Chapter Sixteen

Nothing Last Forever

Sandara woke up the next morning with a slight headache. With a fuzzy hair and clouded mind, she stares at the ceiling and reminisce the scene that bugs her. Why did he kiss me?  She asked. A part of her wanted to cry for the fact that she become a very cheap girl who let someone, that is not her boyfriend, kisses her. A part of her wanted to suppress a smile.

“I’m becoming lunatic…”

She went to the CR and takes a bath.  A hot bath for a cold morning… While having a bath, she tried to be as logical as she can. She tried to explain Jiyongs’ actions yesterday. And at the end, a lot of questions are bugging her. Why did he do that? Why did he kiss me?

Unconsciously, her hand touched her lips. She’d never kiss someone else before other than her family. And she only kisses them on the cheeks. A smile suppresses on her beautiful face and she doesn’t know why. She must be fuming mad right now since a stranger kissed her. But why am I even delightful?

“You’re really like a conundrum Jiyong…”

The way he describes himself, it is really confusing.

 

I am a very rich kid, from a well-known family. I came from South Korea.

I came from a slavish family. I came from Thailand.

I came from the class-A. I came from the Nobi Society.

 

What is he talking about? What is the meaning of that?

After a long silence, she heard a knock coming from outside. “Lady Park, your mother is waiting for you at the garden.”

“I thought she’s already at her office?” she asked, confused why her mother is still here.

“Your mother would like to discuss something about the annual dance tomorrow.”

She nods. “Okay, I’m coming.”

She immediately stands up and gets dress. The moment she’s finished she brush her hair softly while looking at the reflection on the mirror.  Everybody would think that she’s the luckiest person in the society having a very rich family and a beautiful face. But no one knows that beyond those glamour and smiles is a very sad truth that she’s keeping to herself. I am not one of those people in this society… I don’t belong here…

She went down and went immediately to the garden. There she saw her mom with her phone on her right ear and well, talking to her clients about business. She silently waits for her to finish talking to her client. She took a sip of her glass of milk and sigh.

“The designer is coming here.” Her mother informed her as soon as she’s finished with her client. She sat down in front of her and scans the newspaper in front.

 

HEADLINES: The mystery son of CEO of Yang Corporations. Is he here to take-over the company?

The sudden arrival of the CEO of Yang Corporations Mr. Yang Hyun Suk son is like a wildfire spreading in the society. The mystery son is spotted at Incheon Airport along with his rumor girlfriend…

 

“But the dance is tomorrow. Don’t you think they can make it?” she nervously asked.

“I hired and paid the most talented designer in our country Dara. You don’t have to worry about your dress.” Her mother mumbled. “If they can’t make it tonight, I’ll file a lawsuit for not meeting the deadline. Arraso?

Simple as 1,2,3… she thought. She can’t do anything but nod. What her mother want, what her mother get.

As soon as the designer arrived, they immediately get her statistics and move out. After that, she’s done. She went back to her room and dialed Seungris’ number. But she can’t reach him. Seungri is really busy even though the ball is catered by the school. Or maybe he’s out there finding the best suit…

She dialed Donghaes’ number and luckily it rang. “Hello?”

“Hey, Dara!” Donghae said, with enthusiasm. She can’t help it but smile. Donghae is her soulmate, no doubt. But what about Jiyong? Do you like him? The stubborn voice inside her head asked. Oh, forget about it. Denial queen.

“Hey, are you ready for the ball?” she asked.

“Of course. I wouldn’t miss this chance of being your partner.” Donghae said on the other line. “You? Are you ready for the party?”

“Well, partly. My mother already hire a designer for my gown tomorrow.”

“That’s great. W-well, see you tomorrow?”

“Okay. Bye.”

“Bye.”

As soon as the phone call ended, Donghae sighed. I’m sorry Dara… “Get out of here Bom.” Donghae said, “You’re getting thru my nerve.”

“Getting thru your nerve or getting inside your pants?” Bom said, teasingly, as she traces her delicate hands to Donghaes’ broad shoulder. She smiled as she saw how Donghae gasp for an air. See? I do have an effect on you.

“Come on, get out.” Donghae said, trying to relax himself. She’s really a . “I don’t want you to be caught by my parents.”

“Caring for me? Aww, that’s so sweet of you Donghae.” Bom crawled and trapped Donghae in between her legs. Gotcha!

“I’m not caring for you Bom. And I’m not sweet towards you.” Donghae said sardonically. He’s afraid that with the slight move he will create might lead to something… not advisable. “And in the very first place, I don’t like you.”

Bom giggled and lean forward. She touched Donghaes’ hardness and smiled. “You don’t like me ah? Then, what’s the meaning of this?”

“This .”

“Come on. My cousin won’t know about this.” Bom said, and then whispered in his ear, “Not even a soul.”

“You’ll pay for teasing me…”

Then, the room is filled with moans…

 

 

 

The following day, everybody is busy. Sandara is busy… or maybe not. She’s just watching Discovery Channel when she heard a knock. “Come in.”

She saw her cousin Bom entered the room with a smile on her face. Dara is quite confused to what her cousin is doing. She must be very busy since she’s the annual dance queen last year- every year they’ll crown one- and she must be as beautiful as she was like then. “Hey…”

“Can I come in?” Bom asked. “You know, I am y last time and… yeah.”

“S-sure.” Dara said, uncertain to her decision. “Why, why are you here anyways?”

“I just want to share something… a top secret.” Bom said, teasingly.

“Top secret?” Dara asked, curiously. “What is it?”

“What if…”

“What if..?”

“The person whom you trust is keeping a secret.”

“H-huh?”

“The person whom you consider a friend… or maybe not, is lying to you.”

“I-I don’t understand Bom.” Dara said, confusion is evident on her face. “Would you mind say it to me directly.”

Bom smiled to her, an angelic smile and then walk away. “Don’t just give your trust right away Dara.  Sometimes, those persons who plaster a very rough attitude towards you were the ones who really care and those who… whom you trust right now aren’t really trustable. Or even likable.”

She was confused. What is Bom talking about? Maybe she’s having a nervous break-down. As soon as Bom went outside, Dara focused herself again and switch channels.

 

 

The hall is filled with glamorous people. The annual dance is held at the most expensive hotel in the country. Some girls look stunning in their evening black gown. This year’s theme is a masquerade and black and white. Both girls and boys wears mask to hinder others identity but as soon as the clock strikes 12, everyone must reveal themselves.

Dara is walking slowly since her heels are too high –about 5 inches- and she’s not really used to it. She wears a very elegant white dress that is very well fit on her body. It has a sweetheart neckline with an illusion hem chapel length train. A chic cap sleeve mermaid cut lace Victorian style. She cannot identify those people who walk along with her. The only thing that matters to her right now is to find a chair so that she can sit for the whole time. I’m not into this thing…

The moment she entered the room, she was filled with awe as she roam her gaze to it. It was… beyond beautiful. She cannot fathom the right words to describe the room: it was filled with chandeliers and elegant people. She walked slowly sit to the nearest empty table she spotted. She wanted to socialize with others yet the tables were already filled or if aren’t, it was already reserved for their friends.

She silently fills the empty chair, hoping that someone might sit along with her and have a chit chat. A part of her wanted to call Donghae to accompany her but the rule of the school- which most of them abide- is to acquaint with other people, especially strangers. She noticed that the tables were almost filled.

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the annual Dance of Sequel University.” The emcee said and as if on cue, everybody clap their hands. She can recognize him as teacher Min. “Please settle down and relax. The night is just getting started and I can see that all of you looked beautiful with your gown and handsome with your tux.

Please be reminded that everyone must not reveal their identity not until the clock strikes at 12 Midnight. The only thing you can say about you identity is the class were you belong: if you’re a class-A, class-B or from Nobi Society…”

“Hi beautiful Lady. Can I sit here?”

Daras’ stare focused to the person who asked and smile. “Sure. This table is empty.” The guy, wearing a black suite sits besides her. She gave him an assuring smile. “You’re from?”

“I cannot really tell what class I came from but I know what class you’re from.”

“E-Excuse me?”

“You’re from class-A, right?” he said, with a teasing smile that made Dara nervous. How did he know that? “And you’re Sandara Park.”

“How did you—“

“Of course! I know who you are.”

“B-But—“

“You used to call me Thunder. Right, noona?!

Dara gasp and squeal. “Sanghyun!”

“Shhh! The party is just getting started and I want to have a harmonious Dance Ball.” He said while winking at her.

 

 

 

A/N:

AFF is not functioning last night and IDK why. So, I am posting this story before going to school. I’m sorry if it did happen.

Anyways, I am extending the story. I repeat, I am extending the story. Arraso? Don’t give me PMS’ that will irritate me and might lead to another deleted account. I’m so tired of reading hate messages about how horrible I am for making this story short. Argh! So the story might have 30 Chapters ONLY or to be extended to 35-40. Not anymore 20. Thanks.

PS. I’m not on the mood due to those PMS’ I recently read. To the account owners: you all we’re already blocked. Thanks for reading this fanfic though~~