Chapter Twenty-one

Nothing Last Forever

Dara stares at Kwon Jiyong. She didn’t see this coming after the annual dance kiss and make-up. For her, it was the best memory she had ever since she went to Sequel University. Everything to her seems vivid and she only remembers that. The moment Jiyong told her that he cannot possibly like her, her whole world crashed and as much as she wanted to break-down, she cannot do it. And as much as she wanted to hate Jiyong, for making her fall that hard, she cannot do it because her feelings for him is strong.

“You’re just lying.” Dara said, shooking her head and started to laugh. She don’t know if she’s trying to convince Jiyong that he’s lying or she’s convincing herself that Jiyong is just lying. “You told me that you like falling to me. That falling with me is the best thing that ever happened to you.” Tears are starting to fall from her eyes.

Jiyong, who wants to brush away the tears on her eyes, holds himself and face her with a stoic expression. “How would you know if I’m just lying?”

“I believe in you Jiyong. The moment you told me that you like, I believe you’re saying the truth. And I believe that you’re lying today, you’re lying.”

Jiyong went closer to Dara. This is the last time I’ll be this close to her. God, why did I fall to the subject? Coming closer to her means coming closer towards the end. He’s close enough to feel her breathing. “I am just using you Dara, to trigger Donghaes’ real attitude.”

“I-I don’t understand.” Dara said, with confusion on her face. “You told me you wanted to have revenge and that you’re only using me. A-as far as I know, nothing is happening and now you’re making sure that you’ll get rid of me? You’re shooing me away when there’s nothing happening to your plans?”

Jiyong smirked. He thought that Dara won’t notice it. “Smart enough but—“

“And you told me that I am the Queen of your game. And you wanted me to protect you.” Jiyong tried to open his mouth to answer but Dara immediately talk. “The Queen protects the Queen and the Queen must be near to the King, no matter what happenes.”

“You’re one of those stubborn women I’ve known.” Jiyong said, manage to keep a straight face for a second before he let loose with a loud guffaw. He went closer to Dara and hugs her tightly that made Dara dumbfounded. “I’m just trying my luck if I can get rid of you and I’m one hell lucky enough that you’re as stubborn as me that you’re not giving up that easily.”

Dara, who’s still confuse hug him tightly. She doesn’t know why he’s having this kind of feeling towards him. Is it because he’s the only one who understand her other that Seungri and her brother? Is it because Jiyong was being honest towards her from the very beginning? Is it because Jiyong was harsh towards her and at the end, he loose himself up and the only one who comfort her in times when she’s down?

One way or another, she’s sure that Jiyong is really the one for her. As of now. She’s not sure if her feelings towards him will change the moment she’ll know that Jiyong is having weird Human Chess game.

Jiyong wraps his arms to her, tightly and mumbled. “The whole thing I said towards you were just a lie.”

“I know.” Dara answered. “I know. We’re just a normal students of Sequel University. There’s no such thing as revenge and human chess and that you’re just afraid Donghae will snatch me away from you, am I right?”

“Yes.” Jiyong answered.

 

 

 

 

A loud slap was heard at the four corners of the Presidents’ office. Jiyong, together with Suenghyun and Seungri, froze the moment the Presidents’ hands touched Jiyongs’ face. It marked and yet Jiyong felt nothing. That was just a slap. That’s it, just a slap.

“I told you, don’t get yourself too close to the subject!” Mr. Yang reprimanded him. He’s walking side to side and holding his forehead, as if it’s aching. “Now, what? What the hell is happening to your plans Kwon Jiyong?”

Jiyong looked at his father with a straight face. “I like her appa.

“I know and you’re such an idiot for liking a girl like him.”

“Mr. President, my cousin is not just an ordinary girl.” Seungri stepped in to the conversation. As much as he respects the President, he’s afraid that if the President will continue to say those words towards her cousin, he’ll end up answering him. “She’s Sandara Park.”

“I’m not talking to you Lee Seunghyun. You’re not allowed to talk.” Mr. Yang said, with full of power to his voice. He looked at his son whose now smirking. “What’s with that expression Kwon Jiyong?”

“I know you’re playing appa. I can feel it.” Jiyong said. “I know that you know that you really like Sandara for me. I can see it, the favoritism. And I don’t understand why you’re being like this, why do you want me to get rid of Dara? She’s the Queen of this game for Christ sake!”

President Yang sits down at his couch and stares at the three young boys who planned this whole game. And he’s just playing with them. “You know how I like Dara for you brother Jiyong. You know how much I like Dara for Taeyang.”

Everyone was silent for awhile. They remember their brother, Taeyang: how he suffered because of Donghae and how he lost his sight because of Donghae. All things that is happening this time is because of Donghae. Jiyong gritted his teeth and clench his fist. He remembers every night the day Taeyang woke up after a week of comatose and how he cried because of the darkness.

“You must remember the mission my son. You must separate personal emotions towards Dara and you must remember that you’re here because you want to have revenge. You want to show these people that Donghae is not a perfect man.” Mr. Yang told his son Jiyong. For him, this is their last shot.

Jiyong nod, along with Seungri and Seunghyun. “H-How’s Taeyang?”

Mr. Yang become silent and looked at them. “He’s at the rest house.”

“W-why did you bring him here Mr. President?” Seunghyun asked. “We all know that he’s still recovering after that incident.”

Mr. Yang smirked. “To know shake some people around.” And they all know that Mr. Yang is now joining the game were at first he only organize.

 

 

Dara who’s holding the chess piece Jiyong gave him stopped for awhile. White Queen. In the real chess game, the white pieces were the one who attacks the black pieces. But why did Jiyong gave me this piece?

A part of her wanted to believe that Jiyong is saying the truth: about the chess game and about Donghae. But a part of her wanted to believe also that Donghae is not a bad person, even if she noticed that he’s not at all. After the dance she had with Donghae, she felt like Donghae is hiding something from her. As if Donghae has something inside his head and he wouldn’t like to share it.

She shrugs. Maybe I’m just over thinking things here. She continued to walk and spotted Chaerin walking towards her. She’s afraid of Chaerin, in some ways, but she’s also happy that she’s Lee Chaerin she’d known. She’s honest and she’s kind even if some people will say that she’s a bad . For her, Chaerin is just confident because she came from a Western country before coming to Korea. Chaerin noticed her so she smiled at her.

“Dara.” She mumbled. She noticed that her eyes were puffy and yet, she’s still happy.

“Hey, Chaerin. Are you okay?” she asked. Even if she can see that she’s glowing and happy, she still wanted to make sure. After all, there’s no harm of asking.

“Yes. I’m… I’m just happy.” She said, forbidding herself not to shed tears again.

“Then, don’t cry.” Dara hugged her and wipe the tears that are falling on her face.

“I’m happy because… because Youngbae is here.” She said, with full smiles.

 

 

 

Donghae along with Bom, his Queen went to the garden. Bom is silently following Donghae but her mind is floating. She’s not supposed to be in this game. She’s not supposed to be with Donghae right now.

“I want you to know who this man is.” Donghae said while giving a snap-shot of the mystery bidder of Dara. “He’s from class-A but I don’t know if he’s our classmate or not.”

Donghae is really convinced that that guy likes Dara and Dara feels the same. And that thought is getting to his nerve! He sacrificed a lot of things so that at the end of everything, Sandara would end-up with him. Just with him.

“I’m not your servant Donghae.” Bom said, but she’s trying to analyze the face of the man from the picture. She’s not sure but he’s familiar.

“But I am the King of this game. And King doesn’t move, you’ll move for me.” Donghae stated and started to get annoyed. “I want to crush the bone of that man. I want to kill him with my bare hands.”

Donghae gritted his teeth and smirk. I did some crazy things for Dara long time ago, and this time I’ll do the same. After all, it’s not that hard to do some cleanings…

 

 

 

President Yang posted a memo about the fourth years’ camping.

 

 

 

A/N: I find this story crazy. Geez! This is an effect of too much watching of CSI and Criminal Minds. The next update will be the answers to the questions. Comments anyone? :]