Chapter Twenty-five

Nothing Last Forever

Today is the camping day. All graduating student of Sequel University High School Department were required to join this. Dara along with their helper, helped her to pack the things she will use for the three-day camping.

 

“Lady Park, break-fast is ready.” One of their helper said. She smiled at her and decided to continue packing later. Since the assembly time is on 1PM, she still has lots of time to prepare the stuffs she will need.

 

When she came down she saw her parents’ eating lively. She used to see this kind of atmosphere. She was exposed to this kind of atmosphere- happy and lively. Everyone is laughing to someone’s’ joke. And she missed those times. The times she was very close to her parents, the times when she has no idea about her real identity.

 

“Good morning eomma, appa and little Thunder.” She greeted them enthusiastically. She seated next to her younger brother and gives him a peck on his cheeks. “Did you sleep well?”

Neh. The air conditioner in this house is very cold.”

“You’re just not used to this.” Dara commented. “Grandfather doesn’t have an aircon there?”

Thunder laughed at his sisters’ remark. “We live in the ancestrals’ house noona and it is located at the province. Don’t expect that you’ll find a house with an aircon there.”

 

The conversation continued and Dara felt like she belongs here, again. After how many years of being neglected by the family or should she say, she neglected herself from the family. She’s afraid that her parents will neglect her.

 

“Dara.” Her mother said.

She stiffened and straightened her sit. She looked at her mother and she saw that she’s looking at her intently which is unusual. “E-eomma?” nervously asked by Dara.

“Since you’ll be staying at the camp for three days, please have a time to apply insect repellant. And don’t exhaust yourself too much.” Her mother reminded her, which made her smile. Even if her mother is showing her a very unusual attitude like controlling her, she knew that despite those attitude she use to convey is the care and love she always let her feel.

N-neh eomma.

 

 

 

 

When the breakfast is done, she went back to her room and pack for her things. She remembers the time when she decided to find her real mom and saw her. That was the most unbearable moment of her life. She was barely 15 when she found her mother. The moment she entered her restaurant, she felt like she was about to break-down.

Her mother was so thin and exhaustion is written all over her beautiful face. She really looked like her mother, but she got her eyes and lips from her father. The moment she entered that restaurant, she promised herself that that would be the last time she will see her. She used to think that her mother hate her, for she is a product of sinful act.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Her real mother greeted her. She sat next to the counter were she can clearly see her mother.

She smiled at her, shortly and looks for the food she will order. She’s not used of this kind of food. She doesn’t have an idea on how to choose. All she knew is that she’s here to see her mother. She’s here to satisfy her cravings for… the love she wanted to have.

 

“I-I want your best-seller here.” She nervously said. She met the gaze of the old lady and stiffened. It was as if she was looking to herself, but the older version.

The old lady smiled at her. “Y-you really look familiar.” She commented, which made her nervous. For more. You are looking at your self! But the old lady smiled and shrugs, not minding the idea that came up to her mind. “It is as if I am looking to myself 10 years ago.”

“P-pardon?” she manages to act coolly.

“F-forget about it. Your order will be served 10 minutes later.”

 

The old lady went to the kitchen and cooked for her order. She manages not to cry in front of her. She can feel it, she’s my real mother. But what is bugging her is the fact that she didn’t manage to see her. She didn’t manage to see if she’s happy, if she’s being treated nicely.

She came back with the food she ordered. Dara doesn’t know if she’ll eat them because this will be her very first time to eat something that isn’t cooked by their chef.

The old Lady put the food infront of her and smiles. “C-can I sit with you?” she said. “I-I was thinking of talking to you since you’re alone.”

 

She awkwardly nods. Dara doesn’t know if she’s awkward that someone will sit with her- a stranger and at the same time her real mother. Or she’s awkward because this will be her first time to eat something that is new to her system.

She awkwardly started eating. In the middle of her silent eating, she saw that the old lady is silently watching her too. She awkwardly met her gaze. “W-what is it?”

The old lady smiled and said, “I was thinking that if… if I had a daughter right now, she’ll be with the same age bracket as you. W-well, it’s impossible since I am not married to someone else.”

 

She opens but closed it immediately. She wanted to say that she’s here, that she’s her real daughter. But at the back of her mind, it says that things should be left like that. She’s happy with her family right now and she cannot see herself being with this kind of situation. The wealth she was exposed to since birth is really promising and she don’t know why if she can see herself not into that kind of comfort zone: the wealth, the loving family.

It’s not that she’s really into their wealth but the protection it gives to her is somehow difficult to forget.

 

“Y-You don’t have a-a family?” she asked. Not that she’s curious but… Well, I am curious.

The old lady manages to laugh. “I don’t have one, but I have a daughter.”

 

Daras’ heart pound really hard. As if a bomb was triggered and it was a shock to her when it easily deteriorate. “J-jinja?”

“I have a very beautiful daughter.” The old lady said and smiled at her. “It-it wasn’t really a mistake but I-I gave her to the family of the guy I loved. He’s a family man and what we did is really a sinful act.”


Dara was left there; still silent to the things she wanted to hear before. This is what she has been waiting for right? To hear the truth that her parents don’t want to tell.

 

The old lady continued, “T-the reason I gave her to her father is that, I am afraid that she’ll be someone like me: poor and uneducated. Wi-with her fathers’ shadow, she can easily get what her hearts desires. S-she can easily access quality education. She can be a very beautiful lady wearing elegant dresses and meeting handsome guys. She can be the girl every man wants.

B-but if she’ll stay with me, she’ll be like me: uneducated poor lady. That no matter how hard I try to work 24/7, at the end of the day I’m still the uneducated poor girl.”

 

Dara doesn’t know why she’s crying. She wants to hate her mother for making decision that she doesn’t want. Its not that she doesn’t want the family she was exposed to but she wanted to feel the pain her mother is feeling right now. She wanted to experience everything that she experienced.

She cannot hold the emotion anymore. She stands up and get the money. She put it in the table and manages to walk. “M-miss, y-your food is—“

“I-I have to go.”

“B-but your change—“

“K-keep it.”

 

She walked and tried her best not to sob. When she got out of the restaurant, the tears she’s been keeping fall and she can’t help it. She doesn’t have an idea how her mother went through. She’s too skinny and she looked like she’s really sick.

 

E-eomma…” she manages to say it.

“M-miss you left--- a-are you okay? Why are you crying?”

Daras’ eyes widened as she saw the old lady is standing beside her. The worried expression is visible all over her face and she doesn’t know why she’s portraying that expression.

“Th-there’s s-something that got into my eyes.” The old lady nods and then handed her the change. “I-I told you to keep—“

“I’m not that poor to have a very large tip from you.”

“P-please…” Dara said, trying to sound like begging.

“If you want to give this to me, then come back and eat here again.”

 

 

 

 

A knock from the outside made Dara woke-up from memories that flashed on her thoughts. “Come in.” she said.  And to her shock she saw her mother entered the room. “E-eomma.”

 

Mrs. Park entered the room of her daughter with one goal: to discuss something about Lee Donghae. “How are you?”

“H-huh?”

“How are you and your school stuffs?”

“I-I’m doing well eomma. I’m getting on top again.”

“That’s good.” Mrs. Park said. “Now let me ask you Dara.”

“Y-yes eomma.

“This Kwon Jiyong… is he your boyfriend?”

 

Daras’ eyes widened and she was very shock upon hearing her mothers’ remark. She wanted to explain so she opened but no words let-out from it. She doesn’t know why.

Mrs. Park confirmed the bodyguard’s words. Even if Dara is inside the school premises’, she was still surrounded with bodyguards.

 

“I’d like to remind you that you are engaged to Lee Donghae and the announcement will be during Christmas Vacation.” Mrs. Park said, firmly.

Dara doesn’t know why her mother was being like this. It’s such a ridiculous idea to have an arrange marriage when feelings aren’t involve. I don’t have feelings for Lee Donghae! She wanted to blurt it out but she cannot do it.

“B-but—“

“You’re still young Dara and thinking about relationships with someone else is too huge for you to handle it.”

“Then, arrange marriage is easy to handle huh?”

“D-dara…”

“I-I don’t have feelings for Lee Donghae eomma…

“You didn’t try—“

“I tried it! God knows I tried my best to like him but you see, I don’t have feelings for him. I cannot see him as the one I am marrying.”

“And you’re seeing this Kwon Jiyong as the one you’ll marry?”

 

Dara looked away. Honestly, she cannot see herself marrying someone else as of now. The thing is, ‘marriage’ is a big concept she cannot handle. That thing is too much. All she wanted to do is act like her age and be normal. Being a daughter of billionaire-parents and family is a big pressure and not a normal stuff to her.

 

“N-no.”

“Then, try—“

“Stop it mother! I’ve had enough of your manipulations!”

“Sandara Park!” Mrs. Park said, horrified. Never did her daughter raise a voice towards her. “D-did you just shout at me?”

“I-I’m sorry eomma. It-it’s just that, I don’t want to think about those stuffs at this early age. I’m still high school mom and those ideas you wanted me to eat-up is… is making me crazy. I wanted to have a normal life, dating someone else and have fun.”

 

Mrs. Park cannot see the logic to it but she tries her best to understand her daughter. “I’m still giving you three-days to think about it Dara. You have three more days to know more Lee Donghae.”

 

Mrs. Park went out of the room. Dara slowly sat down to her bed and covered her face using her hands. I must decide on my own…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So everyone is already here, right?” Teacher Taeyang asked the students.

All graduating students were here: from class-A, class-B and Nobi Society. The school usually doesn’t support this kind of activity since it will be dangerous to the students. Since they’re not the usual normal students, chances are there’ll be lapses and activities that they wouldn’t want like camp fire and training. But Taeyang insisted it to his father, President Yang, since this will be another experience for these young rich kids of Soule. Ahh, also to shake Lee Donghae. I almost forgot that…

 

“Sir, where are we heading?” one from the class-B asked.

“Have you watched Wrong Turn?”

“Waaaah! We’ll be going to the place were cannibals live?” one from class-B blab, making other student frightened too.

“Silly, we’re heading to North—“

“—Korea?”

“No! We’re heading to North and go to the camp site the school owns.”

 

Everybody cheered with too much enthusiasm. Even if this will be their first time to have a camping in the real camp site, a lot of them were excited to be team-up with other students. The selection of team members will be draw lots and each team will comprise of 4 members of class-A, class-B and from Nobi Society.

“So everyone, go back to the bus assigned to you so that we can travel now.”

 

Donghae watched Dara who’s smiling and talking to Kwon Jiyong. With gritted teeth, he was about to approach them when Park Bom approached him with a kiss on his cheek.

“How are you Donghae?” Park Bom asked. “I’ve missed—yaaah!”

“Get away from me!” Donghae said. He looked at Dara and Jiyong who’s now walking towards the bus while holding each others’ hands.

“Aww, jealous?”

“Shut up!” Donghae said, furiously. He doesn’t know if he’s mad because Dara is with Jiyong or the fact that Jiyong can show what he really feel towards Dara. Either of the two, the fact that he’s fuming mad right now is the real issue.

“I hope we’re teammate. Along with your knights.”

“So you still believe that you’re the queen of this game, uh?”

Park Bom smiled. “Of course my dear!”

“Well, to be honest, the game changed. The battle is not the same.”

“Hmmm.” Bom said, teasingly. “But you can still use me.”

“W-what do you mean?”

“I know a lot of things about you Lee Donghae. You cannot easily dispose Park Bom like that, remember that.”

 

 

A/N: Please comment all the stuffs that’s bugging you or holes of the story. I forgot the whole story concept (and have less time to back-read the whole story) so that I can fill them now. Don’t want to end the story with lots of questions from the bebe-readers. :>

Will update later. I’m very tired yesterday and doesn’t have strength to type an update. Mianhe~~