Chapter Twenty-three

Nothing Last Forever

A/N: Red conversation is in a Thai form.

 

As soon as Dara entered the office of the school President, she momentarily forgets about Jiyong and that President Yang is currently with them. She runs hurriedly towards Youngbae who’s sitting and smiling at her. For Taeyang, even if he hasn’t seen Dara for a long time, he can guess that she’s really excited to see him. She buried herself on Youngbaes’ chest and hugs him tightly. Geez! I miss this creature!

“Oppa!” she cried out loud. “I missed you!” She wanted to talk and ask many questions for Youngbae but she cannot compose a right sentence for him. “How are you? Why are you here? You didn’t contact me for a long time!”

Youngbae softly laughed and caressed Daras’ long soft hair. The usual hair he used to smell and touch when they’re still at Thailand. “Easy Darong. I’m not in a hurry so you can talk to me for longer time.”

Dara unconsciously cried with too much happiness she felt. She really missed Youngbae even if they just met at Thailand and share a moment for just 2 months. The older-brother figure she wants is in Youngbaes’ identity. “I-I’m just happy to see you.” She said in a hoarse voice. She buried her face on his chest and hugs him tightly.

 

Youngbae hugs her even more and smiled. It was a shocking aspect of his life that meeting a girl like her will be a life-changing event. He matured and even liked her the moment he saw her beautiful and innocent face. But the feelings he share with her is just platonic love, a love that a guy can give to his friend. Not a romantic kind of love.

President Yang smile as he saw how tight Daras’ hug for Taeyang and how happy his son is right now. He thought that Dara and Youngbae are in a relationship when they’re at Thailand. He noticed how happy his son is when Dara is around. But then he knew that Dara and Youngbae don’t have a romantic feeling towards each other. He witnessed it but he cannot withdraw his desire to see Dara as his daughter-in-law. For him, being Daras’ father-in-law is like winning an Olympic award. He knew that Dara s very kind-hearted girl and he’ll regret if she’ll marry some other guys.

Jiyong saw how close they were back in Thailand but he cannot deny the fact that he’s jealous to what he is seeing right now. Dara momentarily forget about his existence and it hurts him little by little. He’s jealous to his brother, that he can show his love for Dara. He’s jealous because they already had that kind of bond that he knew he can’t have with her because of their situation. And as much as he wanted to be with her all the time, he just can’t.

 

“Where have you been?” Dara asked as soon as her muscles were already relaxed. She looked at Youngbae and observes his face. He matured in his own ways. “We went back to Thailand during Christmas Vacation and yet the servants there told us that you went somewhere.”

Youngbae looked away and remember the darkest days of his life. “We went to America.”

Wae?”

“To study, you pabo.” Youngbae smiled, even if it was just a forced smile. He wanted to tell her that everything is not fine after that incident; that everything has changed.

Youngbae looked at his younger brother Jiyong. He nods at him and said in Thai language. “Long time no see brother.”

“How are you hyung?” Jiyong asked. It’s been a year since he moves to South Korea and study there. His brother Taeyang was in America the day he lost his sight and had a surgery there. “I missed you so much.” He can’t help but said those words.

Youngbae momentarily stopped and looked at his younger brother. Since their age isn’t that far, they were really close with each other. With a controlled emotion, he smiled at him. “I missed you too, little brother.”

Jiyong smiled then looked at his father. “So, this is the beginning of everything uh?”

President Yang nods, “Yes. The beginning of the plans.”

Dara, with a confused look smile. She now remembers that Jiyong came from Thailand. “So, President Yang, tell me why you called us here.”

President Yang sits on his swivel chair and seriously looks at Jiyong and Dara. “Jiyong will not be your Noye anymore Dara.”

Daras’ smile slowly fades and her burrows furrow. She cannot understand a bit to what he said. Or maybe she’s unconsciously refusing the idea of it. It can’t be! “I’m—I’m not following you President Yang.”

President Yang lean forward and said, “Kwon Jiyong will not be Sandara Parks’ Noye anymore and that motion is effective today.”

“Father…” Jiyong said with gritted teeth. “What is this all about?”

“The plan is already delayed Jiyong. We have to—“

“But this is not part of the plan!” he exclaimed making Dara looked at Jiyong with a confused facial expression. He looked away to avoid the questioning gaze Dara is giving him. And it saddens him since even if he wanted to tell Dara everything, he can’t say anything. “Father… please…”

“You, falling for her in not also part of the plan Jiyong…” President said, with a sad expression. “The plan is, you will use her to attract Donghae and do the plan.”

Youngbae look at his younger brother who look-down. He smiles. He falls for her! “But father…”

“Listen Kwon Jiyong, this—“

“Yeah, Kwon Jiyong uh?” He said, with a sardonic tone. “I’m still Kwon Jiyong to you. I’m still your mistake.”

“Jiyong…” Youngbae said. “Listen to—“

“It’s alright brother.” Jiyong stated. He doesn’t want to acknowledge the sad tone of his voice that made him feel like he really cares. He’s just part of his fathers’ mistake. He looked at Dara and smile at her. For him, falling for Dara is not part of his mistakes. “Let’s go?”

 

 

 

“So, GD is not your brother?” Dara asked Youngbae one sunny afternoon while they’re walking towards their garden.

“Of course, he is my brother.” Youngbae said, with full smiles. “I’m very proud of him. Did you know that he’s a genius?”

“Jinja?”

“Neh. He’s a music genius. He composes songs and he’s also intelligent.” Youngbae said, proudly. “Unlike me,--“

“If I know, both of you were genius.” Dara chuckled. “But why is it he doesn’t look like you? I mean, I cannot see his face clearly because of his bangs covering all the parts of his face, but I cannot see the similarities in you.”

“Well, he’s a blessing my mother cannot give to appa anymore.”

Dara understands it. GD is not really Youngbaes’ brother: he’s a son from his fathers’ mistress. Even if she and GD aren’t talking since he’s really intimidating, she unconsciously gives an ample space in her heart for Jiyong. We have the same situation… she thought.

“But GD is my only brother, even if we don’t have the same mother. I love him with all my heart and I’ll do everything just to make him happy.”

That time, Dara knew that GD is very lucky that he has a brother like Youngbae.

 

 

Dara felt Jiyongs’ hands on her. She looked at him and smile. “What?”

“What what?” Jiyong asked, while smiling at her.

“Why are you holding my hands like that?” she asked. “I mean, you don’t usually hold my hand while walking in the hallway.”

“Is it wrong to hold you hand like this?” Jiyong said playfully and smile.

“Of course not.” Dara said with a smile on her face.

Jiyong drag Dara to the abandoned classroom. He closed the door and went to the window. This was the same classroom they shared when she cried during school fest. “Do you remember this place? This is the same place I first said my real identity.”

“J-Jiyong..”

“This is the same place were I first kiss you.”

Dara blushed and then looked away. “P-pabo…” she mutters.

“And this is the same place were I’ll kiss you again…” Jiyong holds Daras’ cheeks and looked at her intently. “Why did I even fall for you?” He said, making Dara confused. “Why did I fall for you? Uh, tell me.”

“I-I don’t know.” Dara answered. Even she, herself, doesn’t know the reason why she falls for Kwon Jiyong. He’s an abstract: one minute he’s cold the next minute he’s fine. “I-I really don’t know.”

Jiyong slowly claimed her lips. The moment their lips touched, he already knew the reason why. The kiss is light. “Now I know the reason why.”

“Why?”

“The reason is unknown. I fall for you, for an unknown reason.”

Dara smiled, “Yeah. We fall for an unknown reason.”

 

 

Donghae saw everything. From the time both of them went out of the Presidents’ office, the time they hold hands and the time they kiss. And it give him an anguish feeling. He loath the idea of some guys kissing her Dara. My Dara…

With a clenched jaw, he walked towards the room where he’ll punch to death Jiyong when an unknown hand stopped him by holding his shoulder. He looked at it and saw it was Choi Seunghyun. He smirked. “A Noye protecting his co-Noye.”

“Don’t interfere with them Lee Donghae.” Seunghyun said, with a serious tone. He’s always serious but this time, he’s very serious.

“Why? Huh, protecting him is like a suicide Choi Seunghyun.” He said, with a smirk on his face. “You don’t know me thatwell---“

“Of course, I know you Lee Donghae. You’re a psychopath and obsessed with Sandara Park.”

“I’m not obsessed with her because I am inlove with her!” Donghae said, and punched Seunghyun making the latter sit on the floor. He holds the corner of his lips and saw a blood on it.

“You’re inlove with her uh?” Seunghyun said, with gritted teeth. “It’s not love Donghae—“

“How dare you question---“

“You almost killed someone because of your obsession to her.”

 

Donghae stopped and with his eyes wide open, he looked at Seunghyun. How could he know it?! His fists were shaking with too much emotion he felt. “H-How—“

“I know some things you don’t know Donghae. I know some things…”

 

 

 

The next day, Donghae went to school earlier than the usual. He saw that there were few students were already there. He went to his locker room and gets his books. Usually he left some books especially if he’s not into studying. As he opens his locker, there’s a piece of black paper that fall on the floor. He kneeled down and looked at it. It was just a blank black paper. He was about to crumple it when he saw a Korean figures written on it.

 

I’m back.

 

With a confuse feeling, he threw it away. Maybe someone is just playing pranks on him. He went to their classroom and saw that Jiyong is already there. The anger he felt yesterday came back and he gritted his teeth.

He walks inside and looked at him. He now realizes the reason why he chooses to sit next to Dara in the very first place. Maybe they fall because they’re always together… But he’s already engage to Dara. How could I forget that?!

He sit to his place and look in front. “Kwon Jiyong…”

“Lee Donghae…”

He smirked. He like idea that he’s not afraid of him. For a Noye like Jiyong, he must be afraid of him or to every class-A student in Sequel University. “For a normal Noye, you must be very special because you’re the Noye of my Dara.”

Jiyong smirked and looked at Donghae who’s now looking at him too. “Your Dara?”

“We’re already engaged.” Donghae stated. “At the end of the school year, we’ll marry each other—“

“But you’re not already married.”

“Y-you!”

Jiyong stands up and walk towards the blackboard. He sit on the teachers table and looked at Donghae. “If you’re saying that I should back-off because you’re already engaged or because you’re inlove with her, sad to say but I wont do it.”

“You don’t know who I am—“

“Of course, I know you! You’re Lee Donghae.” He said with a smirk and playful tone, making Donghae furious. “I know you very well. Very very well.”

 

The bell rang and Jiyong went to his seat as if nothing happen. Their classmates already entered the classroom and even saw Dara with them. Donghae looked at Jiyong, The nerve of this guy! He furiously crumpled the paper he’s holding right now and bit his lower lips. I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you!

“Hey, are you okay?” Dara asked as she sits next to him. “D-Donghae…?”

“Y-yes. I-I.. I’m okay.”

“You sure?” Dara asked, with curiosity and at the same time, with care. She hasn’t seen Donghae like this.

“Yes.”

 

He looked at Jiyong. This is not the usual human chess game Kwon Jiyong. This is a battle for the Queen—not for a checkmate and not for anything else.

 

 

The school Principal came. Everyone become serious again. There were two things that is happening when the Principal comes to the classroom: first, there’s an urgent motion the President said and second, their teacher is out.

“Good morning everyone.” The principal greeted.

“Good morning sir.”

“Since your adviser wouldn’t be able to be art of the school institution anymore, so we hired the best adviser for this class.” The principal looked at the entrance door making everyone do the same.  A young looking man came that made everyone murmur some comments.

 

“He’s our new teacher? I think he’s too young!”

“Eottoke?! Do I look cute?”

 

 

“He will be your new adviser for the entire school year. You can call me Sir Taeyang.”

 

That time, there were 3 significant reaction Taeyang saw on the classroom: Sandaras’ smile,  Jiyongs’ smirk and Donghaes’ shock reaction.

 

“I guess this is a form of a comeback.” Taeyang said. “I’m back.” He said, while looking at Donghae.

 

 

 

A/N: DaraGon is not real. And will never be real. T.T But… it’s okay.

I’m sorry if you waited for a long time. I seriously tried to update last week but I cannot type a single paragraph. Forgive me pals. *sobs*