PART TWO: u n t o l d #8

Nothing Last Forever

Nothing in This World

UNTOLD #7

 

 

Dara is still crying while staring at her mother. She still cannot believe everything. It’s happening too fast that she cannot understand it anymore. The other minute, she was furious because her grandfather is here and now she’s sad because of her mother.

“W-why? Why did you lie to me Mama?”

Her Mama holds Daras’ hands and gently kisses it. She was sorry because of what they did, along with her parents, but what they did is for Daras’ sake. Everything revolves around Dara…. She thought. “Please, listen to Mama okay? I never lied to you Dara and this, my situation, I… I will tell you as soon as I can.”

“You’ll tell me when you’re already dying? You’ll tell me when you can’t wake up anymore?” she cried. She wanted to put the blame on her mother but she just can’t. Even if she lied, she’s still her mother. She was very blind all this time. She thought that everything is alright and now, things are coming again when she’s supposed to be happy. “T-tell me Mama, did… did my parents knew that I am here all this time? D-did they know that I am here?”

Her mother bowed and it was the confirmation Dara is waiting. So all this time, for six long years, her parents knew that she was with her real mother and yet they didn’t even have the courage to approach her. She felt like they betrayed her. She felt like she was the most stupid person. She thought that they don’t know were she was; she thought that she was safe in her mothers’ haven.

“Dara, Listen.” her mother reached for her but she resisted. She stands up and looked at her mother with a very disappointed look.

“You’ve been lying to me for the past six years and now you want me to listen to you?!” she exclaimed. Her heart is beating fast, she knew that she was angry, but she was trying her best to show her respect to her real mother. No matter how bad she’ll do towards her or how many lies she will feed her, she should always put in her mind that she was her mother.

“Please understand…” her mother pleaded. She catch Daras’ stare and she felt bad towards herself seeing how sad her eyes were. She reached for her hand and squeezes it. “It was a mutual decision Dara. You don’t want to go home so I keep you here. You’re parents came that same day when you came and ask me to be here for you, to watch over you. E-even if I am mad at your family for saying bad words towards you, if… if it wasn’t for them, I-I cannot be with you for six long years. I’ve been yearning for this day to come, you and me, together.

Please Dara, we-we’re just protecting you---”

“From whom?! I’ve been hearing those same story ‘We’re protecting you’ or ‘we want the best for you’. Why are you keep on controlling my life?!” she yelled at her mother, making her stop from holding her arms. This was the very first time she yelled at her mother and it’s not giving her a satisfying feeling. “You don’t know my life, you don’t own my life. You don’t own me!” she cried.

“I-I just want the best for you… we, your parents want the best for you…”

“You don’t know the best for me because you didn’t even bother to ask me in the first place.” She bitterly said. “Have you ever asked me the reason why I enrolled at Business Administration instead of Communication Arts?” she asked. She looked at her mother and she can clearly read that she didn’t know the reason behind her decisions. “See? Now, how can you say that you’re doing the best for me?”

 

 

 

Jiyong is keeps on calling Daras’ cell phone but it’s just keep on ringing. It’s already six in the evening and he’s waiting for her in front of their house. After his conversation with Joong-ki awhile ago, he can’t help it but get worried about everything. The thing for both Dara and him is very fast and he’s afraid that one of these days, everything will turn upside-down again.

He dialed her number again, hoping that she’ll pick it up. He was worried as hell since the moment he left her; he hadn’t had the chance of talking to her again. When her phone rang, he was excited to hear her voice. He was excited to know where she was so that he can go there immediately.

“Hello?”

Jiyongs’ eyebrows furrow as he hear the unfamiliar voice that picked Daras’ phone. His fist clench as he realize that it was a voice of a stranger guy.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“H-hey, I am Lee Donghae and the owner of this phone is—“

“What the are you doing to Sandara, Lee Donghae?!” Jiyong asked, furiously. “Where are you? Tell me where you are?!”

Donghae, from the other line, was shocked upon hearing Jiyongs’ mad tone. He wasn’t sure if it was Jiyong because the moment Daras’ phone rang, he can only saw a single emoticon on his phone. His phone number was registered as a heart. But upon hearing his roaring tone, he immediately smiled.

“Why would I?” he said, playfully. He watched Dara who’s now sleeping peacefully on his bed. Still as beautiful as the girl I loved… he thought. “Remember Kwon Jiyong, I am Lee Donghae. I am inlove with the girl beside me.”

“ you!” Jiyong hissed. He started to on his GPS when all of a sudden he heard a slight moan from the background that made his eyes widened. Even if it was a tiny moan, he can remember it. “Donghae! Lee Donghae!”

Donghae laughed sarcastically. He wanted to tell Jiyong that Dara is just sleeping but upon hearing his furious tone, he missed the time when he used to play with Jiyong for Dara. He watched Dara who’s sleeping peacefully. “Did you hear that?!”

“ you! Where are you? Tell me, where are you?!” Jiyong hissed.

“Come on, try to find me.” Donghae said, playfully. “I’m giving you 30 minutes to find us Jiyong if you’re 1 second late, say goodbye to your beautiful Sandara. Bye!”

“Lee Dong--- !” Jiyong hissed as Donghae cut the conversation.

He opened Daras’ GPS and located her immediately. She’s just 3 blocks away so it was easy for him to go to wherever her location was. He was driving fast so he could punch Donghaes’ face immediately. I swear to god if he’ll touch even a single fiber of her, I’ll kill him… he said, with gritted teeth.

As soon as his car stopped, he immediately went out from his car and opens the gate of that house. There was a car in it and a small bike. He opened the door and noticed that the house is neat and organized. He entered and immediately went upstairs. As soon as he opened the door, he saw Lee Donghae caressing Daras’ hair and watched her sleep.

His blood rushed to his head. “!” he hissed. He saw how Donghae smirked upon seeing his reaction, making him decide to punch his face. “Back-off bastard!”

Donghae just smirked and without thinking twice, he punches Jiyongs’ face. “!”

“I’ll kill you—“

“What the hell?!” Both of them stopped as they saw Joong-ki at the doorways, smirking yet disappointed. “I was just away for 3 minutes then I’ll see this?”

“Alpha!” Jiyong exclaimed.

“Joong-ki.” Donghae said.

“Can you two put down your fist because you’re both disturbing Daras’ sleep?” He said. He entered the room and put down the mug of coffee on the coffee table. “What the hell did you do Lee Donghae?”

“I was just playing around—“

“! You touched Daras’ hair.” Jiyong exclaim, making Donghae and Joong-ki laughed. “What?! And now, you Joong-ki is laughing at me? What the hell!”

“You’re being too possessive Kwon Jiyong.”

“But he is Lee Donghae! He’s dangerous and I can’t trust him, even if he’s 3 meters away from Dara.”

Donghae sighed. “I am friends with Dara before you came Kwon Jiyong.” he said. Ï have all the right to talk to her, to touch her—“

“And you’re obsessed with her! How can I possibly allow you to touch her, even her hair?”

“We’re now friends, deal with it.”

Jiyong was left there, confused, as he stares at Daras’ innocent face sleeping. He kneeled down and kissed her forehead. “I love you…”

 

 

Jiyong went down and saw that Donghae ang Joong-ki is talking seriously with canned beers on their hand. He doesn’t have an idea about what they’re talking about. He doesn’t have an idea when and where did they started to be so-called ‘friends’.

“Why is she here?”He asked Joong-ki.

Joong-ki looked at Jiyong and sighed. “She already knew about her mothers’ real condition.”

Jiyong sighed. So Dara already knew that her mother is dying. Joong-ki and him knew about her mother’s condition- accidentally. Few years ago, when they talked about Dara and Jiyong asked Joong-ki to take care of her, they saw her mother- her real mother- walking towards the hospital. Joong-ki was curious because he knew that her nanny has no family in Korea. So they decided to follow her and be shock since they entered in the Oncology Department of the hospital.

(Oncology Department is the department in Hospitals that focuses in cancer-related cases.)

 

“Then, what’s the reason why Donghae is here?” he asked, glaring at Donghae.

“I was with him awhile ago, planning how to pester your life for awhile.” Joong-ki said, without even hiding it. He was smirking, that it somehow annoys Jiyong. “But now you saw Donghae is around, I’m not in the mood to play with you. I get tired, you know.”

JIyong clench his fist. “I am taking Dara home.”

Joong-ki smirked. “You cant. As a bestfriend, I am not—“

“And as a fiancé I am not allowing you to contradict my decision.”

Joong-ki smirked. “And now, you’re stopping me from being her best friend.”

“I don’t want to see Donghaes’ face, that’s the reason why.” Jiyong said.

“You know you have to because he is part of the brotherhood.” Joong-ki said. “He’s now ‘Charlie’ Jiyong, deal with it.”

Jiyong sighed and immediately punch Donghaes’ face, making him caught off-guard and slam on the floor. “What the , Kwon Jiyong!” Joong-ki exclaimed.

“That’s for making jealous awhile ago, thank you very much.” He blurted out.

But Donghae didn’t react and just smiled at him. He stands up and touches the corner of his lips. There was blood on it yet it didn’t scare him. He smirked at him. “I won’t give any bad reaction because you’re still ‘Betta’ and yeah, you’re welcome.”

Both of them stared at each other. Jiyong wanted to let go of his grudges about Lee Donghae but what happen is just part of their life.

“Our bigger problem is approaching.” Joong-ki said. “The elders are playing human chess game again and now, it’s your life is being played Betta.”

“What?!”

“Don’t you realize the sudden turn of events? Donghae was asked by his father to come back and wanted him to pursue on marrying Sandara. Sandaras’ parents -in awhile ago in their house making her know the real condition about her mother.”

“Why are they doing this? I thought, the human chess game is through. I already have Dara, we’re now together. What the hell is happening?” he blurted out. As much as he wanted to yell, he just can’t. Knowing that the elders were playing with them, he’s so sure that they’re watching them.

“They’re not satisfied with the ending of your game.” Joong-ki said. “It was as if they got bored on your life and now that everything is fine they wanted to mess-up with you again.”

Jiyong looked at Donghae and shrug. His life is lifeless for the past six years and now that everything will be ed-up because of the Elders, he was scared. Jiyong was scared of losing Dara for the second time…

“Old habits, die hard Jiyong.” Joong-ki said. “They want to play; we’ll give them the best game they want.”

“What do you mean?” Donghae and Jiyong asked.

“Let’s say that let’s just get along with them. Let’s play and enjoy ourselves as if we’re not being monitored and watched.”

 

 

Dara woke up and just like it she can still feel the sadness. She called Joong-ki the other night and asks him to accompany her. She was very sad knowing that she cannot do anything to her mothers’ condition. She has a cancer and she’s fighting without her knowing.

She stands-up and was caught off-guard seeing a stranger’s room. But she was shock knowing that she was with someone else in a strangers bed.

“Good morning baby.” He said, and gave her a relief.

“Good morning baby Jiyong.” She said. Maybe Joong-ki called Jiyong… she thought. “Did Joong-ki contacted you?”

Jiyong nod and kissed Daras’ forehead. “How are you?”

“I-I’m fine.”

Jiyong hug her and kissed her hair. “Everything’s’ gonna be alright.”

“Yeah…”

Both of them stayed like that for not that long. Jiyong hold Daras’ hand and gently squeeze it. “I love you…”

Dara smiled at him. “I love you too. Why are you always saying those things?”

“Remember, I’ll love you everyday of my life.”

Dara got scared for a moment and smiled at him. “Of course.”

“Come, we’ll eat breakfast.”

Dara was holding Jiyongs hand as they walk towards the door. She was afraid that Jiyong might ask her what’s wrong with her but she sighed upon not hearing him ask questions. She was sure that he already knew, and she was glad he didn’t open-up that topic.

As they head towards the kitchen they can hear voices from the play room. They saw that almost all of Daras’ important friends were there- her cousins Seungri and Bom, Seunghyun and Taeyang along with Chaerin. But she was shock upon seeing Donghae in there. She momentarily stop making Jiyong look at her.

“What the problem?”

“I-I…” She cannot construct the right sentence to ask him why is Donghae is here.

Joong-ki came in, holding a bowl of pop-corn and some chocolates. “Oh, my best friend is already awake!”

All of them looked at her and waved. But what catches most her attention was the fact that she saw that Donghae nod at Jiyong and Jiyong did the same. She can also see that Taeyang is playing with Donghae along with pouting Chaerin.

“We should eat breakfast first before playing with you guys.”

Joong-ki nod and entered the playroom. Jiyong hold Daras’ hands and gave her a smile. They’re now eating breakfast slowly. Jiyong was holding Daras’ hands and from time to time he’ll kiss it, making Dara giggle for a bit.

“What’s with you today?”

Jiyong smiled. “I’m just showing how much I love you.”

“Aww, you’re so sweet.” She cupped his face and kissed his cheeks.

After eating, both of them wash the plates they used. Dara was giggling because Jiyong is enveloping her from her back while washing the dishes.

“Jiyong! I’m getting wet!” she exclaimed. “Yaah! I don’t any extra shirt!”

Jiyong is just doing it again- putting the bubbles on her face and on her shirt. He was happy and contented upon having a moment like this with her. He was laughing to hard upon seeing her afce- full of bubbled.

“Look at my shirt, it’s so wet.” She said but then she giggled. She gave him a bear-hug. “Why is Donghae is here?”

“He was now part of our Brotherhood.” Jiyong answered her, without doubt. He wanted to be honest with her.

“Is it… is it awkward?”

“Actually, at first yes but then again, alpha wouldn’t choose members of the brotherhood without valid reasons.” Dara just sighed and hugged Jiyong tightly. Jiyong hug her tightly too, as if not letting her go. “I-I’m sorry for your mother. I know it’s very hard for you to accept it but trust me, they are just doing things because they want you to be happy.”

“I am happy when I’m with you.”

“But you’ll be happier when you’re with them. Go home Dara, to your parents. They can protect you.” Jiyong said.

“What do you mean?”

Jiyong sighed. “I am still part of the so-called human chess game Dara. I am being manipulated by some persons from the higher –class of the Brotherhood.”

“I-I don’t understand.” She said.

“They reason why these are happening is because of the Elders and all I want you to do is be back with your family.”

“W-why?”

“Because we’ll be playing games with them. We will fight…”

“H-how?”

“By letting them know that you’ll marry me.”