Chapter Five

Nothing Last Forever

When the clock strikes 8 AM, the classes for the Class-A and Class-B students of Sequel University started. The class of the Noyes’ started an hour earlier than them, for them to have time to teach their ‘masters’ after class- which is by 4 PM. Best teachers’ were employed to give them quality education they deserve that supports their school mission. After all, they’re paying great amount to have those services.

Since in Sequel University social and economic status are important, students’ were classified based on their social status and at the same time, intellectual capacity. The Class-A students are composed of rich kids in Seoul District and at the same time intelligent, it is where Sandara Park belongs.  Class A students’ were the type of students that excel in almost all aspect: academics, extra-curricular. Some of them were labeled as “members of perfect class“- a class of leaders.

The Class-B students were composed of rich kids from Seoul District but not that intelligent. They were the kind of students’ who usually have greater chance of having their own Noye since they are lacking in their intellectual capacity that can be supplemented by the Noyes’- who are the intelligent but poor scholars of the school and at the same time the tutor of the Class-B students.

 

“I’m giving you a week or two to read the book entitled China Syndrome- a story about the first great epidemic in the 21st Century. Know the cause of the epidemic. After that, you’ll give me a three thousand words book report to be submitted via e-mail- deadline is Friday 2 weeks from now.” Their teacher said, while leaving the classroom. “I’m expecting a lot from this class since this is the Class 1-A and you’re already 4th year. Arraso?

 

The teacher left them dumbfounded. It was their microbiology teacher and the reason why he let them read the book is because of their topic about outbreak of diseases for the past 10 years. Even if they’re still on their Senior High, they’re already enrolling some College major subjects like trigonometry, microbiology and etc, Sure thing the whole class isn’t happy since it’s just the beginning of their class and yet they had their assignments already. Perks of being on Class-A.

Dara slowly tilted her head towards Lee Donghaes’ shoulder when the teacher is already out and their classmates’ were talking already. Typically, Sandara Park always roams around their classroom and asks random questions from them. She loves to socialize with others and practically, it is the reason why she has more friends.

 

“You didn’t sleep well last night, uh?” Donghae asked, while catching glimpse of sleeping Dara on his shoulder. Although she’s not really sleeping, he is afraid that she’ll be disturbed so he waved at their class vice-president to let their classmates shut their mouths.

 

“Hmmm.” Dara mumbled, trying her best to sleep. As much as she wants to talk normally to Donghae, the way her body, her eyes to be specific, respond to the warm welcome of Donghaes’ shoulder wouldn’t allow her to wake-up. Hmmm… he smells nice.

Wae?”

 

Dara remembered the conversation she had with her mom yesterday. “Marry him. That’s the least thing you can do to have a purpose in life…” She sardonically smiled and moves closer to Lee Donghaes’ shoulder. Donghae is quite confused: he never had seen Dara that touchy towards him. Sure thing, they’re comfortable with each other and they usually bond but not to the extent of having Dara on his shoulder.

 

“H-hey, what’s wrong?” concerned were evident on Lee Donghaes’ voice and face. It’s very unusual of her sitting her beside him. “You’re acting weird.”

“I am weird Lee Donghae.” Dara said, suppressing a smile. “I’m just wondering if I’ll get that bathum-bathum feeling if I’ll get too close to you.” I am trying Lee Donghae… Oh heart, please do cooperate.

“Why? Do you like me?” Dongahe suppress a smile. He knew he’s just joking about that but he can’t help it but wish that it is real. Being liked by Dara is like being in cloud-9.

“Silly.” She mumbled. Lots of things are running on her mind.

 

Then, silence eats them. Both of them were silently waiting for the bell: signals that it’s the end of their first period. Dara tried her best to act normally and be casual towards Donghae. She pull her head away to Donghaes’ sweet-smelled shoulder.

 

“Uhm, what if…” she mumbled, without giving him a glance. She’s afraid that once she’ll look in his eyes, she can read many emotions that aren’t supposed to be read. He’s a good catch Dara. Good catch.

“What if…” Donghae repeated, still confused.

“What if you’ll know someone is being engaged to you, without prior notice. And you know that you don’t like her, in some ways, what you’ll gonna do?” she asked, still holding her breath waiting for his answer. When she felt like Donghae won’t answer her question, she sighed. “Well, it’s not that important though. Just… random questions.”

 

Donghae think of the possible answer. “Is she beautiful?”

“I-I don’t know.” Am I beautiful?

“Well, if she’s as beautiful as you- inside and out- then I might fall for her.” Donghae answered.

 

Dara flushed to crimson red because his words were very sweet. She looked at Lee Donghae into his eyes. He had a very beautiful pair of eyes with full of enthusiasm and life. His eyes mirror the life every man wanted to have: happy, warm-hearted and contented. The way it sparks, it speaks. She’s not even on the bad side: Lee Donghae is a real catch. He’s kind and handsome, youngest son of a multi-millionaire, and they’re friends already, which mean that both of them had background about their character already.

 

“Why are you asking those random questions Dara?” Lee Donghae asked, still confused. “I haven’t heard you talking about stuffs like that. You’re not the typical girl who loves’ to talk about love.”

 

Dara take a deep breath. She must say this to Lee Donghae. Fighting! When she’s about to open and tell him that they’re engaged, the bell rang- signaling them that it’s their break-time. Maybe it’s not the right time…

 

“C’mon, I’ll treat you. I think you’re not eating much Dara…” Donghae mumbled as he holds her hand and dragged her towards the canteen.

 

 

 

When they arrived at the school cafeteria, Donghae let Dara sit on their usual sit – every time Dara is having her break at the cafeteria for class-A. Donghae went to the stalls and ordered food while she’s sitting at the chair, freely waiting for him. She saw Chaerin slightly smiled at her when their gaze met. She can’t help it but smile back. Chaerin is nice but some of them put color towards her being a silent type of girl.

Few minutes later, Dongahe went to their table and placed the food he ordered. But before he speak, her phone rang.

 

Kwon Jiyong calling…

 

She looked at Donghae and gave him an apologetic smile. “I… I need to go.”

“W-where to?”

“To someone… special to me.” She mumbled. Special to me? Yeah, he’s special because he is my Noye… she thought.

 

 

A/N: Its 11 PM here- just a short update. I’ll update tomorrow morning. :]