Chapter Twenty-eight

Nothing Last Forever

Dara woke up from a long sleep. She saw she’s inside a room. It was empty, it was dark. She felt like her head is spinning and she tries to remember what happen to her awhile ago.

They were playing the amazing race and she was looking for the sack for her team when she felt that someone is on her back. And she was right, someone is in her back. She don’t know if he’s a he or a she but that someone put a handkerchief on . At first she thought that it was just a prank. That someone is a stranger. But when she felt that the handkerchief smells awful she wanted to scream but then, everything seems unclear and blurry…

“So, the Queen is awake!”

Dara looked around only to see an empty place. She’s not afraid of the dark but upon hearing that stranger voice, she can’t help but get a goosebumps. She looked around and tried her best to act normal but she’s really frightened.

“W-who are you?”

“How are you, Sandara Park?” that person asked, not even minding her question. She heard laughter and it frightens her more. As if that laughter is a demonic laugh. “Ahh, how does it feel to be the Queen of my game?”

“W-Who are you? Ho-how did you know about me?” she wanted to cry but she can’t. She’s afraid that if she let that person saw how vulnerable she was, it will make her more afraid of him. Or he will use it against her.

“You are Sandara Park! I choose you to be the Queen of my game.” Dara left dumbfounded.

“What are you talking about? Wha-what game are you saying?”

Then, she heard again the laughter. The lights and she immediately closes her eyes for her. When she opened it, her eyes immediately adjust to the light occupying the room. The room she’s occupying is a mirror room. She can see her reflection everywhere.

And there, she saw a man sitting in front of her. His legs were crossed and he’s smiling from ear to ear. And it’s creeping her out.

“W-who are you?” she asked.

The smile on his face widened. The man stands up and walks slowly towards her. He has a blond hair and his eyes were cold. Cold enough that it enters her system making her frighten. When he’s already in front of her, he lean forward and smiles. “I am the alpha of this game. And you are the Queen.”

Alpha? Queen? She was confused to the conversation they’re sharing right now. “W-what are you talking about? W-who are you? What’s your real name?”

“Aww, so sad I cannot tell you my real name.” he said, still the smile on his face cannot be erased. She noticed that even if he’s smiling, a creepy smile, she can see that his eyes are empty and cold.

“W-why are you doing this to me? I-I don’t know you and I-I don’t think I made something that—“

He cut her words “Everyone in this world is innocent! You have done nothing against me and I will not harm you in any ways Sandara Park. I am here, with you to watch a game. Do you like playing chess?”

“W-what?”

“We will watch my human chess game Sandara. But the game has no queen because the queen is sitting next to me.”

“I-I don’t understand….”

“You will understand this soon. So, I gotta go. My chess pieces were looking for me.”

 

 

 

“Dara!”

“Dara!”

Jiyong is panting really hard. His hands were on his knees and he’s already tired of shouting her name. He cannot see her and he’s afraid that Dara is in the hands of Donghae! That rascal! I will kill him with my bare hands!

He was searching for Dara for about an hour and still, no traces of her. He went back to the head quarters when he saw Lee Donghae starring at her. A smirk on his face is visible making Jiyong furious. He holds his collar and with gritted teeth, he punches him.

“Where is she?!” he yelled. Lucky enough that no one is in the head quarters since the game is still ongoing. “Where is she Lee Donghae?!” he asked again.

Donghae just smirked. “What are you talking about?”

“You know what I am talking about, rascal! Where is Dara?” he said. He wanted to punch him and kill him right now but he cannot do it. Dara is still not safe. “Where is Dara?!”

Donghae smirked but he manages to hold Jiyongs hand and push him. He fixes his shirt and looked at him. “I own her first Kwon Jiyong. Or should I say, GD, uh?”

“You !”

Jiyong punches Donghae making him roll on the floor. He sits on his abdomen and started punching him hard. Donghae just smiled, accepting those punches from him. For Donghae, no matter how hard his punches could be, he still cannot do anything. He has Dara.

“You son of a !”

Donghae laughed then smirked. “Don’t call yourself GD. You are the son of a . You’re a bastard, right? You came from a and viola, a GD is alive! Kwon Jiyong-ssi, don’t say words that will reflect to you.”

Jiyong despise the idea that he’s a son of a . He’s not a real son of President Yang. I’m a son of a ! That idea is keep on repeating on his thought like a mantra and he hated it.

Donghae stands up, even if his body is aching. His face is full of his blood but he doesn’t mind. His lips are swollen as well as his eyes. Too bad, Jiyong is very vulnerable. He just threw his first move. He’s a weak opponent. Tsk.

“I know you Jiyong. You’re not a real Noye in this school because you are the illegitimate son of the school President! How ironic life can be.”

“Stop!”

“Your whole identity is just a lie! Think about it, all this time you were treated here as a Noye when in fact, you must be in the class-A. It’s a sad thing that you’re a son of a school President and yet, you’re just a nobody in the school.”

“Just stop it!”

Jiyong punches again his face but this time, all the restrictions he’s been holding were gone. He punches him really hard but seeing that Donghae is still wearing a smirk on his face makes him more irritated.

“I’m not a son of a !  I am Kwon Jiyong!”

“You’re lost!” Donghae punch him and this time, Jiyong is now being pucnh by Donghae. “You have two identity and you don’t know who you are. Are you the son of the school President or you’re just Kwon Jiyong? Tell me, who are you? Who’s the real you?”

“Just shut up!” Jiyong yelled back. “Just shut up bastard!”

“Everything about you is just a lie!”

“Shut up!” Jiyong punches Donghae really hard. “Just shut the up! you!”

All of a sudden, TOP and Seungri came. They retrained Jiyong away from Donghae. TOP is holding Jiyong while Seungri is holding Donghae. Both of them saw Jiyong and Donghaes’ face. This is not part of the plan both of them though and they wanted to punch Jiyong for being impulsive.

Donghae still wears a smirk on his face even if his face is swollen with to many punches he got from Jiyong. He spit saliva on the ground and gets himself away from Seungri. “Aww, the Knights are here. How are you, s?”

TOP let go of Jiyong and punches Donghae on the face. TOP smirked and said “That’s for making me pissed of for the whole duration of this mission.”

“Choi Seunghyun!” Seungri beamed. “We’re not included in the mission!” he faced Donghae and unch his face.

“We’re not included in the mission!”

“Where is my cousin?” Seungri asked Donghae. Donghae is very tired so he wanted to close his eyes but Seungri stopped him by shaking him. “Where the hell is Sandara?”

“Sandara? My beautiful Sandara. My Queen.” Donghae keep on saying making Jiyong growl and get away from TOPs hands.

“ you!”

“Stop it Kwon Jiyong!”

“She’s not yours to begin with!” Jiyong shouted at him but it was useless because Donghae just smirked. “She’s inlove with me. Dara is my Queen! You’re just one of hell obsess with her! you!”

“But she didn’t know that you’re only using her against me. I love her, and you’re just using her!” Donghae said mockingly towards Jiyong. “You think I don’t know your relationship with Taeyang huh? You think I don’t know that you’re here because you wanted to get even with me because of what I did to your brother few years ago?”

Seungri, TOP and Jiyong gasped. They saw how Donghae smirked and continued, “So you really think I don’t have an idea uh? I knew it bastards! I don’t know why I haven’t noticed your faces before. All the sudden things that is happening. I connected the pieces and I saw it. You’re here to avenge your coward brother!”

“ you!” Jiyong started to punch Donghaes’ face again. “ you! I will kill you ! I will kill you!”

“Enough!”

Jiyong stopped upon hearing that voice. He looked around and saw that he’s really here. Standing in front of them wearing his smirk. His eyes widened and his hands were shaking. This is not true! This is not true!

“A-alpha!” TOP and Seungri said.

The alpha walked towards them and tsk-ed. This is not what he expects to be the turn of events.  He wanted to play but the members of this Knight are very impatient. “I thought Betta is as calm as the sea!”

“W-who are you?” Donghae asked. His face is very familiar and he cannot remember where he saw him. Those blonde hair and cold, expression-less eyes. His eyes widened upon realizing the person infront of him. “Y-You—“

“I am your biggest nightmare, Lee Donghae…” he said in a very cold voice. The alpha smirked upon seeing the frightened face of Lee Donghae. He’s already used to that but still; it’s giving him a euphoric feeling seeing how people get frightened upon seeing his smirk.

“I saw the Queen of my game.” Jiyong gasp and Seungri shaken. The alpha laughed and faces them, “She’s really beautiful and indeed, I am happy upon seeing her. I choose the right Queen for the game, right?”

Jiyong was silent as well as the others. They don’t have the rights to ask questions or question the alphas’ words and decisions.

“What did you do to her? How did you find her?” Donghae asked, bravely. He makes sure that he kept Dara in a place where no one can see her. He will go back to her and make it the situation like he saved her from dangerous people. “How the hell did you find her?!”

The alpha just laughed. “I have connections. I have an eye on you, Lee Donghae. What you did to my co-Knights is a very bad doing. Tsk tsk tsk. You want to die?”

Donghaes’ face was full of horror and his body shaken. He’s shaking for his life and the way this guy is looking him is like a sun ray: piercing and it’s dangerous.

“You almost killed my brother, Youngbae few years ago.” The alpha said, still looking at Donghae with a smirk. It really fascinates him how people in this society get frightened. “As the alpha of this team, I make sure that the plan is going well.”

“A-alpha…” TOP said. “W-what do you mean?”

“I changed the plans.”

“W-what?” Seungri asked, confused. “W-why?”

“The first plan is just to frighten him right? Well, I changed it. I want to kill him.” He smirked. “I want to see how he screams for his life. What could that be? Does it creates a beautiful sound? What do you think?”

Jiyong along with TOP and Seungri were shock upon hearing the new plan. The first plan is to just play human chess game, to use Dara as a bait for Donghae and frighten him. But kill Donghae? They’re not even killers!

“A-alpha…”

“No! Please, no!” Donghae screamed. “Please, don’t kill me!” he’s begging for his life. The way this guy infront of him stand and say those words, he can feel it that  he can really do it.

The alpha put out his knife and smirked, “What does it feel if I put this thing on you face?” he the knife on Donghaes face amking Donghae shake.

“Alpha!” Suengri along with TOP shouted. Jiyong is just watching them and didn’t even manage to move.

“P-please! I’m begging you!” Donghae pleaded. “I-I will do anything just—Ahhh!”

“How about if I put this thing on your neck?” he trace the knife on Donghaes neck making Donghae scream again. “Or how about in your chest? Does this thing really hurt?”

Donghaes face is full of blood and tears. He doesn’t know why he’s into this situation. “Please I’m begging you.”

“Taeyang begged and then you didn’t even bother to spare him his life. You gave him bull and you didn’t bother.” He smirked, “You’re one lucky bastard that I don’t want my hands to be as dirty as you are. I don’t play dirty Lee Donghae but one thing is for sure you will pay for this.”

Donghae is shaking and his crying really hard. “Please, please I’m begging you. Don’t kill me.”

The alpha laughed. “Oh, you peed on your pants.”

“A-alpha.” Seungri said, “Where is my cousin?”

“She’s okay.” The alpha said. “Jiyong fix this thing. I don’t want to see his face again. Peeing in the pants? Geeez, he’s really frightened huh? I’m just using a toy knife given to me by my sister. Tsk.”

 

 

 

Dara is silently crying. She saw everything. She heard everything. She wanted to ask Jiyong why and how and why but she doesn’t know how to start. All the things she heard. And now she’s starting to have doubts.

Does the feeling he portrays for her is part of his plan?

The room is a two-way mirror and she saw Donghae and Jiyong outside along with his cousin and Seunghyun. She was crying for the things she learned right now.

 

The sudden appearance of Kwon Jiyong in her life.
The sudden comeback of Taeyang
The sudden turn of events.

 

Everything. And it pains a lot. A lot.

The room opened then she saw her cousin Park Bom. She was crying and runs to her, hurriedly.

“Dara-unnie!” she called out. “Mianhe. Mianhe unnie.”

She looked at her and now everything is clear to her. She also knew this thing.

“Y-you know this?”

“I-I’m sorry.”

“B-but why?” it sounds like a whisper and it made Bom cry for more. “W-Why is this happening? W-why Bom?”

“I protected you from Donghae. He-he’s obsessed with you!”

“Why you didn’t tell me?”

“Because I care for you unnie.”

She felt numb and all. She felt like a crumpled paper. She wanted to scream and ask her cousin why they are doing this to her. All of this. This is not what she wanted.

It is clear to her.

 

Jiyong used her to have revenge against Donghae.
Donghae almost killed Youngbae.
Youngbae cannot see her because of that.
Bom use to treat her bad just to save her from Donghae.

 

She cried her heart out because of the things that is happening. This is not the life I wanted to live…

 

 

A/N: Comment your thoughts guys! Even the slightest confusion from you. :>