Chapter Twenty-four

Nothing Last Forever

Everyone was shock with the sudden reaction of Lee Donghae. With his eyes wide open, he looked at Taeyang with full of horror on his face. It can’t be! This can’t be happening!  He keeps on shouting on his thought. He’s currently standing- the only student who stands-up and pointing a finger to Taeyang who’s now smirking on his head.

 

“Y-You…” Donghae blurted out. Confusion is written all over his face. “H-how…”

“Do you know me?” Taeyang asked playfully, not even minding the curious stares from the students. “Ahh, you look familiar too. By chance, have be met before?”

Dara looked at Donghae and tried her best to reach for his shirt. Donghae looked at Daras’ worried face and it dawn to him that the guy in front of them is the same guy he almost killed because of too much affection for Dara.

“Are you alright?” Dara asked. By the way Donghae looks she can say that he’s not. Not a bit. “Hey…”

“I-I need to go to the C.R.” Donghae said then walked away, leaving his classmates and teacher confused.

“Why is he acting that way?” one of the students blurted out. “As if he saw some kind of a ghost in Teacher Taeyangs’ image.”

Daras’ gaze followed Donghae. Even if she doesn’t have an idea why does Taeyang teaching them all of a sudden and to why is Donghae acting like that, the thought that Taeyang is their teacher made her happy and forget about the odd that is happening.

Taeyang cheerfully smiled at them, looking at his younger brother Jiyong and Dara.  “So, tell me your names and your likes. I want to know you better.”

 

 

 

Jiyong silently followed Donghae. The moment he stepped out of the classroom is the signal he’s been waiting for.

“Lee Donghae!” he called out when they approached the hallway where the elevator is located. Since its still 8 in in the morning, all of the students were at their classroom due to their homeroom period.

 

Donghae stopped and looked at his new classmate, Kwon Jiyong. He waited for him to approach him but he’s just standing there, few meters away from him. What is this all about? He wanted to scold at him because he’s interrupting him- he’s thinking the reasons to why and how. The fact that Taeyang is here, alive and kicking and will be their class adviser, is ingly bugging him. He’s afraid of the possible things that will happen. Will he tell Dara and the whole school to what he did to him few years ago? Will everyone understand him? That he just did those things in the past because of his love for Dara?

 

“What?!” he asked, furiously, but Jiyong just smirked at him. And it’s annoying the hell in him! What is this guy thinking?! “If you’re looking for a fight, I’m not on the mood to—“

“Come on Donghae. I’m not that kind of person.” Jiyong said, still the smirk on his face is evident. “I’m not the type of person who masks the real intentions and character.”

“W-what do you mean?” Donghae nervously asked. He felt that this Kwon Jiyong knows something and he’s afraid of it. He’s afraid of the fact that someone might ruin him.“What do you want?!”

Jiyong raised his hands as if he’s saying that he’s not having a fight with him. “Relax hyung. Easy.”

“Tell me what—“

“I’m just curious.”

“H-huh?”

“Curious to the reasons why you acted that way earlier. Hmmm, by any chance, do you personally know Teacher Taeyang?”

 

Donghae stopped and looked at Jiyong bewilderedly. He looked away and tried his best to act coolly towards Jiyong. He’s indeed an observant and intelligent to notice it. “How would I personally know him? His face is a bit common so I-I thought I know him.”

Jiyong smirked but remained vigilant. He doesn’t want to ruin the plan but he wants to shake him for a bit. “Hmmm, that’s quite odd. By the way you look at him, it seems like you know him.” Jiyong looked at Donghae and smiled at him widely. “Well, maybe I’m just over thinking. I have to go.”

When Donghae was about to walk-away, Jiyong called him again but this time, he makes sure that he’ll shake Donghae. “You left this…”

Wondering, Donghae accepted the paper Jiyong gave to him. When he opened it, he was shaken indeed and it made Jiyong happy. But he acted as if he’s curious so he went closer to him. “W-what’s that?” Geez! I’ll get an acting award because of this!

Donghae crumpled the paper and hold it tightly. “I-it’s nothing.”

Jiyong just shrug and walked-away with a victory smile on his face. “O-okay.”

Donghae was left there, still shaken because of the letter he’s tightly holding right now.

 

Lee Donghae, I’m back. Are you ready?- Taeyang

 

 

Everything is clear for Donghae: the moment he saw Dara and another guy walking in the park in Thailand, the way Dara laughed with him and the way he caressed her face- as if she’s as precious as a gem.  The sudden aguish feeling aroused from inside of him. And it’s making him furious.

He saw that the two were surrounded by familiar faces: Daras’ family including her younger brother and her cousin Seungri. They were accompanied with 3 unfamiliar guys with them.

He followed Dara even if it’s a vacation because he wanted to be with her. He flew all the way from Korea just to be with her and know her well. They’re still in high school so he was accompanied by their trusted butler. He barely knew Sandara Park: she’s the school muse and schools’ top-performing student. She’s really beautiful and he wanted to get to know her.

They’re not classmates and that’s the sad part of his high school life. He’s still in class-A 3 not because he’s not intelligent but because he’s still a transfer student. After the school evaluation and deliberation, he’ll know whether he’ll be transferred to the class-A where he’ll get a chance to know her better or not.

He remembers it all, the moment his eyes met hers, accurately as if it was carved and recorded in his mind. It was their school enrollment and as the elementary representative at that time being the batch Valedictorian, Dara assisted to welcome the transferees. He’s a transfer student from oversees. Dara approached them with smiles on her face.

 

“Anyyeong, welcome to Sequel University.” She greeted him, along with their butler. “I am Sandara Park and I’ll be assisting you today.”

 

That was the first line she told him. And it made him smile even if it was just a formal and normal approach. For him, the moment he met his stare is the same moment he realize that he wants to marry this girl.

 

“What is your name?” she asked, smiling.

“I’m Lee Donghae.”

She nodded, signaling that she’s listening attentively. “You’re from oversees. Why did you transfer here?”

“My father put me here.”

“Well, it’s a good choice that you study here because Sequel University is the best University here in South Korea.”

 

That was the clearer picture he can remember about their first meeting. And he fell for her, hard and without restrictions. He made sure that no one would dare to lay a finger to his precious Dara and no one would dare to ask her out. He made sure that no one will bully her. He made sure that every time she’ll go home, she’ll be safe. All the sacrifices he did just to protect and love Dara from afar were devastated because of that guy.

So, he planned everything. He almost killed him, the guy named Youngbae. He followed him wherever he goes and he was fuming mad that he saw he’s with another girl later that day. For him, how could he easily cheat on Dara?

 

“I know what you did there, Youngbae.” He said when he’s (Younbae) alone going home. The lamps on the street weren’t because of the sunset.

“Who are?” Youngbae asked. He knew he’s Korean because he’s talking to him in Korean. “How did you know my name?”

Donghae smirked. “I am Sandaras’ boyfriend.”

Youngbae was shocked since Dara haven’t mentioned that she has a boyfriend in Korea. For all he knew, Dara is still single and too young for having a serious relationship. Dara never mentioned something like relationships to him. He was planning to match-make Dara to his younger brother, Jiyong.

“I beg for—“

“And I saw you flirting with someone else! How could you do that to my Dara!” Donghaes’ anger aroused and with clenching hands, he hold Youngbaes’ collar. “I want you to stay away from my girlfriend, huh? You’re ruining us!”

 

Youngbae smirked. He can now feel that this guy is lying. Dara would tell him if she had a boyfriend. He asked her many times, just to make sure that his younger brother wouldn’t be hurt if Dara would tell that she had a boyfriend.

“As far as I’ve know, she had no boyfriend since birth.”

“You!”

 

Donghae immediately punched Youngbae on his face which made Youngbae roll on the floor. He punches him to death and with full force. All the anger he felt the moment he saw he’s with her immediately arouse that made him stronger.

Youngbae punched him too but he’s too strong. Aside from the fact that he’s not really into fist fighting, someone holds his hand making him punch him for more.

Donghae smirked when he saw Youngbaes’ face were full of blood. “Now, back-off. Dara is mine alone, she’s mine and you’re not allowed to touch her even her hair strands.”

Youngbae cannot move, even open his mouth to talk. His whole body is aching and he cannot do anything but memorize his face. “I am Lee Donghae and this is a lesson for you not to mess around with me.”

 

Donghae bit his lower lip and think. The human chess game he’s been playing is different now. Donghae and Jiyong are fighting over their queen, Sandara Park. And now that that Youngbae is in the picture, he can’t help it but be frightened. He has no idea about Jiyong and Youngbaes’ relationship but he knew, he’ll eventually know.

 

 

“So the school camping is already set. Pack your things and the waiver were already given to your parents.” Taeyang said to his advisory class. “We’ll be staying there for 3 days and I want you to develop the sense of teamwork and independence.”

 

Everybody is excited, including Dara. The last time she remembers’ she goes out for a camp was when she’s on her third grade and that was a mock-camp set at their backyard along with her cousins and younger brother.

 

“So the teams were already set.” Youngbae mentioned the name of the team members. “… And lastly, Kwon Jiyong, Sandara Park, Lee and Choi Seunghyun will be teammates. So, prepare all the stuffs you’ll be needing including the food you will eat. I don’t want you to come ot my tent and ask for food. Arrasso?”

“Neh!”

 

 

 

 

A/N: This story will end by October 28, 2014 plus the Epilogue.  I’ll update everyday from now on so, get ready guys! :> Thank you for the subscription and for your comments! Love you all! <3