Chapter Nineteen

Nothing Last Forever

It was an awkward yet heart warming feeling the moment their hands clasp and their fingers intertwined. They stopped dancing and just stare at each others’ face. It was a fulfilling feeling: saying the same words you said and hearing it from the person you like. It was beyond Nirvana- if there’s such thing as that. They’re just sitting at the floor, still their hands holding each others’ hands, and just stare at the sky. The sky is full of stars that made the night bright.

Dara felt the sudden discomfort for her side since her gown is really huge. She tried to move but the gown felt like it was glued at the floor and she cannot move even a single part of her body. “J-Jiyong.”

“Hmmm?” Jiyong said, without looking at her. He love watching the stars at night, most especially when he’s still at Thailand. The weather in Thailand is not the same here at Korea since that country is a tropical one.

“I’m uncomfortable with my gown.” Dara mumbled. “Can we stand-up for awhile?” Jiyong stand-up and handed his hand to Dara. Dara accepted his hand freely and smile at him. “Thank you.”

Jiyong smiled back and stare at the sky. “I was born and raised at Thailand by my mother.” He said, trying to remember the best memories of his childhood. Dara looked at Jiyong with awe. She never imagines that Jiyong will share about his life before coming to Sequel University. “I love watching the sky with my brothers’. And we always get caught because we end up sleeping at our roof.”

She suppresses a smile. She felt a pang of envy because of Jiyongs’ childhood. She can feel that his childhood is great. “My childhood is not as great as yours. I am not allowed to go out since I’m an only child and my parents are over-protective. Every time I go out and try to play with other girls, I was surrounded by body guards making the girls playing at the playground afraid of me. I was surrounded with lots of dolls, very beautiful dolls that came from the different parts of the world.” She smile at the thought, “On the other hand, I got a friend. His name is Deasung, he’s the son of our Security Head and he’s the only child I can play with during my childhood days. Our age bracket isn’t the same but I can feel that he really like playing with me during those days.”

Jiyong smiled. Both of them came from different family and have different experiences in life. But what brought us together is Donghae… he thought. He wouldn’t mind telling Dara that the person she’s engage with is the same person he wanted to kill. But in the end, he shut his mouth and forgets about the mission and Donghae.

“By chance, do… do you have feelings for Donghae?” Jiyong asked. “I mean, you said you like me and you and Donghae seems close to each other.”

Dara looked at him, “Liking someone is different from falling for someone else.” Jiyongs’ grin widened so as Dara. “I like Donghae because he’s very nice at me.”

“But you’re falling for me…” Jiyong stated masterly fact. For him, the moment Dara said those words is beyond Nirvana. “You’re falling for me.”

“Y-yeah.” She said, trying to act like a cool girl. Her heart is pounding really heart yet she’s at ease with that feeling. If this is not love, then what is this?

”I love eating apples.” Jiyong said. “They are red.”

“I love eating chicken. ‘Coz they are chicken.” Dara joked. “When my family went to the Philippines, we ate a very tasty chicken from a local fast-food chain.”

“You eat in a fast-food chain?” Jiyong asked. He can’t believe that a well-known family in their country eats in a fast-food chain.

“Yep. Me and my brother wanted to meet Jollibee so we eat their. Jollibee is the name of the fast-food chain and he’s a very cute bee. We eat a lot of food their: spaghetti, chicken joy, burger and fries. And indeed, the chicken joy they had can really give you joy.” Dara said, happily. “I do hope eomma and appa allow me and Sanghyun to go back their and eat chicken joy.”

“W-well, I love eating sushi, especially Japanese sushi. I don’t know it gives me contentment every time I’ll eat one.”

They spent almost half of the night getting to know each other: asking their favorites and share experiences.

 

 

 

 

Thunder was waiting for his noona. He’s at the doorways of the rooftop and waiting for her, silently. He knew that the guy named Kwon Jiyong is nice and he made his sister happy. He can hear their laughter and giggles that made his heart warm. She’s now happy and I’m happy for her… he thought.

He’s just supporting her older sister since she’s being manipulated by the elders. He knew, from their cousin Seungri, that Dara was subjected to emotional torture. Their grandfather is keeps on saying that her noona is a daughter of a even if she’s not. So he made a decision, he sacrificed his own happiness and time for him to spend it with his family for her sisters happiness. He went to their grandfathers’ ancestral house and live their, together with his grandmother.

When the laughter stopped, he walked-back to the hall and waited for them. He’s sure that Jiyong will not do any harm towards his sister. He can feel that he’s nice. Or maybe not…

 

 

 

They went back to the room and saw that the bidding is done. They sit next to Thunder who’s now texting someone.

“Hey.”

Noona.” Thunder said. He just nods at Jiyong as a sign of acknowledgement. “I’ll go home first. Mom is checking me out.”

Dara pouted. She wanted to spend more time with his brother. “Okay. Take care.”

“Always.”

As soon as Thunder is out, Jiyong and Dara silently sit at their own chair. They are waiting for the announcement of the King and Queen of the ball and of course, for the unveiling of the mask. Though for Dara it’s not anymore unveiling since it was already removed.

“Its now time for us to announce the King and Queen of the ball.” The emcee stated. “The last years’ King and Queen- Park Bom from class-B and Lee Dongwook from class-A will have their final walk.”

Everybody saw at the end of the red carpet is the very beautiful Bom with her partner Lee Dongwook. For Bom, he already forgets about Dongwooks’ actions: denying her in public and embarrass her. She took it as a stumbling block of her life. Dongwook holds Bom arms and smiled, only to see her plastic smile for him. She’s not forgiving me…he thought.

As they walked, he tried to talk to her but she refuses to. She’ll just say that “It’s better for us to be separated in that way…” but for him, their story must not end that way. The moment they’re at the back stage, he drag Bom to the nearest open-room and trapped her there.

“H-hey!” Bom reacted. “Why are you doing this Dongwook?”

“You listen to me. I’m sorry if I acted like a jerk.” He said, but Bom looked-away. He’ll just say it again. “I know I am not the same guy you used to date last year but believe me Bom,  really like you.”

“I-I don’t care.” She said, trying not to expose her vulnerability. “I-I do-don’t like you anymore.”

“You liar!” Dongwook said, denying the fact that Bom doesn’t like him anymore. “I can still feel it Bom you still like me. I like you too, don’t do this to me. To us.”

Bom suppress a sly smile. “I like someone else.”

“Who?” Come on, you’re just joking.

“I-I like Lee Donghae.” Bom said with conviction. “I like him.”

Dongwook laughed, hysterically and smirked. “You cannot possibly like him. He’s with your cousin Sandara.”

“I don’t care. I like him.”

Dongwook with gritted teeth looked at Bom. “I already got you. You are mine, only mine.”

“I’m not yours in the first place. You played around and I do the same…”

Dongwook clench his fist and punch the wall. Bom almost scream but calmed herself. “You’ll ay for this. You’ll fall for me…”

“T-try me… I won’t fall anymore. N-not for you. Not for the second time.”

The moment Dongwook vacated the area, Bom cried. I won’t fall anymore because I’m already drowning…

 

 

 

The crowning is already on-set. The judges make sure that the next King and Queen is the best. “Now, the new King and Queen of the ball is no other than Sandara Park and Lee Donghae.”

Donghae smirked and stands up. He waved at their classmates whose cheering for them. Come on, cheer me up, losers. He saw that Dara smiled at him. And she’s with the mystery bidder.

Dara smiled but deep inside of her, she wanted to protest. Even thought she’s now wearing rubber shoes, she’s not satisfied to the decision. I wanted to be with Jiyong…

“Jiyong…” Dara said. She doesn’t want to go to Donghae.

Jiyong smiled. “It’s okay. It’s just a dance. Besides, we’re falling together right?” Dara nod, smiling at him. “I won’t be tight at you with regards to this but I’m holding your hand so that you’ll not stop falling for me. I am falling, you are falling. We must fall together, hard.”

Dara nods. Jiyong squeeze her hand and smiled at her, “I like falling for you. I like falling together with you…”

“I like falling for you too.” She stated.

Jiyong lifted her hand, without taking away his glance at her and then kissed her hand. “If falling for you is illegal, I’ll take the risk.”

 

 

Donghae saw what that guy did to Dara. Who is he? He asked himself. He wanted to punch his face so hard and remove his mask. Dara stands up and walked towards Donghae. Donghae holds her hand and kissed it. “You’re so beautiful tonight.”

“T-Thank you.”

Donghae smiled. She stutters. She likes me too. They went to the center of the ballroom and made the traditional first dance. Donghae looked at her. She’s really beautiful. The moment he laid his eyes at her during his first year was the same moment he promised himself that she’s the one he’ll marry. She’s very nice at him and she’s really beautiful.

“I like you…” he said, while dancing at her. “I really like you Dara.”

“T-Thank you.” Dara answered. She doesn’t want to hurt Donghaes’ feelings by rejecting him.

“And I want to say to the world that we’re already engaged.” He said, making Dara shock. No, no! “I asked you parents, especially your mom, about this and she said yes. The engagement party will be at the end of the examinations this Christmas break.”

Dara momentarily stop. She’s staring at Lee Donghae who seems amused to her expression. “D-donghae..”

“I know you like that guy who bid fifty-thousand dollars for you.” He said. Dara gasp and her eyes widened, making Donghaes’ jaw clench. So she really likes that guy, uh? “Well, sad to say you cannot like him anymore Dara.”

“D-donghae…” she said, with her lips trembling. She didn’t saw this coming.

“You can’t like him anymore Dara. You will like me from now on.” Donghae said, with a smirk on his face. “We will marry each other and live happily ever after.”

“N-No…” she mumbled. “Donghae you cannot—“

“I can Sandara Park, trust me, I can do that.”

“Y-you’re not the Donghae I used to like…”

He smirked, making Daras’ knees tremble. He’s not Donghae! “This is me Dara. And what I like is what I get. And luckily I like you so technically, I’ll have you and you are mine.” Donghae lean forward and whispered to her ears. “You are mine.”

 

 

A/N: Lee Donghae in this fanfic has a bad character. Don’t be clouded with his character in this fanfic because we all know that Lee Donghae is nice, especially to his fans. I’m not an ELF but I can see in his Instagram account that he’s nice.

I’m planning to put Bom-Dongwook side-story but I’m still planning. Take note of the word planning. Won’t promise.

It’s lame. IDK why. I’m having a severe ideas-block. My brain is not functioning well T^T Will update later, hoping my brain is done with this sick block.