Chapter Twenty

Nothing Last Forever

It’s been a week since she last saw Jiyong. After she danced with Donghae at that time, she immediately finds Jiyong at the crowd. She’s waiting that Jiyong will ask her to dance but she failed, she didn’t find him. She went home with a frown on her face but she immediately hid it inside because she saw his brother is waiting at her. For her, it’s a rare event to see her brother in their house and she doesn’t want Thunder to be worrying at her.

The classroom is crowded because some of her classmates didn’t go to the cafeteria. Examinations are fast approaching and her classmates were much occupied into studying: almost all of them were afraid of being at the bottom part of the ranking because there’ll be a greater chance that they’ll be kicked-out to their current section. A part of her wanted to study now since she’s not busy but a part of her wanted to ask Choi Seunghyun few questions who’s silently sitting at his place at the back. What would I ask to him? Should I ask him about Jiyong? She hesitated then sighed, Maybe he’s very busy this week. Yeah, that’s right.

She wanted to ask Jiyong what’s the real score between the two of them. Are they boyfriend-and-girlfriend? Are they even dating? Does the confession happened means they are couple now? No, maybe this is not the right time. She shook her head and fixed her stare at Donghae, whose sleeping peacefully at her side. She noticed that his lips were slightly open that made her giggle. He’s so cute. I wish I had feelings for him.

She’s sure that the bathum-bathum feeling she had before for Donghae were gone. When Jiyong came to the picture, everything changed. He slowly and surely eradicates her growing feelings for Donghae in just a snap. Geez, this is too soon.

“How I wish I have feelings for you…” she mumbled. She takes a nap beside Donghae but her head is opposite to his head. And she’s shocked when she saw Jiyongs’ face at her side; his head is at his table and glancing at her while smiling.

It’s been a week since she last saw him and it’s bugging her since her heart is beating as hell as fast. She smiled at him as he mouthed “Hi” to her.

“Where have you been?” she mouthed, trying to act normal as possible. She’s afraid that her classmates would notice her actions. They may be classmates now but knowing that he’s still a Noye in their school, everybody will judge him for sure.

“I miss you.” He mouthed, in a very serious motion. One minute, Jiyong is playful, and then the next minute, he’s serious. She can’t understand him somehow. But you fall to him, even if he’s as complicated as an abstract painting.

She smiled at him, trying hide the nervousness she felt towards him. “I-I miss you too.”

She stands up and looked-around. No one noticed that they’re having an ‘intimate’ conversation on their respected seats. She nap again and looked at him. May I present to you, the playful Jiyong. Jiyong is smiling at her, “I like falling for you.”

Jiyong smiled at her. The feeling he’s feeling right now must be stop. This is against the plan. But his heart is saying the other way around. The way his heart beats fast and relaxed the moment he’ll see her is an indication that Dara is really worth the shot.

“Me too.” She answered. Indeed, she loves falling for Jiyong too. “I like falling with you.”

Jiyong wanted to hold her hand, to cup her beautiful face and plant soft kisses on her soft lips. A part of him wanted to do that but a bigger part of him says that he shouldn’t do that. It’s beyond his capabilities. After all, he’s still a Noye in this school. And a Noye must not fall to any member of the upper society. He smirked at her thought. Screw this rules set by his father!

He glances at Choi Seunghyun and he saw an imaginary signal coming from him saying that they must do their task now. He closed his eyes and sighed, If saying goodbye to her means that the plans would be successful, then, he’ll do his best to do it.

“I’m sorry.” He mouthed, making clue-less Sandara wonder. “I’m sorry.”

He stand-up and didn’t look back. Because he knew that the moment he’ll do it, is the same time he’ll regret it. Dara who’s clueless tried to follow him. She doesn’t know why Jiyong is being like this. The moment that both of them are already outside their classroom, she silently followed them. Both Seunghyun and Jiyong went inside the unoccupied classroom. She followed them. She saw Jiyong is standing at the center part of the classroom while Seunghyun is standing at the exit door. He stares at her as if he’s giving them the privacy to talk.

Once Seunghyun was out and the two of them were alone, silence filled the empty room. She’s wondering why Jiyong said sorry to her all of a sudden after a very playful conversation.

“Jiyong…”

“I’m sorry.” He said, trying to hide the regrets he’s holding. After this, all of the things he’s planning to do with her will be different. No more holding hands under the table, no more stealing of kisses and no more heart-warming conversation. “I-I cannot reciprocate the feelings you’re giving to me. I-I am not capable of giving you that feeling.”

“W-what do you mean? I-I thought…”

Jiyong shook his head. “I was just hanging around with you. I never thought that a girl like you will be that easily to give in. I just said that I like you and you told me the same.”

“J-Jiyong…” Dara steched out her hand, trying to touch him but he refuse to. He jerked and smirked, “What are you talking about?”

“I don’t like you that much.” He said, “I have a girlfriend at Thailand and she’s here. What I felt towards you is just for fun. Come on Dara, is that the first time someone told you how beautiful you are? That they like you?”

Dara tried to grasp the words Jiyong said. Everything that is happening is so fast: the Noye, the class standings, her feelings for him, Donghaes’ feelings for her. Everything. “J-Jiyong…”

“I am not a real Noye. I am the son of the President whom you always call ‘Uncle’. I am the owner of this school, you get it?” Jiyong said, trying to be as tough as he can. He saw that Sandaras’ face were wet because of the tears that is falling on her face. He wanted to brush those tears away and kiss her and say that he’s just lying. But the mission must start now.

“Jiyong…” Dara said, trying to control her sobs but she failed. “I-I like you. I like you a lot. P-please, don’t do this.” Dara plead.

“You’re engaged to Donghae. You’re supposed to be his Queen to this game. But I steal you away from him, and you are now my Queen.

“I-I don’t understand.”

“You’re now involved with the human chess we’ve been playing. I am the King of this game and Donghae is my opponent.” Jiyong said. He brushes his thumb to the wooded White Chess piece he’s holding. “I am the King of this game Dara.” He walk slowly towards her and the moment they’re close to each other, he handed him the White King to her. “Please, protect me my Queen.”

He kneeled in front of her and it made Dara gasp. “Jiyong!”

“As the Queen of this game, protect me. I am asking you to protect me Dara.”

 

 

A/N: Just a short update. I’m very busy with out thesis. Mianhe~~