Chapter Four

Nothing Last Forever

The thought of marrying Lee Donghae is bugging Dara while finishing her meal. Her mom left them as soon as she finished her meal and immediately went to the study for her work. It made her dumbfounded with her last remark, “Marry him. That’s the least thing you can do to have a purpose in life…”  She sardonically smiled to what her mom said and drinks the glass of water, making it empty as soon as she placed it on the table. She can’t do anything to change her moms’ decision. Even her dad can’t help her. She sighed, The lest thing she can do to have a purpose in life…

Everybody thought that her life is as perfect as the princesses in fairytales: perfect family, perfect girl, beauty and brains, surrounded with wealth and power, and perfect life. Well, life is not like a fairytale. There’s no thing such as ‘perfect’ because humans’ were created perfectly imperfect.

Dara glance up as her father cleared his throat. When their eyes met, an unfathomable reaction is written on her face. She loves’ his dad, so much. She tried her best not to shed a tear, to tell her dad that she’s okay, though she’s not.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll try my best to change her thoughts Dara.” He said, still giving his daughter a pitiful look. It was his fault all this time. The reason why his wife was like that to his daughter.

“I-It’s okay appa.” She smiled a bittersweet smile to stop herself from sobbing. “I…I understand eomma for being like that towards me. I am a—“

“Sandara Park!” her dad hissed. She jump off a bit on her chair because of her father’s all of a sudden outburst. Her dad never shouts at her. “You are not like that! You will never be like that!”

She kept her head down, not giving a shot to look at her dad. She sighed and managed to smile to mask the pain. “I and Lee Donghae were cool. Maybe we can try it dad.”

“Dara...” her dad mumbled. “You don’t have to do this.”

“It’s okay dad. I like Lee Donghae and maybe, we… I can learn to love him if… if we’ll get married soon.” She said, trying her best to be as enthusiastic as she can. “I have to go, I’ll be early for school tomorrow.”

 

Mr. Park felt guilty and at the same time bemoan to his daughter. He saw how the glow of her eyes disappears as his wife announced that she’ll marry the youngest son of the CEO of Lee Advertising Inc. - unannounced. Their company is not in crisis. Her wife is planning to venture to Lee Advertising to advertise their new branch in Japan and Malaysia. To him, letting his daughter marry someone is beyond the line. His daughter is not a property to be sold.

He went to the study and saw his wife busy with her phone. She’s probably talking to some business clients’. He sighed to what he’s seeing right now. His wife is not like this. Thought it’s true that she marry him for business purposes because their company is on the crisis at that time, he didn’t thought about it. He loves her wife and he knew she feels the same way.

As soon as she’s finished with the last phone call, she faced him and shrugs. “If you’re planning to convince me hon, then my answer is a no.” she said, in between sigh. “I know you love Dara as much as I love her but please, understand me first.”

“All my life I am understanding you hon.” Mr. Park said. “Just… just don’t let Daras’ future be—“

“It’s for her for Gods’ sake! I’m just doing this to secure her future!”

Mr. Park smiled, bitterly. “She doesn’t like that man. She can’t marry him without feelings for him! I know, their relationship will fail afterwards.”

Mrs. Park sighed. “I’m giving her the whole school year to like Lee Donghae. After graduation, she has to marry Lee Donghae whether she likes it or not.”

 

 

 

 

The hallway is still clear when Sandara Park arrived at their school. She’s 2 hours early that the usual call time for Class 1-A students and she knew it’s a form of special treatment. She wanted to escape the guilty-look her father keeps on giving her. She’s not dying and after all, if and only if, she’ll marry Lee Donghae he is a good catch. He’s nice and they’re comfortable with each other. Though she can’t see herself marrying him in few years time, she’s not closing her doors for him. I just hope he has no girlfriend as of the moment… she thought.

She saw that the building of the Nobi Society is very crowded. It’s still 7 AM but the crowd is very alive- she saw a lot of students laughing at each other. She can’t help it but walk towards the bridge connecting the building of Class A, Class B and the Noyes’. As soon as she’s infront of the gate of the Nobi Society building, she was approached by the civil guard of the building.

 

“You’re not a Noye and you’re wearing an Orange badge. What are you doing here?” the civil guard asked.

She looked at her badge: she’s wearing an orange badge symbolizes that she’s from the Class A. Class B has a yellow badge while the Noyes’ from Nobi Society wears blue badges.

 

“I’m visiting my Noye here.” She mumbled, trying to hide the fear she felt. “I’m Sandara Park, from Class 1A.”

The guard scanned her badge and saw that she’s telling him the truth. “For safety purposes, please do hide your badge color.”

“Why?”

Noyes’ here are mad to some masters they had and practically, they are generalizing it.”

Dara can’t help but nod in response. She hides the badge she’s wearing and put it on her side pocket. She’s afraid of the outrage of anger by the Noyes’. “How can I find my Noye here? I don’t know what section he’s from and all I know is his name.”

“What’s his name?”

“Kwon Jiyong.” She responds. She saw that the civil guard is typing on the screen and glance at her.

“Kwon Jiyong is from Class 3-A. Third floor the first door from the elevator.”

“Thank you ahjussi.” She said, and then slightly bowed. The civil guard was quite shocked because an upper-class member bowed to him. Almost the entire student from upper-class was too full of themselves.

 

Dara slowly walked towards the elevator then clicked the 3rd floor button. They are in the fifth floor where the faculty of the Nobi Society stays. She can’t help it but compare the building of the Nobi Society from there building. They have 6 elevators in class A with elevator operator while here; they only have one with no operator. Good thing that the elevator is still on good terms and still functions well. She’s afraid that the elevator might collapse in no time.

When she reached the 3rd floor, she saw the large crowd of Noyes’ chatting at the hallway.

 

Sequel University Rule Number 12:

Students’ must not stay on the hallway.

 

She can’t help it but smile. The students’ here are not following any rules! She thought. She walked towards the girls chatting enthusiastically.  She can hear their giggles. As soon as she approached them, they looked at her from head to foot. She was taken aback to what they did and smiled, awkwardly.

“Hello.” She mumbled and suppresses a smile.

“You’re new here?” a girl with very small eyes asked her. She’s small and she’s cute- making her look like an angel. But the way she acts is not cute or makes her cute. Oh God, looks can really be deceiving. She scanned at her ID pin and only saw her name, Taeyeon, because her long hair is covering it.

Y-yes. I-I mean, n-no.” she scrambled the thought. “I-I mean, I’m just new here and I am looking for my Noye—I mean, my friend, Kwon Jiyong. You know his classroom?”

“GD is still not here.” The girl with a very long hair said.

“Hey, what’s your name?”

“Ahm…” Dara mumbled. She can’t tell her name, not to a Noye. She knew, after she’ll tell them her name they’ll end up killing her. And she’s not into that.

“Whatever. What’s the meaning of your shoes initials?”

She glances to her shoes. It has an initial of AM. Alexander McQueen. Can they identify this brand?

“It’s Alexander McQueen.” She said.

“Is that even famous?” one of the girls said. “I haven’t heard of that shoe brand.”

 

“Oh, he’s here! GD!”

 

She looked back and saw Jiyong walking towards them. He’s wearing his school uniform coolly; two buttons were slightly open making her see the white shirt beneath it. As soon as their eyes met, he saw a shocked expression on his face. He immediately walked towards them and holds her hand. All she knew is that GD is dragging her towards their classroom.

 

“What are you doing here?!” he asked, darkly. Anguish, shocked, happy, afraid, sardonic—she really doesn’t know what’s the meaning of the looks GD is giving her.

“I-I want to see you.” She mumbled, in lost of thoughts. “The hallway is still empty on our building—“

 

GD holds and pull her towards his body. They’re too close, and she’s afraid because her personal space is being invaded. With a wide eyes, GD whispers on her ear. “You shouldn’t be here and you shouldn’t mention that you’re from… from the class you belong.”

She nods still eyes wide open, trying to digest his words. “I-I’m sorry if I invade you here. I’m just… I’m just.” She sighed. “I’m just curious about your place.”

 

GD on the other hand is quite shock to what he just do. He’s not that impulsive, getting too close to someone he barely knows, when it comes to other people. What are you doing to me? He thought. He let go of his mouth and stare at her. Sandara Park…

 

The whole class of 3A was shocked because of what they saw. GDs’ reputation is a cold-hearted guy who very silent.

“Is she his girlfriend?” one of GDs’ classmates said.

 

“No!” Dara mumbled.

“Yes.” GD said.

“What?!!”

 

And they only heard the loud gasp and loud cheer from GDs’ classmate. Dara looked at GD with a shocked, bewildered and astonished facial expression. She can deny it but she’s out of words. GDs’ classmates run towards her and asked her few things.

GD grabs her hands and run towards the empty classroom. He released her hands as soon as they’re already alone in the classroom.

 

“Go back to your building.” He said, darkly. “It’s dangerous for you to stay here Dara. Do you understand me?”

“It’s still early GD and our classroom is still empty---”

“Then, why they hell are you here?!” he beamed, not even realizing that he’s fussing mad at her. “You shouldn’t be here. This is not the place where you belong!”

“Why are you yelling at me?!” she can’t help it but shout at him too. “I just want to know how Noyes’ classes are done.”

 

She cried, because it’s the first time someone yelled at her. GD, on the other hand, is still shocked because someone is crying infront of him. He’s not used to it and the last thing he wants to see is someone crying infront of him. He doesn’t know what to do. He slowly went closer to Dara who’s now sobbing. “H-hey, don’t cry…”

“Please, don’t shout at me. I’m… I’m not used to that.” She said, in between sobs. “I hate it when someone is shouting at me.”

Unconsciously, GD wrapped his arms on Daras’ hair and slowly, pulls her closer to him. Suddenly, he has the urge to protect this girl in his arms. “Hush… I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

GD went towards the elevator infront of the building of Dara. His class is about to start but he ditched just to walk Dara towards the elevator gate of the Class A building.

“Please, don’t do that again.”

“What?”

“Comng to our building without giving me a short notice.” GD said. “If something happened to you, I don’t know what will happen next.”

“Sweet GD,” Dara said, while blushing. “Well, at least now I know where’s your classroom is.”

“Please do call me first before you’ll go there.” GD said, giving her his number. “Don’t do that again. Your one hell lucky because those girls didn’t noticed that you’re not from Class A.”

“Okay,” she said. “Thank you Jiyong.”

“You always welcome, Dara. Master.”

 

Parting ways, they both smiled as the head towards their respective building.

 

As soon as Dara sat on her respective chair, she felt that her phone vibrated. An unknown number is registered.

Yeobosseo?” she mumbled.

“Dara…” It’s GD! “You’re on your classroom now?”

“Y-yes.” She said, with a little stutter. “H-how about you?”

“Our class is about to start I just called to….” He said.

“To?” she asked. What?

“To say that I’m really sorry if I yelled at you awhile ago.” He said in a very low tone. “I’m just scared that others’ might noticed that you’re not really from Nobi Society.”

“I’m sorry if I am very impulsive too.” Dara mumbled. Then silence came.

“O-okay. Gotta go now.”

“Okay.”

 

The phone call ends. She can’t help it but smile. “What’s with the smile Dara?” Chaerin asked, “You look weird.”

“I am weird.” She answered, shortly. “I am always weird Chaerin.”

“Yeah, I forgot.” She chuckled then sat on her chair.

 

 

Meanwhile, the three girls from Nobi Society are silently surfing thru the internet when one of them gasps in shock.

“The girl earlier wears a very expensive shoe!”

“H-huh?”

“Alexander McQueen is a very expensive shoe! My gosh, who is she? Where is she?”

“Maybe she got it from a garage sale.” One of the girls said.

“Yeah right.”

“But it looks like new!”

“Duuh!~~ Garage sales booth don’t sell ugly stuffs.”

“Ah, o-okay.” She mumbled. “She looks familiar.”

“Whatever.” Then, the two other girls left her.

“She really looks familiar…” she mumbled.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update. Share your thoughts guys! :]