Chapter Fifteen

Nothing Last Forever

The next day, all of the students in Sequel University are very busy with their preparation for the upcoming foundation day. This is a once a year experience and every year, the student body council, most especially the president, makes sure that the event is the most memorable event of the whole calendar of activities in the school.

Being the school student council president, Seungri is making sure that every detail of the program flow is well planned: from lights, food caterings, activities and even the slightest possible errors that will happen on the whole duration of program. Being him as a manipulative-control freak he was, its just a little extend of effort for him to have things being double or triple checked.

Dara is with Seungri while planning the stuffs for the foundation day next Monday. Today is Thursday and the whole student body council as well as the classroom officers is having their last day checking of the activities they will do. All of the classroom officers were gathered, together with the student council to patch-up some errors and change little stuff that is not necessary for the whole program.

Seungri is seating next to Dara, facing the other students with a very serious facial expression. He’s much tensed compared to the others is because of too much pressure coming from their Uncle Yang “For class-B section G. Change the theme of your cafeteria.”

The President of section G, Huang Zi Tao tensed. He’s a 3rd year class president from class-B and for him, being a member of the council who plans everything about the upcoming foundation day is an honor. But hearing him being reprimanded in front of other classroom presidents’ of the school is very embarrassing. “P-pardon sunbae?”

“I want you to change the theme of your cafeteria.” Seungri stated with finality on his tone. Oh crap! I hope his tiny brain will grasp this sentence. He thought while looking at the 3rd year class-B president who’s now tensed. “The cross-dressing theme kind of café is too mainstream and I don’t want to degrade some of the dignity of my fellow upper-class. Men don’t cross-dress most especially real men.”

Tao, who wants to persuade the student council president, just sigh. “My fellow classmates agreed to this Sunbae. C-Can you give us a chance to prove to you that the café we’ll be having is a great choice.”

Dara searched for the particular pair of eyes but haven’t seen him since the day he went to their house. Are you okay Jiyong?

“What section are you with?” Seungri asked, slightly irritated. Too persuasive! Why do other people want to push their limits and not just be submissive to have a harmonious life?

Dara scanned the papers in front of them. “They’re with section M from class-B, section O and C from class-A and section Z and Y from Nobi Society.” She said, “And as far as I know, class-C has Luhan.”

“Luhan the soccer player?” Seungri asked. He heard a lot of things from Luhan.

Tao nodded. “The blonde-haired Luhan.”

Seungri nods, trying to grasp the idea of having a cross-dressed café for the foundation. All in all, the foundation day has 5 optional café to be specific and the additional 1 café is quite many for a one-day celebration. But knowing that this group has Luhan as a member, he thinks that it is good to have a little experiment for the success of the foundation day. No error should be done this time.

“Okay, I am giving you my go signal. Please use Luhan wisely; he’s an asset to your group.” Seungri said in finality making Tao grin. I hope this is not the source of failure… Seungri said to himself.

 

 

The meeting ended after an hour. For other class president it is exhausting and they call it a day, but for Seungri and Dara it isn’t. They headed to each class’s booth and inspect it: the durability of their booths, the availability and the capacity of each of them. After inspecting it and give some final instructions’, they headed towards the school presidents’ office and reported all the things they’ve discuss awhile ago and summarize it to him.

“All in all, we have 5% chance of having an unsuccessful event.” Seungri said with formality to their uncle Yang. They’re not here as their nephew and niece but as a Student Body President and as a School Representative. “Every class manages to have a good concept about their booth and all of them are very cooperative. Almost all of them were finished with their booths as of now and after inspecting all of it, I am satisfied to it.”

Mr. Yang studied the paper both Seungri and Dara handed to him. For him, the school activities were well planned. Even the slightest information was stated. He gave them an assuring smile. “Job well done Seungri and Dara. I hope no errors to be on done that day. I am expecting a lot from this team.”

Both Seungri and Dara smiled and let out a sigh. “You’re giving me too much pressure Mr. President.” Seungri stated.

“Why? Is it because this is your last year in Sequel?”

Seungri shook his head. “The mere fact that you are our uncle and you are expecting a lot from us gives pressure and heavy load.”

“He’s just being baby Uncle.” Dara stated, trying to cut the awkward and heavy ambiance. “He’s graduating and the power he’s holding right now will soon be given to someone else. Seungri loves power and fame and he’s afraid that after graduation, he’s heading to square one.”

Seungri pouted. “Yeah, yeah.”

Mr. Yang smile. “Well, this should be the best foundation day the Sequel University students must experience. I don’t want errors Seungri.”

“Crap! Now he’s being serious again.” Seungri stated making the other two laughs.

 

 

 

 

The foundation day came and the whole Student Body Council is tensed, most especially Seungri. The team makes sure that everything is good. Since it is an open-event, the security is very tight and every person who comes-in and comes-out of the school vicinity was being checked.

All students from Sequel University were at the school gymnasium. The sitting arrangement is still the same: front rows were from the class-A, second row is from class-B and the last rows were from Nobi Society. The SC President is giving his opening remarks. Even though he’s tensed, Seungri still manage to be as witty as he can.

“This is my last year in this school and my team gives our best shot to the success of this event, so, enjoy the day guys.”

 

 

 

The whole event is accompanied with a beat of fun. The weather is fine and the ambiance of the school is very happy. From the security team of the school, Seungri keeps an eye to the whole event. He watches the whole school via CCTV cameras planted in every corner of the school. Along with him is his friend-Kwon Jiyong.

“I saw him with her at the cafeteria.” Seungri stated with his eyes still focused on the cameras. “They’re together for the whole day, since the opening.”

His friend let out a sigh. “Do you think that the target is really in love with the subject?” Jiyong asked. He doesn’t know why he asked that question to him.

“GD, the target is being close with the subject since the day… the target enrolled to this school.” Seungri said, “The target must be trapped-down so that the mission will end this year. The mission is getting too far.”

GD smiled. “The mission will end soon. Too soon that we wouldn’t notice is did happen.”

“Could we… could we give Taeyang the justice he wanted?” Seungri stated. “The day he disappear and appear in front of the station with full of blood… do you really think that the group of Donghae did that?”

GD, with gritted teeth and eyes full of anger mumbled. “Affirmative. Donghae nearly killed our brother Taeyang 4 years ago. And I wouldn’t let this chance go. Not this time, brother…”

 

 

 

Donghae is with Dara the whole day. Since both of them are the classroom officers and part of the team who roams around the campus and checks if there are problems. The event is so far, so good. The team didn’t encounter a problem- a major problem- that would lead to failure. The clock strikes 4 o’clock and the event is now getting started.

Dara is now holding a bottled mineral water and heading towards the Nobi Societies booth. This day, there’s no Noye, class-A and class-B students. All of them were equal and that’s the reason why Daras’ smile cannot be fade. The mere fact that the school rules is getting mellow and letting this day happen is a positive sign.

“Dara, would you like some Ice Cream?” Dongha asked. He saw an ice cream booth near them and he wanted to give Dara one. He knew that Dara loves’ Ice Cream. “I hope you still like Vanilla flavor.”

Dara smile and then nod. “3 scoops please.”

Donghae left Dara for awhile. He wanted to ask Dara is she wanted to be his for the school Dance the day after tomorrow. It is an annual dance for every student prepared by the school. Even though it is a win-win situation, asking Dara as his since they’re already engaged, he still wanted it to be as formal as he wants. They’re not ‘offically’ dating since they haven’t talk about it since the day both of them knew they’re already engaged. I’ll tell her about my plans later….

All of a sudden, people were running and giggling. Donghae looked up. It’s raining… He looked back to see if Dara is running towards him but, the crowd is covering her way. And he cannot see Dara anymore.

 

 

Dara is patiently waiting for Donghae when all of a sudden, rain is slightly pouring. She giggled and smile. She saw that it is the Nobi Society’s idea. She closed her eyes and smile. It reminds me of my best childhood. She raised his hand and feels the rain pouring on her body. As of the moment, she felt like she’s free. The way she spread her arms and feels the rain.

She opened her eyes when she saw that someone grabbed her arms and pulls her to run. And when she open her eyes, she saw that she’s now running because of Kwon Jiyong.

“H-hey!” she giggled. I don’t know why I’m so happy right now. “Long time no see!” Jiyong didn’t respond. He’s just concentrating and just run, as if being chased by some people. “Hey, Kwon Jiyong!”

Jiyong gave a glance at her and saw that she’s serious. “What?”he asked.

“Why are we even running?” she asked.

“Because they are chasing us.” He answered and run as fast as he can.

Dara looked at her back and saw some Noyes’ chasing them. She doesn’t know why they are being chased but seeing how those prosthetics on their face looks really bad on them- Oh they’re playing as Zombies- making her run for her life.

 

“Zombie Land: Zombie Invasion on duty. Targets: couples. Again, the target of the zombies are couples.”

 

Oh crap! Couples? Were not even--- “Oh my god! Oh my god!” she screamed. She saw that they are being trapped-down by the zombies. She knew that those were just students from the Nobi Society and not a real zombie but the way the prosthetics were—Scary! Scary! Scary!

Jiyong holds her hand tightly. He wouldn’t let those ugly ‘Zombies’ touch them. He clasps their hands and intertwined them, holding it firmly. “Do you trust me?” Jiyong asked the scared Dara on his side.

Dara nodded, not even minding the electrifying feeling she felt the moment their hands intertwined. “Of course, I trust you Jiyong…”

Jiyong suppress a smile. “Then, let’s run for our lives!”

 

 

They’re now at the school grounds again: away from the Nobi Societies creepy Zombie Invasion. The event is still ongoing despite of having a ‘crazy’ all-of-a-sudden rain created by the Nobi Society. They are gasping for air since they’ve run at least 1 kilometer just to get away with those crazy zombies. Stupid zombies! Jiyong thought.

 Jiyong slightly squeeze daras’ hands and smiled, “Never run like that huh?”

Dara smiled back. “That was fun!”

“Fun? You almost fainted when you saw those creepy faces.” Jiyong stated, trying to smirk but in the end, he smiled. “You keep on blabbing ‘Oh my gee! Oh my gee!’ while we’re being chased—“

“Yaah!” Dara interrupted his sentence, “I was scared, you know.”

Jiyong pinch her cheeks making Dara flush. Stop it! Pabo! She thought but at the back of her mind, the butterflies on her stomach are jittering. Not this time! Not this time! Jiyong let out a handkerchief to wipe the elements of water on her face. “But you look so cute while we’re running. With your nose flaring—aww! Aww! Sandara Park!”

“You little pabo!” she stated, almost teary eye. “I was scared and all and—“

She was cut on her midsentence because of Jiyongs’ arms on her body. “I’m just joking.”

“P-pabo.” She stated.

She thought, Why am I feeling like this? The way her heart pound and the way those gummy bears eating her intestines—it all seems odd. She cannot define her feelings for him. She cannot define her feelings towards Kwon Jiyong at this early stage. But she knew what she felt is beyond her limits. She cannot fall for Jiyong.

“I have something to say…” Jiyong said, still hugging each other. “Please, don’t get mad at me.”

“S-sure. What is it?”

“Can you be my partner?”

“H-huh?”

“The day after tomorrow is the annual dance prepared by school, w-would you like to be my partner Sandara?” Jiyong asked, hoping.

Her eyes widened. H-her? The thought of having Jiyong as her partner in the annual dance is beyond what she really expects. She wanted to say ‘Yes’ but she thought that if she allows him to be her partner, is a sign that she allowed him to enter her system. That allowing him as her partner means that from that day, she recognizes the feeling she doesn’t want to acknowledge.

“J-jiyong I-I—“

Jiyong let Dara go and smiled. The sudden loss of those embrace is like a puzzle for her. “It’s okay Dara.”

“J-Jiyo—“

“The hesitation from your voice signals that you’re not allowing me. It’s okay.”

Jiyong walks away with a sad smile on his face. But I didn’t say that I’ll give up that easily…

 

 

 

Donghae saw Dara at the center part of the grounds.

“Dara!” he walks towards her and pat her on her shoulder. “I’ve been looking at you since those Noyes’ let out a slight rain on their field. Hey—hey Dara. Are you listening?”

Dara slightly smiled at him. “Y-yes Donghae.”

“I am formally asking you to be my partner for the dance the day after tomorrow.”

“E-eh?”

“I already asked you mother and she said yes.” Donghae said, with full smiles. “I really thought that your mom wouldn’t….”

Everything seems ambiguous to Daras’ ear. After all, it’s still Donghae…