Chapter Eight

Nothing Last Forever

Lot’s of things are happening to Daras’ life for the past 3 weeks that it felt like 3 weeks were like months’ of experiences: her engagement to Lee Donghae, Boms’ revelation and her having a Noye. For a normal student, this seems crazy little joyride of happenings but for her, it’s a one hell experience.

First grading period is fast approaching and few students are cramming for their review. Her batch mates were also cramming since all of them wanted to graduate in time. Projects and examinations were their concern. She’s silently standing and waiting at the hallway, at hallway-13, for Kwon Jiyong- her Noye.

 

“Dara!” he heard him called her name.

Though the enthusiasm is audible in his tone while he called her name, he’s still wearing a monotonous facial expression. She rolled her eyes towards him and walked.

 

“Kwon GD Jiyong.” She mumbled, still wearing a cheerful smile.

“Yes, Sandara Park?”

“Argh, don’t use that tone at me, you little dongsaeng!

 

GD lean closer towards her and pat her head, making her rolled her eyes with too much frustration. “You know that I hate the way you touch my hair.”

“And you know I like to touch your hair.” He said, teasingly. “So, should we review for your examinations master?”

 

Dara nod and walked towards the hallway-12, the hallway where the bridge that connects the building of Class-A and Class-B is located. She silently walked but her thoughts were flying. She remembers so well that last year, she, Bom and Seunghyun used to go to the library and review for the exams. Yet now, she’s the only one doing that stunt. Seunghyun is now with his new master while Bom skipped classes for weeks now and having a therapy for her depression. And the thought of her cousin saddens her.

 

“Hey.” A gentle squeeze of her shoulder made her come back to her senses. “You okay?” Though he’s wearing a monotonous expression, she can see that behind those facial expression is a caring man that cares for her- even if they just barely knew each other.

“I’m okay.” She slightly curves her lips upward, to assure him that she’s okay.

 

GD knew that his master is not on the mood. She’s having a hard time on focusing on her studies because of her cousin- Park Bom. He heard that Bom is having a depression and now having a therapy outside the district, making her sadder because she can’t visit her. He can feel that she’s really fond of her cousin- though he can feel that the feeling is not mutual. The way Park Bom stare at Dara- an evident of a sly emotion.

 

“First thing first, what is your subject for tomorrow?” he asked, trying his best to be enthusiastic but he failed. I can’t be as cheerful as she was…

“I don’t want to study.” She mumbled.

 

All she want to do is go home, sleep and think of the possible solution that she can to see if her cousin is okay. Their communication was cut and she’s very aware that she’s avoiding her in many ways.

 

“Then, what do you want to do?”  He asked. “If you won’t study, you won’t excel anymore.”

“I… “

“You don’t care? Are you sure?” GD accused her, trying to catch her. “I know you’re not that competitive when it comes to academics. You’re pure intelligent. You should hold on to your title and don’t let your problems pull you down Dara.”

“It’s easy for you to say that because you’re not on my shoe…”

Trust me Dara, I’ve been there…” GD mumbled, making his eyes darkens as he remembers the scenes that keep on replaying on his mind.

 

Dara was momentarily shocked but in the end, let out her deep breath. She’s now having a hard time on concentrating on her studies. “So, what subject is the easiest?” she cheerfully said, without the trace of the Dara awhile ago. GD smiled.

 

 

 

It’s been 3 hours since they started their review. It’s a one day free cut for all of the students.  Lot’s of them were reviewing for their subjects because tomorrow will be the start of their so-called hell-week.

GD stretched his arms upward and slightly twisted his head. It’s already 11 AM and he should be eating by now. And yet, he’s stuck here at the library together with sleeping Sandara Park. They were at the last corridor of the general library and they were only few students studying in this area. GD silently watched Dara who’s now peacefully sleeping, and he can’t help it but smile.

They’ve only spent their noye-master time for 3 times already: during the first 2 days of school and today. Yet, he felt like he had known her like a year already. The idea of her being his master , at first. He loath the idea of being a Noye. It’s like he let himself being controlled by others- other people whom he knew can take advantage towards him. But seeing her master the way she treat him made him smile for awhile. She’s not like the other Class-A students’ his co-Noye keep on ranting about. Sandara Park is different…

 

He saw that her phone vibrated, which is at the top of their table. He saw that there’s a picture of the caller: it was Lee Donghae- the Class-As’ second top-performing student. The phone keeps on vibrating and it’s annoying him- and he doesn’t want Dara to be awakened by that sound.

 

What you gonna do then? He asked himself. You gonna answer the phone? Turn it off? Or just let it that way?

 

He caught himself holding Daras’ phone and answered the call.

“Hey Dara, have you eaten your lunch?”

“I-its not Dara. It’s her Noye, Kwon Jiyong.” He answered, trying his best to be civil.

 

Donghae, from the other line, frown. He knew that Dara got a Noye but he didn’t know that they’re together as of the moment. “Can I speak to her?”

“She’s sleeping as of the moment. Would you like to leave a message?” GD casually asked. He doesn’t know why but he felt like a bit of protective of his master.

“Sleeping?” Donghae asked. He doesn’t want to be a malicious guy but images of Dara and the Noye is flashing on his mind. What are they doing? Crap!

“At the library.” GD directly answered the silent question from the other line.

 

Donghae nod, for approval. “Please tell her that I called.”

“Sure.” Then he hangs up. He put her phone back on the table and continued reading like nothing happened.

 

 

Dara woke up with a numb feeling on her arms and feet. A sting sensation. Crap! Cramps! A disoriented facial expression is now evident on her newly-waken face. She slept at the library table. Another form of misconduct!

 

“You okay?” GD asked, though he knew that it’s because of the cramps.

“I-I’m not fine. I hate cramps.” She mutters. “What time is it?”

“Past 12.” He answered. “You didn’t review your lessons.”

“I can review after lunch.” She said. “How I wish I didn’t sleep.”

“Still stingy?” GD asked, with full concern. He holds her leg making Dara arch because of the sting sensation. “I guess you’re leaving me with no choice.”

“H-huh?”

 

GD bend down in front of her. “Piggyback ride.”

“N-no. I-I can’t do that.” Dara refused to. “It’s a shameful act. It’s against the school rules.”

“What’s wrong with helping my master?” GD reasoned out. “Its already past 12 and we should get back here at 1 for another set of review. I’m very hungry and I know you too so please, if you can’t walk I have to do this.”

 

Dara, with a bewildered facial expression left with no choice but to let him do it. She’s not into this kind of skinship. Yet, being carried by GD made her heart warm. Argh! My cramps are affecting my feelings. Crap!

They went out of the library. Dara buried her face on GDs’ neck because of too much embarrassment. This is the first time that she let herself be embarrassed like this. Weird glances were darted to them since a Noye is carrying his master. When they’re already at the school cafeteria, Daras’ feet were not that numb anymore, though it still have a sting sensation.

 

“What do you want to eat?” GD asked. “The food that is being served is few and I don’t have an idea about your food preferences. By chance, do you have allergies?”

Dara slightly shook her head. “I don’t have one. I’d like to eat chicken sandwich.”

“A sandwich? For lunch?” GD asked. “Are sure? You are using your brain for the whole day Dara and now you’re only eating sandwiches? Are you out of your mind?”

“I’m sure about this. I want—“

“—Forget about it.”

 

GD walk towards the school cook and asked for him to cook food for them. Dara is quite confused because GD talks to the personnel like they’ve known each other already. GD went back with lot of fruits on their tray. But what catches most Daras’ attention is the mango in it.

 

“You want some?” GD teased. Dara nod. “Then, eat rice and I’ll give you this one.”

“Okay.” Dara mumbled. She loves mangoes, most especially if they were dipped in a cream.

 

For the first time in her life, she managed to eat food without being threatened, by his cousin Seungri, or without pleasing someone else, her mother.