sure that she answered the test questions right. She studied well and didn’t let the problem bugs her. It’s been a week since the last conversation she had with the alpha and she might say that he is right. She didn’t give pressure to herself and let the time heal her heart.

She already forgiven them, the moment she realize that they all did it all just for her. Though at first she keep on denying it since she keep on insisting that they lie to her, everyday, someone is putting a note on her drawer. And this time, she receives a note saying…

‘I knew the first time I saw you, you’re not the same specie as others. Forgive them Dara…’

 

She already has an idea who gave her that note. And she found herself smiling.

A week changed her. She becomes livelier than the usual and she keeps on smiling. She becomes friendlier and she’s happy with it. She’s happy that with that moment of her life, she becomes a strong woman.

She hasn’t seen Donghae in awhile and she kinda missed him. They said that Donghae went back to America and study there. Even if she was scared of the fact that Donghae is obsessed with her, she felt like she wanted to have a closure with him. They’re still friends, no matter what he did in the past. She wanted to let Donghae understand that she cannot reciprocate his feelings for him: that she tried her best to like him the way he wanted. But it failed. Lee Donghae is still good to her and it saddens her because he’s gone away.

But she misses more Jiyong. Now she felt that real thing they called, so near yet so far… She can see him everyday because they’re classmates and seatmates and yet, they are not talking. She thought that he’s keeping his distance to her. She missed the thought of holding his hands and him smiling at her.

She let out a sigh. “I miss you…”

“I miss you too…”

Dara stiffened and eventually smile. She knew that voice and even if they haven’t talking for awhile, her heart still do an SOP when he’s around: loud pounding of her chest that gives her a feeling like her heart is about to go out on her ribs.

She looked at him and gave him a wide smile. She’s happy! Very happy to see him. “H-How are you?”

“Without these bruises on my face, I’m fine.” Jiyong answered. He looked at her with a fond on hs face. “How about you? H-How are you?”

“I-I’m fine too.” Dara answered. She doesn’t know how to react. As if her crush asked her on a date. “It’s been a long time Jiyong, h-how’s Taeyang?”

“He’s happy that I’m okay.”

“Okay.”

“Okay.”

Then, silence. But the silence filled the room is not awkward. They’re just staring at each other with a huge smile on their face. I’m grinning like an idiot! Jiyong thought.

Dara gasp and fixed her stuffs. Daesung will pick her up because they’ll be going to a park. After what happens to her, her family becomes more open to her. Her mother usually asks her about her studies but at the end of their conversation, she always says that: “I’m fine with the fact that you’re graduating with good grades. Even if you’re not the rank one.”

Even if her grandfather is not the that close with her, she know too well that time will come her grandfather will accept her. Time…

“Where are you heading to?” Jiyong ask. “I-I can accompany you…”

“N-No its okay. Daesung will accompany me anyways.”

When they we’re on the hallway they know they will part ways. Jiyong holds her hand and smile at her. “I’ll be goin’” Jiyong said but he wants to be with her. “I-I’ll just fix my locker first before going home.”

“S-sure.”

“You’ll be staying here for Christmas?” Jiyong asked. “M-Maybe we can hang-out.”

“Li-like a date?” Dara asked. She never went out on a date.

“Maybe.” Jiyong said, playfully.

“I think we’ll go to our ancestral house.” Dara said,making Jiyong frown for a bit. “But we’ll come back the day after Christmas day.”

That made Jiyongs face lightens up. He cupped her face and kissed her forehead, then hugged her tightly. “A-As much as I want to kiss your lips, I just can’t. As much as I want to keep you for my own, I just can’t.”

Dara nods. She felt like her face is burning. “I-I have to go.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

Jiyong saw Dara walking away but he can still feel that euphoric feeling he had. Everything about him and Dara started with a lie. But he will make sure that the next one will be on the right track.

He went to the locker area and went to his locker. He was that the alpha is waiting for him. He gave him a high five then opens his locker. “So, how was it?” The alpha asked. “You okay?”

“Yes.” Jiyong said while smiling. “I’ll set things right.”

“That’s good.” The alpha said. He let out a sigh and fixes his necktie. “I have to go. Basketball team is still waiting for me.”

“Okay.”

The alpha walked away and let out a sigh. If only I can have the guts to say this to her, maybe this story will not end this way… But he smiled and think that maybe, things in the universe isn’t in favor for him and for her. But still, I like my Queen. I like her a lot…

Jiyong opens his locker, still smiling. He cannot deny the fact that he’s really happy upon talking to her. Even if it was just a short conversation. He saw a pink paper falls from his locker. He bends down his knees and pick it up. But to his dismay he saw an invitation.

You are invited to Lee Donghae and Sandara Parks’ engagement party…

“Damn!”

 

 

A/N: What’s the verdict? Could it be a happy ending or not? :>

And, can you do me a favor? I want all of the subscribers to post a comment in this chapter. I want to know who’s reading this fanfic actively and who’s just waiting for this to end. No need for an upvote or anything, just post a comment guys. It will make me happy seriously. <3 <3 <3

XOXO