Chater Twenty-seven

Nothing Last Forever

“So, your name is GD?” Dara asked GD, one time, while she’s waiting for Seungri and the others. Youngbae is with TOP and Seungri and her younger brother is with them.

GD just looked at her then immediately looked away. He’s not comfortable when Dara is around. He doesn’t know why he’s panting and sweating when she’s around and he hated it. Dara gets the attention his older brother supposed to give to him.But he’s not hating Dara. He just hate the effect on him when she’s around.

 

“You know what GD, I really don’t know why you have this very long hair and why is it covering your face.” Dara stated matterly fact. GDs bangs are covering his face and she has no idea why he’s doing it.”I don’t think you’re ugly… well, no one in this world is ugly by the way. We were created equally by the Lord above, right GD?”

 

GD just shrugs and didn’t say a word. Dara observed him and noticed that he’s always looking at his feet and playing with it: raising it up and then down then side to side, in a wiggling motion.

 

“Just so you GD, I really like you.” Dara said, catching the attention of young Jiyong. He looked at her with bewilderment but didn’t say even a word. He just looks at her and waited for her to say something. “I like you because even if you don’t talk to me that much, you’re still here and accompanying me.”

“I’m… I don’t usually do the talking’s.” he said, making Dara smile. Being with him for around 30 minutes today, this is the first sentence he said to her. And she’s happy with it.

“Why?” she asked enthusiastically.

“I-I’m not used to.”

 

Jiyong looked down again and do his mannerism: raising his feet up and then down then side to side- in a wiggling motion. Dara holds his arm and absentmindedly, Jiyong immediately grabs his arm. Dara looked at Jiyong, confused.

“J-Jiyong…”

“D-Don’t touch me. I-I’m not used to it.”

 

Dara felt sad towards Jiyong but she cannot do anything. She doesn’t know anything about him. All she knows is that Jiyong is Youngbaes’ younger brother.

 

“You… you’re making me like you even more GD.” Dara said, still smiling and tries her best not to be offending. “You’re like a conundrum and it made me curious.”

“If you’re just curious—“

“No, it’s not what you mean. I like you as a person. I like you because even if you’re like this- mysterious and silent- I know deep inside you is a very kind person.”

 

Dara stands up and walked away, walking towards her cousin who’s waving his hands. But before that, she looked at Jiyong and smile. “I like today and I know I’ll like you tomorrow and for the next seventy light years of my life…”

 

 

 

Everyone is setting their tents and giving instructions to who is who will be the person who’ll share the same beddings. Jiyongs’ team was outside their tent and is now holding papers. As usual, they love playing games.

“Now, since Dara and Seungri were cousins, they’re the only girl and boy who are allowed to sleep together. Now the purpose of this papers you’re holding right now is for you to know who will be the person who will sleep next to you.” Jiyong instructed them. Everyone nod so Jiyong continued. “Dara will be the barrier for the girls and Seungri will be the barriers for the boys.

Now open the papers you’re holding and be happy to have a new sleeping-buddy.”

Every member was happy because they’ll be sleeping with someone they wanted to talk to. Daras’ sleeping-buddy will be Nana and she’s happy about it. Dara liked Nana even if she just barely knows her.

“So, fix yourselves and get ready for a good night sleep.”

 

 

 

Dara along with Seungri and Seunghyun is washing the plates they used. The other members were the one arranging the beddings of their tent while the others were the one who’s washing the cooking wares they used.

Seungri is observing Dara silently. He knew that the plan they’ve been waiting will take place during the camping. And he’s afraid for her cousins’ safety. He looked at Seunghyun and talked to him is Thai language.

“I’m afraid she’ll get hurt after the execution of the plan.” Seungri said, making Dara looked at her.

“What are you guys talking about?” Dara asked, half-smiling and half-accusing. “Are you mocking at me?”

Seungri smiled at her and pinch her cheeks even if it has dishwashing soap. “That’s our biggest secret noona.”

 

Dara just giggled then continued washing the plates. She’s just joking around since the atmosphere is very heavy. She doesn’t want to feel it. She figures it out, she’s not born yesterday and she knew something is happening: the sudden appearance of Youngbae and all the odds that is happening around her. She doesn’t know why and how it did happen.

 

TOP looked at Seungri. “This is what the orders stated. We need to set things right this time Seungri. He, the alpha, is not amused to what we’ve been doing.”

Seungri sighed and stares at his cousin whose smiling while washing the plates. He’s happy that she’s happy right now. And he’s afraid that if the plan goes well, everything about Dara will change.

“What should we do? To at least lessen the—“

“We cannot do anything Seungri.” TOP stated, admiring how Dara works naturally. “She’s the main reason why this is happening. Just like in a Venn diagram, our common denominator is her, Sandara Park.”

 

 

 

Jiyong is silently waiting for the others to enter the tent. He’s been counting heads since then and the last person he’s been waiting for him to be able to sleep is Dara. He doesn’t know where she is right now. He asked Seungri and TOP awhile ago since they’re the buddies but they said that Dara went to the CR. The call time for tomorrow is early, 6 AM, and they must sleep now since it’s already 10 PM.

He’s been holding his own guitar and strums it, playing a random melody that is running on his thoughts. That’s the moment Dara came while holding her towel because she just came out from the CR for a wash.   She saw how Jiyong closes his eyes and smiles, and that made her smile too. It’s just that she really like seeing other people smile. She doesn’t know why.

“Should I call you genius?” Dara asked, playfully. She puts the towel she’s been holding at the table near their tent and sat next to him.

“Genius is an understatement.” Jiyong muttered trying to be cool. “Maybe I’m a prodigy.”

“It sounds like a pedigree. Food for dogs.” Dara commented making Jiyong laugh. “But they do share the same thought though. Exceptional talent and power. Marvel. I really don’t know I’ll meet someone like you.”

Jiyong chuckled and continued strumming his guitar. “Tell me about yourself Dara.”

“W-why?”

Jiyong faced her, still strumming his guitar. “I just want to know you better.”

“W-well, I’m Sandara Park and I have a—“

“Not that.”

Puzzled, Dara looked at Jiyong. “What do you mean?”

“Those are very resume-like. I want to know you as a person: your likes, dislikes, hobbies and many more.”

“W-why all of a sudden—“

“I don’t know. Maybe I’m not tired and I want someone to talk to.” I want to know you better because some things will change afterwards…

“W-well I love eating pasta…”

 

Jiyong just stares at her, memorizing every details of her face while she do the talking. He will surely miss her, if things will not be as smooth as the sand. He will surely miss her blabbing and laughter and her scent.  The way she opens and pout. Even the slightest manners she had: the way she closes and opens her eyes and the way she put her pigtails. Everything about her…

 

“…and also I don’t like dogs. I’m scared of them.” Dara said. She looked at Jiyong who’s looking at her intently and she doesn’t know why she’s being intimidated with his stares. Again. “Don’t look at me like that.”

“What?” Jiyong asked, butstill didn’t look away. He loves to watch her, as if staring at her is like a glipms of heaven. “I am starring at you Sandara Park.”

“I don’t like it.”

“Why?”

“Y-you’re starring at me as if I’m a piece of a meat.”

 

Jiyong wanted to laugh because of her remarks. “You’re what?”

“A piece of meat. Your brown eyes stare at me as if studying every tissue that composes me. I-I don’t like it. It really intimidates me.”

Jiyong set aside his guitar and moves closer to Dara. He put his hands on to of her hands and smiled. “You’re not a piece of a meat because you are my precious gem.” Jiyong slightly squeezes her hand. “Maybe you will think that my feelings are just too shallow. Who wouldn’t think that way? I’m still a high school boy and I am not man enough to tell the world that I really, really like you. I’m not near to perfect and all I can do is saying how much I love you and show that I really care.

I am not man enough to give you the things that your heart and mind desire because all I can give is just a shallow happiness. When we get old and part ways all you can have is a memory about me. No materials involved but just pure memories.”

Dara doesn’t know how to react. The loud beating of her heart says that she’s overwhelmed. “I-I don’t know what to say… I-I…”

Jiyong pinched her nose and smile. “All the things I said to you don’t require an answer. I love you today, righ?”

 

Dara and Jiyong stayed like that: talking about their dreams and random things. Little did they know that Donghae is looking at them from afar with greeted teeth. For him seeing how Jiyong holds his Queens hands is an eye sore. The more he’ll see their interaction, the more he wanted to conduct the plan he’s been planning.

Let’s see if you can survive, Kwon Jiyong….

 

Dara felt like sleeping after a few minutes of talking with Jiyong. She wanted to stay like that, just merely talking and laughing about his stories, but she’s really sleepy. So she stands up and grabs her towel. Jiyong stands up too and bring his guitar with him. Both of them entered the tent silently. She almost scream when she step on Seunghyuns foot.

“Be careful.” Jiyong whispered in between controlled laughter. Seunghyun is really tall and his feet are already out of their beddings.

“O.K.”she mouthed. She placed her towel on her traveling bag and went to her place.

Jiyong took his place and settled down. He’s just staring at the ceiling but he cannot sleep. He looked at Dara who’s now closing her eyes. “Goodnight.”

Dara looked at Jiyong and smile at him. “Goodnight.”

 

 

Everybody woke up with the loud noise created by the teachers and team leaders. It’s already 6 AM and they must wake up to start their day.

“Everyone, fix yourselves. After an hour, we’ll start our first activity.”

Dara woke up and stretched her arms. She noticed that she’s the only one who’s still wearing pajamas while the others are wearing their rubber shoes and jogging pants. She went closer to Seunghyun. “Did you jog?”

“Yep. We’re waking you up but you’re sleeping like a baby.”

She bit her lower lip with too much embarrassment. She immediately went to the comfort room to take a bath. Hen she’s about to enter, she saw he cousin Bom inside. She’s not afraid of her, infact she’s happy seeing her today. She haven’t seen her in awhile and she really missed her.

“Bom!” she called out.

 

Bom saw Dara and was about to smile and wave at her when she remember that she must refrain herself from doing that. She plaster a fake smirk even though inside of her wanted to hug her cousin and bestfrend. I miss you Dara…

“W-what?”

“I missed you!” Dara hugged her tightly. She really misses her cousin Bom. Even though she’s plastering a fake attitude, she still loves her cousin. For Dara, Bom is like her mother: no matter how rough her attitude might be, she’s still a family and a sister for her.

“Get away from me.”

Dara just smile. “Who’s your teammates?”

“Why do you even care?”

“O-oh.”

Bom stares at her cousin intently, trying her best to intimidate her. “Get lost.”

Dara just shrug, eventually smiled at her. “You’re still cute even if you’re being y these past few days. You’re still my sister, bestfriend.”

Dara was about to enter the comfort room when Bom holds her right arm to stop her. Bom doesn’t know why she’s doing this. “B-Be careful.”

Dara smiled. “You too, be careful unnie.

Bom just realize that she still care for her cousin.  I’m sorry if I‘m this Dara… I’m just protecting you….

 

 

Everyone is now gathered at the pavilion where instructions were given to the students. They’ll be doing sort of a team-building/ Amazing Race. The losing team will stay outside their tent to sleep in the evening. Almost all of the students were frantic and planning keenly with their strategies to win the game. No one likes to sleep outside their tent.

“We must win.” Dara said enthusiastically to her team mates. “But if we loose, its fine with me to sleep outside of the tent. You know another great experience.”

Other members’ just laughed but they thought that Dara is right. Sleeping outside the tent is a new experience. Jiyong noticed the shoe lace of Dara. He bent down and started doing it.

“J-Jiyong.”

“We will not win if you keep on falling.”

Dara just smiled. “Thanks.”

 

The game begins and Jiyongs’ team is one of the leading teams. The race is composed of dares that students cannot imagine: eating frogs’ meat, holding a snake and many more.  Being labeled as class-A, student in that class are only active if the task is involve in mind games.

Jiyongs’ team is now on their fifth station. They’re at the woods and their task is to find the 5 sacks were the next clue is on it. Sacks were hanged on the trees and hid behind the leaves.

“Who knows how to climb?” Jiyong asked their team members.

“I know how.” Seungri and Seunghyun answered immediately.

“You’ll be assigned on to of the trees.” He instructed. “The other members will find the sacks on the ground. In 5 minutes, I will give you the signal and be back here. Arrasso?

“Neh!”

 

Everyone is looking for the clues and Jiyong is right, two sacks were being placed on top of the trees. He saw that the 3 other sacks were already at the ground so he signals the others to gather for them to arrange the puzzle.

They’re now arranging the puzzle when Jiyong noticed that Dara is missing. He looked around but he cannot see her.

“Whose Daras’ buddy awhile ago?” he asked.

No one answered so he looks for Seungri and Seunghyun and talked to them in Thai language. “Where is she?”

“I don’t know.” TOP answered.

“I thought you two were buddies for the whole time?” Seungri asked, making Jiyong more frustrated.

 

He runs around the parameter of the location of the sacks. “Dara!” he started shouting.

“Stop playing games we’re in a hurry. Come one!”

“Dara!”

He was about to cuss when he saw a shoe on the ground and he confirmed it that it was Daras’ shoe since he’s the one who put her shoe laces on. “!”

Seungri went to Jiyong who’s now cussing. “What the—“

“The game has started. Donghae is playing the game already.” He said in Thai form making other members dumbfounded.

“!”