Chapter Twenty-two

Nothing Last Forever

Jiyong went back to their classroom. He saw that Dara is silently sitting on her chair as if she’s thinking something really important. The way her eyebrows furrow and the way she bit her lower lips, it means that she’s really thinking of something. And she’s being cute again.

He entered the classroom along with Seunghyun. He usually calls him TOP when they’re with their brothers in Thailand but since they’re on a mission this time, there’s no TOP or GD. He nods at him when their eyes met and continue to walk with their respected places. He seated next to Dara along with Donghae, who’s currently sleeping.

Ho looked at Donghae. No one would know that he’s a type of person who’ll do anything just to get what he really wants: by hook or by crook. Everybody think that he’s a type of person who always compromise, who’s always vigilant and submissive. The bone of this jerk. You’ll pay for everything. At the right time. He thought. Seeing Donghae suffer gives satisfaction to Jiyong. You’ll pay for everything…

 

Dara looked at Jiyong who’s currently starring at Donghae. She wants to think that Jiyong is slightly mad at Donghae, the way he looks at him and she’s afraid of it. Donghae may be having an attitude but she know that he’s a good guy. Ever since she knew him, he never shows an attitude that will give her enough reasons to be afraid of him. Well, except when he told him at the ball that she’s for him.

 

“Jiyong…” she mumbled, trying to divert his attention.

“Hmm?” Jiyong looked at Dara and smiled at her for awhile. “What is it?”

“The President to me that we should go to his office after class.” Dara said. She’s confused why did Uncle Yang told her to go to his office. Usually, they’ll have a meeting every Monday afternoon. Today is Friday and it’s unusual.

Jiyong, compose himself. He must not plaster an emotion. Why does father wants? “Hmm. I wonder what the school President wants.”

Dara just shrug and looked at the black board were their teacher is currently standing. She loves Math so she’s very excited. For her, almost all of the subjects in the world can betray you: science might give you inaccurate results and false hypothesis, English can give messages and words that can be misunderstood and many more. But Math only gives one directed answer: one formula is equals to one specific answer.

 

“You know what, I really do love Mathematics.” Dara mumbled, in between smiles. She remembers how happy she was when her parents let her enroll in a summer class when she’s still in elementary that focus on mathematics. Jiyong who sat beside her looked at her with an amusement.

Wae?” Jiyong asked. He manages to look at Dara while listening to their teacher. They say that boys don’t do multi-tasking. Well, I am doing it now.

“Because in mathematics, memorizing isn’t necessary: understanding the principle is the only key to be a good mathematician.” Dara focus on the calculations their math teacher is currently discussing. “English, ethics, science and many more subjects can betray you. But in math, once you understand the theory, you’ll follow the steps then, viola, correct answers were obtained. Geez, I am talking as if I am a great mathematician.”

Jiyong shrugs, trying himself not to sound like a math prodigy or to offend Dara with his side-comments. “Math does give false hope Dara. When you misunderstood the problem and the principles on how to solve it, you’ll end up with a wrong answer.”

“Then, blame it to the author of the book who gives very hard math problems.” She chuckled. “Perhaps, we should blame those mathematicians.”

“Indeed.” Jiyong said. The teacher was now on its checking part when he looked at her. “Life also gives false hope Dara. You think that you understand everything or even a bit but in the end, you’ll end up misunderstanding everything.”

Dara just shrug and smile at him. Even if I know Jiyong quite some time, he still has a character that is a mystery to me.

 

 

The day went on and Dara and Jiyong went to the school presidents’ office. The campus is filled with students who are chit-chatting with each other. Dara is now holding her bag when Donghae suddenly hugged her from behind. Jiyong saw it and gritted his teeth. The nerve of this bastard! As much as he wanted to punch his face hard, he cannot do anything. The moment he’ll do it, everything will be ruined.

Dara was shocked and immediately remove Donghaes’ hands that are wrapping on her waist. She looked around and saw those smiling faces from their classmates. But she’s not happy to it nor amuse. She looked at Jiyong who walked away. Is he mad? I hope he’s not. She’s afraid of the thought that Jiyong will get mad at her.

 

“Wooh! Darahae is real!”

“I knew it! It’s real!”

“Congratulations guys! You two would look like a cute couple!”

“Darahae fighting! No need of hiding it guys, c’mon!”

 

She timidly smiled at her classmates and immediately grabs her snap bag. Donghae hold her shoulder to stop her. “Hey, can I walk along with you?”

She looked at Jiyong who’s now going out of the classroom. She’s afraid he’s already pissed or what. “J-Jiyong!” she called out, making him pauses for a moment. “Wait for me.” She heard a lot of murmurs around but she refused to listen to it. She looked at the confuse Donghae and smile at him, “The president called us.”

Wae?” Donghae asked. He slowly removes his hand on her shoulders for her not to feel the trembling of his hands. He looked at their new classmate, Kwon Jiyong, who’s standing at the doorways, looking at Dara with a stoic expression.

“I don’t know.” Dara shrug and walked along with Jiyong. “Annyeong, oppa.

Donghae looked at them, still curious why the school president called them. But what amuses him is the way their new classmate looked at him before he went out of the classroom. His eyes were blazing with anger. Who are you, Kwon Jiyong?

 

 

Dara silently walked along with Jiyong towards the school presidents’ office. They were meters away from each other and its confusing Dara. Is he mad? She tried to understand why he’s acting like this but she cannot find even a hole of evidence why he’s acting strange.

“J-Jiyong…”

“He hugs you.” Jiyong said, while looking straight to the path they’re heading. He’s not afraid if he’ll talk to her, even if many students were walking along with them. They wouldn’t understand anyway…

“U-uh?” Dara is confused, but remained smiling. She doesn’t know why she’s happy because Jiyong is mad at her. Geez! I am crazy. She tried her best not to chuckle.

“That Donghae hug you and… and…” he cannot even complete his sentence because of the emotion he’s trying to hide. He’s fuming mad. He’s jelous. He’s… he’s… !

“And you’re jealous?”

“Yes.” He said, trying to look away but in the end, he looked at her and saw that she’s smiling and trying her best not to laugh. “And you are laughing at me.”

“Because you’re cute.” Dara said. She wanted to cup his face and tell him that he’s the only person she likes. “You’re jealous over a person who doesn’t have feelings towards me?”

“I’m not amused.”

“So am I.” Dara said, still smiling. She moves closer to him when they went to hallway 13. The meters away distance was already gone and now they’re inches away from each other. “I like you.”

“I-I know.” Jiyong said, and then looked-away while smiling. The smile on his face isn’t erasable and he’s afraid that Dara might see his blushing face. This is so gay, come on! “I like you too.”

“Then you’re not allowed to get jealous over Donghae because I only like you. I only like Kwon Jiyong. Arraso, oppa?

He silently bit his lower lip and titled his head. He looked at Dara with a lopsided smile. I like her and she likes me back. And I am gay…

 

 

The moment they entered the presidents’ office, both of them heard the laughter of President Yang and the other students. Jiyongs’ eyes widened when he recognize the voice of the man his father is talking with. It can’t be! You can’t do that, father! He looked at Dara who’s confused because she hasn’t heard the president laugh like that since then.

On his mid-step, Jiyong stop walking and frozen. He can recognize it. He can recognize that voice! The tempo of his voice and his laughter. The twang on his Korean accent with Thai accent. No! No!

“Is there any problem Jiyong?” Dara asked, slightly confused. She went closer to Jiyong and asses him for awhile. “Are you alright?”

“I-I’m o-okay.” He tried to convince Dara and himself. He’s afraid. “I-I’m okay Dara.”

“Are you sure?”

“You just arrived on time!” they heard the voice of President Yang and it made Jiyong tremble. “Come, ppali! I want you to meet my son Dara.”

 

Dara, who’s still confuse walked along with President Yang. Right there, she saw the last person she’ll saw in his office and in this country.

“Youngbae!” she exclaimed. “O-Oppa!”

“Did you miss me, Darong-noona?”

 

 

 

 

5 years ago…

 

Dara and their family went to Thailand. It was one of their family trips along with their cousin, Lee Seunghyun. Seungri is with them because he’ll serve as a tour guide to that country because he was raised there when he’s still in elementary.

Dara is very excited because this will be her first time in this country. Often times, their family will go to America and Europe for a vacation. But because her younger brother, Thunder, wants to experience to ride an elephant, their parents decided to be in this country.

 

“Noona! Noona!” her younger brother is keeping on yelping at her on their way to her cousins’ house. “I’m so excited to ride an elephant by myself! I watched at the National Geography that---“

“You cannot ride an elephant on your own Sanghyun.” Mrs. Park said, while laughing to her sons’ stubbornness. “You need to have Thai personnel to assist you.”

“Does elephant eat children? Does the elephant will eat me because I’m fat?” Sanghyun said, not minding the remarks of his mother.

“Elephants don’t eat children because the Gods of Elephants is vegetarian.” Dara joked.

“Jinja? Daebak!” She chuckled upon hearing that her younger brother easily agreed to her. “Then, after meeting an ordinary elephant, I want to meet the God of Elephants.” Sanghyun looked at his noona. “Noona! Noona! I want to meet the God of Elephants! Jebal! Jebal?!”

She smiled at him. “You’ll meet him if you’ll become a very good boy.”

“I am good.” Sanghyun pouted and crossed his arms. “I am good, right eomma? Appa?”

“Neh. Sanghyun is very good.” Both their parents agreed.

 

 

The house of Lee Seunghyuns’ parents was quite big: it was a two-storey house and has a big garden in front. They have a roof-top swimming pool and few expensive cars. When the car stoped, few of the servants went to the car and get their luggages and assist them. Even if Dara is already exposed to this kind of environment, she’s still not used to it.

Seungris’ father is the brother of Daras’ mother. Both of them were polite and strict outside but both of them are funny inside.

“Welcome noona.” Seungris’ father said to welcome them. He hugs Mrs. Park and shook the hands of Daras’ father. “I’m happy you had a time to pay me a visit.”

“We’re here to visit the elephants and not you.” Mrs. Park joked, making Mrs. Lee laughed. “How are you Sora? You’re still sticking-around with my brother uh? Why not file a divorce?”

“Actually, I’m thinking about it.” Sora, the mother of Seungri joked.

 

Meanwhile, Seungri grab Daras’ hand. “Come on noona, ppali!”

“Wae? Where are we heading?” Dara is still holding her brothers’ hand.

“I want you to meet my best friends here.” Seungri exclaimed with enthusiasm. “They’re excited to meet you.”

“Noona? Are we meeting some elephants outside?” Confused yet happy Sanghyun asked.

“Aniyo, Sanghyun.” Dara shook her head and looked at Seungri. “Seungri, I cannot go with you because—“

“Come on Sanghyun, elephants are waiting outside.”

“Jinja? Elephants!”

 

Sanghyun run towards the doors making Dara with no choice but to go with them. And to her surprise, she saw a huge elephant waiting outside. It was manipulated by 2 boys. She saw his brother is looking up with awe on his face. She wanted to laugh because the boys he’s talking to don’t understand him.

Because Sangyun is blabbing…

 

“I’d like you to meet my best friends: T.O.P., GD and Youngbae.”

 

T.O.P. is looking at her with a very serious expression yet she’s not even intimidated with his stares. His eyes are very expressive and she can’t help it but admire his eyes, most especially his eyelashes. She looked at the guy named GD: she cannot see a bit of his face because of his bangs.

 

“Hello, I am Youngbae but I am known as Taeyang.” The guy was in front of her and smiling from ear-to-ear. “But if you cannot remember my name, you can call me mine.”

 

She laughed. Oh boy, her summer vacation will be great.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

I love you T.O.P.! Y.Y Want to watch Tazza 2 but IDK were to watch it with complete English subtitles. Poor fangirl. Y.Y

 

Anyways!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! I passed the one-of-a-hell thesis defense. I’m sorry I didn’t type an update because 1) I’m busy studying and focusing on my thesis 2) I’m too tired to type an update because I haven’t slept since Sunday evening. Y.Y

Well, this is it guys! God bless and enjoy the update everyone! I’m sorry if I made you wait for a long time :>