PART TWO: u n t o l d #3

Nothing Last Forever

 

Nothing in This World

UNTOLD #3

 

Jiyong can’t believe Joong-ki. Who would dare to believe him? He saw them and they’re almost a happy couple. He’s holding her hand, he kissed her and what hurts more is the fact that Dara called her ‘boyfriend’.

“Get out.” He calmly said. As much as he wanted to punch his face, he just can’t. He’s still the alpha and no matter what, he cannot do anything against him. That’s against the bro code they had.

Joong-ki can’t believe that that’s the only thing Jiyong can tell after telling him the truth. “What?”

“I said get out.” He drinks the cup of beer he had in his hands without looking at him. “As what you said, you’re still the alpha and I still respect you. Have a good life Song Joong-ki.”

Joong-ki stands up and moves out of his room. He was now holding the door-knob and once again he looked at Kwon Jiyong. “I know you have doubts about me, about Dara and her feelings for you, but what I said to you is the truth. Jiyong, Dara still loves you, she really do. And I didn’t intend to like her, the way you like—“

“I don’t like her.” Jiyong cut his words out. Because I love her…

“Yeah, because you love her.” Joong-ki said still smiling. He can really read Kwon Jiyong: his favorite chess piece of his game. Now he understands why Jiyong is being loyal towards Dara after all these years. “The human chess game is still on, Jiyong but right now, it’s between you and me. I am playing with you, your feelings and your Queen.”

Jiyong looked at Joong-ki bewildered. He come near him and grabs his shirt collar. If looks could really kill, Joong-ki might be 5 seconds dead already. “Y-You’re still not done with your sick game?” he asked, with gritted teeth.

“Easy, Jiyong, easy.” Joong-ki said, still smiling. He removes Jiyongs’ hands on his collar and fixed it. “I am done playing with you and you won few years ago. Now, I am playing with you because I am Sandaras’ bestfriend and my role in this story is just to make your life a living hell—especially now that you’re here and I am sure you’re here to get her back.”

“Song Joong-ki!” he yelled upon seeing him moving out of his apartment. “Alpha!”

“I won’t give Dara that easy Kwon Jiyong. I won’t give my bestfriend that easy to you…” he said, while waiving his hands as he reaches the elevator. “Oh by the way, I’ll go out with Seungri and TOP tomorrow for kick-boxing. Wanna come?”

 

 

 

Dara woke up the next day with another box of energy in her body. She felt like something good will happen to her this day--- well, I’ve been thinking that way everyday anyway…

She takes a bath and goes to work. She doesn’t usually eat her breakfast since she’s not really hungry. She got her milk from the fridge and go to work. She’s helping her mama out. They have 2 businesses now: the Kimchi Restaurant her mother owns and the Bubble Tea House she owns. Well, Joong-ki and I owns that.

She opened the house gate and rides her bike. That’s her usual routine: go to work, and then go home. She’s not anymore used to going out since she already forgot the idea of going out. She’s afraid that she might see and met those people she doesn’t want to see. She’s been a wallflower since the day she left her family. And now that she mentioned it, she misses them already.

She heard that the Park is now the second richest clan in the country and she’s really proud of it. Her brother, Sanghyun, really did a great job. He’s now entering College but he’s also working in the company.

She opened her shop and even does the cleanings. The stocks were already delivered yesterday so she has no more problems to it. She doesn’t hire any helper since her Bubble Tea Shop is not that big and not that busy. Even the task she’ll be performing is not that easy so she only hire Minzy—their neighbor who’s now in College. It was just a part time job and at least someone will help her in the afternoon.

She was mopping the floor when someone entered the shop. “Annyeo—“

“Unnie!” She yelled at Dara. She looked around and when she found out that no ones around she remove her shades, her bonnet and set aside the pack bag and hug her tightly.

“B-Bom?” she asked. “I thought you’re at Music Bank today?”

Bom rolled her eyes and sat on the couch. She crossed her arms and looked at her cousin. “Those guys! I didn’t win today.”

Dara looked at her cousin then smiled. Even if she left the family, she’s still intact with her cousins Bom and Seungri. Bom become an artist and one of the great singers in Korea. She was happy because her cousin really proved to the family elders that she can do it.

“Hey, at least you give it a try.” She consoles her. She went to the counter and grabs some newly baked cookies she bought before coming to the shop. She went near her and gave her her favorite cookies.

“But I want Triple Crown!” she beam. Bom looked at Dara intently. “Do you think I am not famous anymore? Should I quit the business?”

Dara laughed and threw some tissue in Boms’ face. If her fans will see how I did to her, they might kill me… she thought. “Geez! You’re just being paranoid.”

She stands up and kept on mopping the floor. She can’t believe that after all these years her cousin is still the same even if she got herself in the entertainment industry.

Bom watched Dara and smile. What she really did is the greatest decision she ever made. And she’s happy that after all these years, she’s still contented to what her life is right now. At first she asked her why did her cousin leave and now she understands why—she really loves her freedom. If ever that thing happened to her, she will not know what to do. She loves the pampering lifestyle she had.

“I’m not paranoid. My digital and physical sales slope down to 2% and it’s freaking me out!” Bom ranted. She went to the kitchen counter and made her own bubble tea. She’s been here when she’s on a hiatus stage and she usually drinks some bubble—for free—in exchange for her to sing at the stage or help her.

“2% and you’re acting like your sales were cut to 50%. Geez! Park Bom, how did you do your mathematics way back in highschool?” she joked.

“It’s just that I am scared that the newbies in this industry will… will…”

Dara patted Boms shoulder and smiled to her. “You’re afraid because the company will debut a new girl group? You are Park Bom! And no matter what, you’re still the legendary Rookie of the Year who almost get the awards on Mama! You’re the legendary Park Bom and those newbies will eat a lot of Ice Cream and do some vocal cords testing just to be with your spot, okay? So stop worrying.”

Bom hug her cousin and smiled at her. She’s still the same Sandara Park: the only cousin who will console her insecure heart and the walking abnormal of her life. She smiled at her and said, “I’ll be free for today so I want to have a free jamming session today in this shop.”

Dara smiled. “Sure. I’ll just make sure that I’ll get a lot of money today.”

 

 

 

Daras’ day is great. The shop was very festive because of her cousin Bom. She can’t help it but be happy towards her. She’s very happy to what she’s been doing for the past 4 years. She smiled and continues cleaning some tables. Since the shop got busy, Minzy is here with her. She looked at her and she saw awe in her facial expression as she see Bom in front of everyone. Now she remembers that Minzy likes Bom very much and that Minzy loves to sing.

She signaled Bom to come near her. “I have a request.”

“Sure! Anything for my favorite cousin and best girl-friend.” Bom said enthusiastically. “What is it Dara-unnie?”

Dara smiled at her then look at Minzy. “I want you to make my friends wish come true. Can you have a duet with Minzy?”

Bom smiled and said, “Sure!”

Dara continued arranging the tables and smiled. She saw how Bom said that she wanted to have a duet with Minzy who got very shock. I was smiling at them when everyone cheered Minzy to sing with Bom and saw them singing is really a good sighting.

Dara felt that her phone rang so she went outside and answered it. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Sandara!” he heard Seungri said. “My favorite cousin, how are you?”

Dara smiled thinking about her favorite guy cousin Seungri. “I’m great! Bom is here at my shop and have a little jamming with her fans.”

“Can we go out tonight?” Seungri asked, not minding the glares from Joong-ki and TOP. “H-hey Sandara still there?”

“Where is she?” Joong-ki mouthed. “Is she on her shop?”

“Shut up dude! You’re ruining the plan.” TOP hissed.

Dara momentarily stopped and looked around. She felt like someone is watching her from somewhere. She set aside those thought because it’s very creepy but when he saw the familiar car that is being parked in front, she froze. She keeps on seeing that everyday ever since she got herself this shop. It was tinted so she cannot she if someone is there or none. But she can feel it, someone is inside that car.

“Sandara!” Seungri asked. “Are you still there?”

“Y-yeah.” She answered, still looking at the tinted car. “W-what are you saying by the way?”

“Tss. I’m saying if we can go out tonight. I missed you so much favorite cousin. You can bring Bom is you want.” He said.

“Alright. We’ll just close the shop by 5PM.” She informed them.

“Okay. I’ll just get you and Bom there. Arachi?”

“Neh. Bye.”

 

The phone call ended but she’s still looking at the tinted car not knowing that the person inside that car is Kwon Jiyong who’s looking at her intently. He was starring at her, studying if what Joong-ki told him the other night is true. When Dara entered the shop, she grabs his face mask and opens the car door.

“Chairman Jiyong…” his secretary stopped him. She’s afraid that if Chairman Jiyong gets out, everything he’s been planning will be screwed up. She saw how Chairman Jiyong looked at that girl and she can see how much he was hurt by the mere of looking at her.

“It’s alright Miss Min.” Jiyong said, slightly smiled at her. “I’ll just go and buy some Milk Tea. What flavor do you want anyway?”

“A-ah… an-anything will do sir.”

Jiyong nods and then goes out of the car. “This will not take long.”

Jiyong close the car door and walked slowly towards the shop Dara owns. As he opened the door, the chimes alerted Dara then looked to his way. He can now see her, closely again. She smiled at him and walked toward him. And again, it’s like a SOP his heart is beating fast again.

“Annyeonghaseyo~~” she said. She looked at him and saw recognition on her face. ‘Oh, you’re the guy yesterday right? How are you? Did your girlfriend like the duck?”

Jiyong nod. “Y-yes. You’re the owner of this shop?”

“Yes.”

Jiyong nod. Even if he wanted to hug her and kiss her he just can’t. He’s still waiting for the right time and he knew it’s going too soon. When he’ll see that I deserve her… he thought. “I want your best-seller and strawberries- make it two please.”

Sandara smile. She doesn’t know why even if she’s a little bit awkward to this guy – even if she only met him for the second time -- her heart is still happy seeing him. As if her heart recognizes the owner of that eyes. “Fo-for your girlfriend?”

“Yes, she’s in the car.” Jiyong lied. She’s infront of me…

Dara doesn’t know why she’s a bit sad knowing that he has a girlfriend. She’s a bit disappointed.  Stupid! You’re just acting and feeling that way because they have the same eyes! She thought.

She went back to the counter and saw Bom there, smiling at her. “Who’s that guy? Do you know him?”

“Nope. I forgot to ask his name and hey, he has a girlfriend.”

Bom laughed but looked at him. “He looks familiar to me.” She honestly said. “Don’t you think?”

“He has the same eyes as him…” She said, she looked at him only to find out that he’s also looking at her. But as she looked at Bom, she’s now smiling. Right, he’s not looking at me but to this girl beside me. Pch. I’m just a normal--- Wait! Why am I even thinking about this? Geez!

“I’ll ask his name.”

“W-wait!”

But Bom got to him. She doesn’t know why she’s afraid that that guy will like Bom. She felt Bom as a threat and she doesn’t feel that way. For God sake that guy has a girlfriend and she doesn’t even know his name! She just made his order and after that, she went to his table. She saw that Bom and that hguy is now seriously talking. As she approaches them, Bom immediately rose.

“H-hey where are you going?” she asked. Bom walked and grabs her bag.

“I-I have to g-go.” Bom said, nervously. She looked at Dara and to Jiyong. She still can’t believe that the Knights didn’t tell her about this. Those bastards! Argh! She was shock upon seeing him and more shock since he’s been here for long now. “I have an urgent meeting.”

“But Seungri asked us out later.” Dara said.

“Just call me where are you heading and I’ll just go there later.”

“B-But--!”

Bom got out and texted her driver. Dara just shrug and put the milk tea on his table. “I’m sorry if my cousin is talking at you without giving notice.”

“No it’s okay. She’s blabbing and I enjoyed talking to her.”

Dara can see that his eyes were glowing and she doesn’t know why her heart sank upon seeing it. She felt like he’s Jiyong and she’s jealous because he enjoyed talking to her cousin! Geeez! That’s very unjust! I don’t even know his name for Christ sake!

“S-so—“

“C-can I ask you something?” Jiyong asked nervously. He doesn’t know why he’s being nervous again. Alright, I am nervous because she’s Sandara—the keeper of my heart.

“Y-yes?” Sandara is also nervous and she doesn’t know why. Is he going to ask my number? My name? Or is he going to ask me out? She thought but then reality hit her—he has a girlfriend.

“A-ahm… Do you have tissue?” Jiyong said and he was very disappointed to his actions. ! Tissue? Of all things? Tissue?!

T-Tissue?” Dara repeated. Oh God, why am I even disappointed? “O-Okay I’ll just get some.”

Dara went back to the counter to get some tissue. She holds her cheeks and let out a deep breath. “He has a girlfriend Sandara. Calm down, he’s not Jiyong…” but a part of her is saying that he is Jiyong: his eyes, the way he look at her. It is same like her Kwon Jiyong.

She went back to his chair and saw him, starring at her. As she approached him, he saw a glimpse of him and she was shock upon realizing the same mole on the other side of his face…

 

“What was that?” Dara asked Jiyong while heading towards the library. “Did you draw something on you face?”

“H-huh? Where?”

Dara went closer and touched Jiyongs’ mole. “Is this a mole?”

“Yep, a heart shape mole.”

“Wow! That’s cool!”

 

 

Dara stared at it and unconsciously touched it. “Y-You even have the same mole.”

Jiyong stands up and leave. Dara was shock because she thought he offended him by merely touching his face. She doesn’t know why that Jiyong stands up just to calm his heart. It was beating fast and he cannot deny the fact that he’s afraid she’ll find out that he’s Kwon Jiyong. It’s not the time yet…

Dara was shock but then again she can’t do anything about it. She was about to fix the table when she saw he left his phone. She looked at him but he was gone. She’s afraid that this phone is very important since he looks like a very important person. She holds it and arranges the table. She’ll just wait him to come back and claim his phone. But when he was now at the counter when it rang.

She cannot do anything but to answer the phone. “Y-yeoboseyo…?” No ones answering so she asked again. “Y-yeoboseyo?”

She heard someone took a deep breath. “Your voice sounds a lullaby…”

“H-Hello? Are you the owner of this phone? Y-you left this and I—“

“I left it because I want to contact you.” Jiyong said, while holding his breath. I can’t believe I‘m being high school again.

“W-what?”

“I-I like you… please, d-date me…”