Chapter Thirteen

Nothing Last Forever

The moment she entered the room, an awkward silence fill and the gaze of her classmates filled her system. Am I that pitiable? She can’t help it but asked. I am not the top-performing student anymore. The loss of something that had been so important to her was like a dark shadow creeping over everything else. It had been like that the moment she walk and sit on her chair. Twenty kinds of awkward silence, eh?

She knew that she got herself into trouble. Cutting-classes and let go of the most important spot in Sequel University is the biggest mistake she ever did. And now, she must face the consequences.

All the plans. The goals. The hopes. The future. All gone.

Donghae entered the room and run towards her the moment he saw her. He hurriedly hugged her tightly making her teary eyed. “Where have you been?” he asked, concern is very evident to his voice. He cupped her face and certainly remembering every inch of Daras’ face. “I’ve been looking for you since first period.”

She plasters a very fake smile and looked-down. The way Donghae looked at her made her feel important and at the same time, intimidate. She knew they were already engaged and in few months time, whether she like it or not, she’ll marry this concern guy in front of her. “I’m sorry if I ran away.” I mumbled, trying to grasp the idea about everything. “I-I just wanted to be alone for awhile.”

Donghae lifted his hand and trace it towards her face. “Everything’s going to be alright. Arraso?” he gave her a assuring smile.

Her nod says as a sign of approval. Thought she knew herself that she’s not capable of  getting herself to the top again- that easily- she will try her best to get back to where she really belong. Then she noticed that everybody is looking at them- to her and Donghae. She also noticed the weird look Seungri is giving her. What’s his problem?

Their attentions were caught when their teacher made an awkward sound. She blushed and practically, sits down. The teacher gave her an assuring smile and said, “Since Sandara Park is already here, I do hope Mr. Lee Donghae will sit down now from now on.”

“Yes sir.” Donghae answered, and then sit down next to her.

“I wouldn’t ask your whereabouts Ms. Park but next time, if you’ll ditch my class, you’ll see yourself in the detention. Okay?” he asked, giving her a threatening and at the same time, comforting look. “Anyways, the President, Mr. Yang, made a decision awhile ago knowing that…” he paused for awhile, giving Dara an awkward smile, “err, our top-performing student isn’t Sandara Park anymore.”

Seungri looked at his cousin with full of concern. That’s the reason why he wanted to talk to her first. He doesn’t want their teacher will tell her. He knew that Dara will feel like she’s been betrayed and worse, she’ll get mad at him for not telling her awhile ago.

Meanwhile, Sandara was taken aback. The way their teacher say those words, it’s as if it’s just easy for her. She told her those words as if she just told her that her uniform looks good to her. As if those words she utter weren’t like a bomb to her system

“Well, let me call our 2 new students. Mr. Kwon Jiyong, our new top-performing student and Mr. Choi Seunghyun, our top-5.”

 

As soon as the two new students entered the classroom of the class-1A fourth year, both of them felt the awkward and at the same time, unwelcoming stares from the other students. Almost all of the students of the class-A knew about the 2 new students in their class: both of them came from the Nobi Society.

Jiyong noticed a mocking look from one of his new classmate. He saw how that guy smirked at him. He just looked at him, like he’s not even intimidated, and smirked at him. He saw how that guy was taken aback to what he did. How could this Noye smirk at me like that? The guy from class-1A said.

Seunghyun, on the other hand, looked at the specific pair of eye who sits next to a cute girl. Lee Donghae, he utters his name as if he knew him for so long. He saw how that guy flirted to that girl and how that girl flirted back to him, making her mood sour. He’s happy that their protest and hard work for being a Noye for almost 3 years paid of: the school is now mellowing their own rules and they’re now listening to their (Noyes) voices.

 

“Please give them the respect they deserve.” The teacher said towards Seunghyun and Jiyong. “After all, these students in front of you belongs to the higher class and even if you’re now classmates, you still don’t have the rights to—“

“I’m Kwon Jiyong.” Jiyong cut his teachers words and gave his classmates a slight bow. These creatures don’t deserve even a single respect from me…

The teacher just tsk-ed and gave Seunghyun a look. Seunghyun slightly bow-down his head and with a serious face, he looked at his new classmates. “I’m Choi Seunghyun.”

“Since the president wanted to make an experiment to this batch, he said that those persons’ who cannot maintain their class standings will be replaced. Since these two guys here were from the Nobi Society, the bottom two from this section will be replaced by them and they will transfer to class-2A.”

 

 

The first thing that comes to Daras’ mind is: What the heck! As she saw Jiyong slightly smiled at her in front of everybody, she felt like she was in a maze. Everything seems… odd. Maybe I should ask Uncle Yang later… she said toward herself.

The teacher asked the two new students to find their places. She immediately looked for the vacant seat and saw that the only vacant is the place were her former classmates- now belongs to class-B- and it is located near her. At her back.

Jiyong together with Seunghyun, silently walked towards the vacant seat. Both of them thanked that they sill sit with each other since both of them don’t want to be accompanied by random persons’ of this class. This class has a very unusual ambiance… Seunghyun said.

The class started and both of them listen to the teachers intently…

 

 

 

The school ended earlier than the usual since the school is now preparing for their school annual festival. Being a University-type of school, the school festival is participated by elementary, high school and even with their school college students. The student council is very busy with the preparations while the class presidents were giving instructions to their classmates.

Dara almost forgot that she’s still the classroom president. I thought being the classroom president is also gone… She saw Chaerin walked towards her. She’s not giving her a look and she can see that she’s afraid to look at her since her cousin, Seungri, gave her a s stupid persona non grata s. I should talk to Seungri later.

“Annually our school prepares for a very special day: our school festival as well as our school foundation.” Chaerin stated. She cannot concentrate well since she’s in front of their classmates together with Dara. Also, he’s giving her that strange look again. Oh god, don’t look at me like that! “A-as what the class presidents agreed from other class, every section should prepare for an intermission number and a booth. And our classroom representative got the Jail booth.”

“Another rule set by the student council is that, we should sell our booth and get a huge amount.” Dara stated.

“Eh? Why?” her classmate asked. “Where will the proceeds go after?”

“The proceeds will go to the classroom development of the schools outside Seoul District and President Yang told me that.” Murmurs filled the corners’ of the classroom: some agreed some ranted. But they cannot voice it out since the President of the school already made his decision. “No other questions? Then, meeting adjourns.”

 

 

For Dara, this day seems the very exhausting day of her life. Many revelations revealed and for her, her body isn’t the only part of her that was exhausted. I’m physically and mentally tired… she thought.

She silently walked towards the school gate: alone. She wanted to be alone, not to feel pity towards herself but to think. Everything seems different and the pacing of her life is very fast. When she’s heading towards the school parking, she felt a strange hand grabbed her arm that made her stop.

“I’ve been calling out for your name and you didn’t even give me a glance.”

There she saw Donghae is looking at her intently. She gave him an apologetic smile. “I-I’m sorry. I’m still pre-occupied.”

“Still that thing bugs you?” he asked. She silently nods, not wanting to plaster the hurt expression. “Come.”

He motioned her to come and when she’s already near him, he hugged her tightly. Dara gasped and momentarily tensed but then she felt her muscles relaxed. The warm hug from Donghae gave Dara an assurance. If I fall for Donghae, mom will be happy and accept me…

“Everything’s’ gonna be alright. Okay?” he said.

“Y-yeah.” She said.

He then released her and pinched her cheeks. “I don’t want to see you cry.” Then he kissed her cheeks making her face flushed to red. I cannot feel that bathum-bathum feeling anymore…

 

Both Donghae and Dara have no idea that Kwon Jiyong, together with Choi Seunghyun saw that scene. Jiyong tightened his grip on his backpack and formed a weak smile. Yeah, after all, it’s still Donghae at the end of the day….

 

 

From the other side of the school, he saw what was happening towards Sandara Park, Lee Donghae and Kwon Jiyong. And the way his lips twitch upwards, he is satisfied to what he is seeing right now. The pained eyes of his Kwon Jiyong, the uncertain expression of Sandara Park and the grateful smile on Lee Donghaes’ face.

 

The pieces of his human chess…

The 2 King.

The Queen.

And the pawns around them…

 

“Everything is falling to its places, right? The subject is near to the prey and the chase is about to start.” He mumbled.

“Thank you for helping me—“

“Oh, it’s my pleasure master.”

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Next chapter will be the REAL REVELATION: about Dara and of course, bebe-Jiyong. AND ABOUT WHO THE HELL IS THIS CREEPY LAST PARAGRAPH OWNER (Whatever) Hihi XD

Can’t promise that I can make an update tomorrow night because I am currently proof-reading our thesis and… finishing manuals for my specialization.

I also put some replies to your comments. (Not a SNOB creature here.)  AND BTW HEY, HELLO NEW BABY SUBBIES! Care to share your thoughts? COMMENT BOX is free for you to use :>