PART TWO: u n t o l d #1

Nothing Last Forever

Nothing in This World
U N T O L D #1

 

Dara woke up with a smile on her face. She was very happy, happy to know that they’ll be going to ther ancestral house- the house where her younger brother Sanghyun and her grandparents live. Christmas is coming and she was very happy to spend another Christmas with her younger brother.

She went downstairs while singing her joy out. Her younger brother is there already since he’s still studying there. She greeted every housemate she can see and gave them her sweetest smile. She doesn’t know what the reason behind her sudden nervousness she felt is. But she eradicates it immediately. She doesn’t want to spoil her happiness. I’ll be spending another Christmas with Sanghyun!

When she was downstairs, she can hear voices from the Garden part of their house. There were too many and they aren’t familiar to her. Maybe some visitors… she thought. She went to the kitchen and grabs some fresh milk from the refrigerator. She thanked herself for taking a bath before going out since they have some visitors.

“Do you know who are the visitors of eomma?” she asked one of the housemates who are staying at the kitchen area.

“They are from the Lee family Lady Park.” The housemate formally said.

“Lee?” she asked, curiously.

“Yes Lady Park. They’ve been here before, the one who has a son and from Lee Advertising.”

 

Daras eyes wide opened and she gasps. She put her hand on , trying her best not to sob. But she just can’t. She can’t. Knowing that the Lee is here, she felt like Lee Donghae is also here. The sudden nervousness she felt awhile ago confirms to the situation right now.

“L-Lady Park, why are you crying? Are you alright?” the housemaid ask her but her tears were just continuing to flow like a falls. “Lady Park…”

She ran away and tries her best to go to her room. Her sanctuary. The only place she thinks that Lee Donghae can’t enter. But when she was about to climb at their stairs, she heard someone called her name.

“Sandara Park!”

Dara looked-back and saw her grandfather standing at the doorways- the doorway leading to the Garden area. He was grinning and she can’t help it but be scared. Her grandfather doesn’t usually grin: but when he do, it give her a creepy feeling and scares the hell of her.

“G-grandfather…” she spoke, more like a whisper. She felt like her voice is slowly fading away. “A-annye—“

“Come, your fiancé is here after a short vacation.” Her grandfather said. He was watching Daras’ reaction and he wasn’t dismayed seeing how horrified this girl was. “Sandara.”

Dara stepped back and shook her head. She keep on stepping back as if doing that will give her grandfather a hint that she don’t want to be in that place. “I-I”

“Are you trying to be stubborn, uh?” her grandfather hissed, making Dara shiver. “Sandara!”

“No! No grandfather, I-I don’t like Lee Donghae! He’s—He’s.”

“Whether you like it or not, you will marry him.”

“No!”

“You will marry him so that you’ll have a purpose in your life! You’re a product of a sinful act and one thing that you can do to penitent with the sins your mother committed is to be useful in my family.”

Daras’ tears were kept on falling. He used ‘my’ and it only means that he’s still not accepting me as one of the family members… she thought, making her tears fall even more. She was now sobbing in front of her grandfather and she can’t even see a hint of care and sympathy from him.

“G-grandfather…”

“Marry him and that’s final!” he hissed. “You’re being stubborn again! That’s the only thing you can do to your family Sandara. I will never accept you as Sandara, remember that! But if you’ll marry Lee Donghae, I will accept you as one of my grandchildren.”

Her eyes were still looking at her grandfather. She can’t believe that someone as ruthless as him does exist! She was part of the family. She is a Park.

“No!”

She runs away. She went down and run towards the main door only to see that her parents were there. Her mother and father looked at her with full of sympathy and care. The way she wanted her grandfather look at her.

“Sandara!” Her grandfather called her again, making her run.

“Dara!” Her mother and father called. But she didn’t dare to look at them because she knew that if she will see how worried her father and mother would look, it would drag her to her own boiling water, the water that will kill herself: and that is marrying Lee Donghae.

“Father, what did you do this time?” she can still hear her father ask her grandfather.

“I want her to be useful in the family.”

“Father!” her mother exclaimed.

 

She didn’t know that their house is not that far because she immediately got to the compound gate. The guard is looking at her weirdly but she didn’t mind. She runs as fast as she can. She heard that the radio of the guard rang:

“There will be a girl who’s running towards the guardhouse. Don’t let her get out of the compound. Copy?”

 

The moment that Dara heard that, she runs as fast as she can. She heard the guard used his whistle to stop her but no ones stopping her now. She runs until she reached the high way. She was panting really hard and sweating really hard. She can’t believe that she decided to leave the life she lives. Now that she already decided to leave, where should she go now?

She’s walking and letting her feet decide. She felt like garbage trying to be a useful one. Her grandfather is throwing her away. She’s useless to his family. She’s not part of his family. All he can think is about Sanghyun and nothing more.  She only wants to be part of the family, to be accepted in the clan. But knowing that the head of the family- her grandfather- can’t accept her is like a virus. It’s slowly killing her inside.

She was very exhausted when she found herself standing in the familiar restaurant she’s been going since the day she knew about her identity. She looked at it and slowly, silently, entered the restaurant. Her tears were still falling and she didn’t even bother to wipe it away. She caught the figure she wants to see—and its standing and very shocked looking at her.

Who wouldn’t be shock?

She is Sandara Park. The daughter of one of the richest clan in South Korea.

She’s only wearing her pajamas and the slipper she used is the slipper she has in her room: pink hellow kitty. Even if she already takes a bath, when she’s inside their house, she only wears pajamas below and a loose tee shirt.

 

“An-Annyeonghaseyo.” Her mother greeted still can’t believe that Daras’ standing in front of her. “W-what—“ she didn’t finish her sentence because Dara immediately hug her.

The old Lady was shock. Dara buried her face on the neck of her real mother- crying like a lost child.

“Mama… Mama…” she keeps on saying like a mantra. “Mama…”

The old lady was shocked. Tears were falling freely form her eyes and she can’t help it but cry. She hug Dara tightly as if she’s about to evaporate. She wished that this time will come—that Dara will reveal her true identity to her.

“M-my daughter…” 

 

 

That was the time Dara decided to leave her identity. She’s not Dara or Sandara Park. She’s just Dara now.

 

 

 

Jiyong is silently listening to the meeting he’s inot now. He’s dealing with OH Corporations. He’s expanding the Sequel University and he’s having a meeting with the CEO, Oh Sehun as well as his team. He knew Oh Sehun since high school and that’s the reason why he contacted him as the one who will build the campus.

But his mind is travelling to the person he saw awhile ago—to alpha and Sandara.

He tries to close his eyes but he can still clearly see the scene he saw awhile ago. And it pains him. He took a deep breath and sighed. As he opens his eyes, the meeting is already done.

He went to have a shake hands to Sehun. “I’m so glad we meet again Jiyong.” Sehun said.

He just smiled, “Still wearing that stoic expression uh?”

“I guess that’s my charm.”  He said. He went closer to one of his Architects which he knew that his younger sibling.

When everyone is already out, he watched the skyscrapers. The building he’s seeing right now is as high as his name. Kwon Jiyong. The new CEO of Kwon Corporations. He didn’t take over the offer his father gave—that is to be the school President of Sequel Universty. He wanted to be inline with Hotels and Restaurants. Taeyang, his older brother, is now the school President of Sequel University. He was not even interested with Sequel University. A lot of hurtful memories were found there and it pains his heart.

“Chairman Jiyong, you are now free for today.” His secretary said.

“Thank you Miss Min. you may leave now.” He said trying to compose himself as he can.

“Thank you Sir. Have a good day.”

Jiyong was left alone, alone in this four cornered wall. He sighed and decided to have a drive before going home. He surely misses this thing—being normal. When he got inside his car, he drives it slowly. He doesn’t know where he’s up to. He just let himself drive.

But unconsciously, he’s still heading to the place were his heart really belong. He let out a sigh. He has been watching Dara for 6 long years and the entire thing that is happening to her: her first baked cake, her first summer vacation at Jeju Island, everything. He knew everything but what saddens him is the fact that he didn’t saw this thing happen: that alpha will fall for Dara…

He went out of his car and stand outside their house. He’s patiently waiting for her. Patiently waiting for the right timing he has been waiting. He watched her watch a smile twitched from his lips.

“1…

2…

3…

And…

 

You’re here.”

 

And he was right; Dara went out of the corner. Dara saw that a man wearing a suit is standing outside their house. She got scared; she is scared every time she’ll see someone standing outside their house wearing a suit scares her. She though that they were from her grandfather or from her mother.

She slowly walked towards him, trying not to make a noise. He was silently standing, his head still looking downwards. When she was infront of him already, she got the courage to ask.

“E-excuse me?”

Jiyong lift up his head and looked at her. Their very close and his heart is beating fast again. Just like before… Old habbits, really die hard. He was this close to her but he cannot see any recognition from her.

“I-I’m looking for Mrs. Yoon here. Is this the right street?” he asked.

Daras’ face lit up and smiled at him, making Jiyong feel the intensity of his feelings for her. It didn’t change Dara… I still love you… “Mrs. Yoon? The one selling duck?”

Jiyong nods and smile at her. “Yes. I want to buy duck for my… my girlfriend.”

“Ahh you’re so sweet. Tell her, Sandara gave her another costumer so that she will give you a discount.” Dara said still smiling at the stranger. She looked at his eyes and somehow, those eyes were familiar. The way those eyes were piercing her whole being…

“Your eyes look familiar…” she mumbled, making Jiyong smile.

J-jinja?” Jiyong asked, hopefully. This is the time he’s been waiting for—for her to recognize him. “W-who’s that person, if you don’t mind?”

Sandara smiled at him, while shooking her head as a sign of disagreement. “Naah, that person is already in Thailand. Maybe you two had the same eyes.”

“Sandara!”

Both of them looked at the person who called Dara and to Jiyongs dismay, he saw Joong-ki heading towards them. When he was near her, he holds her hand and kiss her forehead.

“Boyfriend…” Dara said, while smiling at him. “Miss me?”

“Naah, why would I miss my girlfriend?” Joong-ki joked. But indeed, he missed her even if they were together earlier. Joong-ki looked at the guy Dara is talking to. “Oh, he—“

Jiyong looked at Joong-ki into his eyes and he saw recognition to it. He smiled and said, “It’s nice seeing you miss. Thank you for the direction.”

“You’re welcome mister…?”

“I’m Ji—“

“Come on, let’s get in. We have to catch Phineas and Ferb.” Joong-ki said, while half-smiling at Dara.

“Yeah I almost forgot.” Dara said. She looked at the guy who asked for direction and smile at him. “I hope your girlfriend likes the duck Mrs. Yoon sells.”

Joong-ki along with Dara gets in with her house. Jiyong was left there, alone. He sighed; remove the face mask he wore so that he can get close to her without noticing and knowing his identity.

 

It saddens me more that I clearly heard you call him boyfriend…While I am here still thinking that you are my girlfriend all these years…”

Jiyong put his gift for Dara: another glass chess piece. Rook.

 

“We’ve been together for 6 years already Dara… Ahhh, I was wrong at all. I am the only one thinking that way all these time.”