Chapter Seventeen

Nothing Last Forever

Just as the King thought, another chess piece entered the game. He watched him, along with the Queen talking at their designated chair. He almost laughed how the turn of the events happened in just a snap. Did I become lax and didn’t see this coming?

“Still watching the Queen?” he was asked by one of his chess piece- the Knight.

“Why? Are you jealous?” he asked huskily, without taking away his stare to the Queen.

She chuckled upon hearing his question. “I’m not a type of person who easily gets jealous over petty things, King.” She taps him at his shoulder and slightly, presses it. “But when I do, I do make sure that you’ll know it.”

She pressed her lips to the King. The Knight wouldn’t mind if other students will caught them. Who wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll be caught? Well, everyone will be surprised…

“Just stop it would you? I am not here to make-out with you, in the middle of the dance ball.” He said, still watching the Queen talking to the chess the new chess piece. “Park Sanghyun, why did you enter this game?”

“And you, King Lee Donghae, why are you playing this game?” The Knight asked, curiously.

“Shut up, you’re just a Knight.” He said, with gritted teeth. You entered my game without notice…

 

 

 

It took Dara a minute or two to control her squeals. In her mind she keeps on saying Oh my God! Oh my God!, and the smile on her face aren’t erasable. A lot might think that she’s having a nervous break-down due to her uncontrollable smile. Come on! My little brother is here!

“H-how did you… Geez! Park Sanghyun! Why did you lie to noona?!” she ranted. “You told me that you won’t come since you’re very busy with your school activities.”

“Don’t call me by my name noona. Do I look like grandfather?” Thunder ranted. “Thunder. I am Thunder when I am with you, arraso?”

Sandara suppress a smile and erased the thought that ‘Sanghyun’ is also the name of their grandfather- whom she’s really afraid of. Her younger brother is a miracle to their family. Everybody thought that mother cannot bear a child anymore. Not until Sandara reached 6 years old. She stares at her younger brother: he’s becoming very handsome now and very tall.

“How about you tell me why you didn’t tell me that you’re coming home?” she insisted.

Noona, that’s the element of surprise. If I told you I am coming home, you wouldn’t be surprised.” He chuckled. “Aren’t you happy I am here on a normal days?”

She sighed. Since Sanghyun is the only son of the Park who bears that surname, he was taken care of the elders of the family- their grandparents. Yeah, he is the favorite Park of the clan. “How long will you stay here?”

Thunder shrugs. “Around a week or two. It depends upon the situation.”

“Eh?”

Thunder smiled, “Nothing. Let’s just continue this conversation some other time.”

The ball started and everyone is getting hype. She’s talking with her brother since its been a long time since they’ve been together like this. Most of the time when their parents will be the host of the party- most of the time, it’s purely business talk- they’ll get along and bond. But when they’ll notice that their grandfather is watching them, they’ll separate ways as if they’re not siblings. That’s the rule of the Park.

“And now, it’s time for us to have the annual bidding game.” The host said. It is true that every year, there will be an annual bidding for the students. The proceeds will be donated for the construction of the little schools outside the Seoul District. “But this time it is not the usual bidding we usually do since then.”

A lot of students were confused, even Sandara. Every year, they’ll bid for a Gucci bag, sports car or even trip to Europe. But as the host said, there will be new twist of the bidding.

“Do you have money?” Thunder asked her noona.

“Why?”

“I want to buy some stuffs for someone.”

“I have twenty-thousand dollars.” She shrugs. This money is too small. It wont help. “Eomma didn’t give me enough money.”

“Guess my money is at stake.” Thunder chuckled.

“The moment you students entered the hall, you’re being judged by the school Director along with the school President. The new twist of the bidding? It will be Human Bidding. And to make it more unusual, the person to be bid are the students from class-A.” Everybody was shocked, most especially the students from the class-A. “Now may I call on, the person to be bid.”

Dara, along with her brother, were shock. The chance of her being picked is 99.9%. And she’s afraid that she’ll be picked.

“This time the person who’ll bid for the class-A will have the power to boss the around- but only for tonight. And since its still 8 PM, you have few hours to be the master of these students that are the prime of the school.” The host chuckled, “This is what we call ‘The Twist and Turns’. The class-A will experience being a Noye for the entire ball.”

A lot of murmurs are heard all over the room. For some, it is a very stupid idea since they wouldn’t benefit something to that. For others, it is a payback time- most especially to the person they hate. But for the class-A students, it is a form of another challenge. They’ll think that it is a once in a lifetime turn of events and they are willing to have fun and play with this bidding game.

The emcee called random names from different year level: Lee Chaerin, Amber Liu, Bae Suzy, Kim Himchan, Min Yoongi, Kim Taehyun and many more. But what shocks her was the moment she heard her name being called.

“Noona..” Thunder whispered. “Your name was being called.”

She shook her head as a sign of disagreement. “I-I wont do it.”

The host stop and it’s a sign that he’s already through. “The student marshals will come to your place and will ask you to stand up. On the other hand if you wouldn’t agree to it, they were asked to drag you here.” The host chuckled for a while, “This is what we call equality, right? The turn of events. C’mon guys don’t be a KJ.”

Everyone is cheering them up. But Dara wouldn’t dare to stand up there.

“Why noona? When did you become a kill joy type of person, uh?” her brother said, teasingly and at the same time cheering her up. “Come on, it’s just a game.”

Dara shook her head. I can’t do it. I can’t do it. “I-I can’t Thunder…”

“Why?”

Because I’m wearing a killer heels and I’m afraid I’ll stumble… she thought. Everyone is already there, but she cannot recognize who is who. The mask they are wearing is protecting them from revealing their identity. And the marshals cannot find me here…

“Excuse me, Miss Park.” One of the marshals said. She’s scared since the marshal is too tall that she thinks of him as a basketball layer. “Would you mind?”

She looked at her brother who’s now smiling even if he’s wearing a mask. “C’mon noona.”

She left them with no choice since all of them are cheering her up: the two marshals and her brother. She stands up and holds the hand of the marshal to assist her from stumbling. As they went to the stairs, her trembling knees trembles for more and she doesn’t know why she’s afraid of the thought being sold to someone else.

A lot of thoughts coming to her mind: What if no one will bid for her? What will be the feeling of being sold? What will the master do to her, as a Noye for few hours? Well, I do hope my Thunder wouldn’t mind wasting his money for me.

The moment she stand up at the stage along with other class-A students, her knees tremble and she felt like she’s about to faint. The spot light is in her and she doesn’t know why she’s trembling like hell. Calm down Dara. The crowd wont eat you.

“To start the bidding, I’d like to call on Ms. Sandara Park to please step forward since you’re the last person who gets in here. Well, this is called equality.” The host said, sounding like a big boss of the event. “I would like to ask the soon-to-be Noyes’ to please sit down and wait for your turn. The sits were located at the corner of this stage.”

She looked at her co-class A students as they move and sit at the chair. Her knees tremble for more as she stand up alone in front of the crowd. My feet hurts… she’s not really used to this heels since she’s usually wearing rubber shoes.

The host came near her and smiled at her, “How are you Miss Park?” the emcee said.

“I’m not fine. I think I’m about to faint.” She said, trying her best to look fine. These heels are killing me. Seriously killing me. “Can I sit down?”

“Sure.” The emcee handed her a chair and she’s praising him because he did that. “Now, would you mind to remove the mask you’re wearing?”

She smiled at him and slowly, removes the mask that is covering her face. Her light make-u suits her white dress and she’s afraid that the mascara and the powder on her face looked horrible to her. But eomma told me I look beautiful.

The emcee smile, “Look at this very beautiful creature in front of you.” He praised her, making her blush. He knew that she’s really beautiful but Sandara Park looks like a goddess right now. Beautiful is an understatement to describe how beautiful she was. For Sandara, the compliment of the emcee serves as a booster to her sloping confidence. “She’s Sandara Park. She come from the class-A since middle school and she’s the top-performing school since then not until this year where she slope down to rank 4.” The emcee stated.

Sandara is afraid of this kind of situation. She’s sensitive, most especially with this kind of attention everyone is giving her. I’ll be the next top-performing student this time… “Now, let’s hear something from this very beautiful lady whom in a few minutes from now will become a Noye.

When the emcee handed her the microphone, she awkwardly smile to the crowd and said, “Please be nice to me, master.

“Now the bid will start at one-hundred dollars.” The emcee said.

She looks at the crowd and they become silent. For awhile she thinks that she’s not that kind of interesting since no one stand up and bid for her. “Looks like they’re intimidated to bid for you Miss Park.”

She smiled for awhile and looks for her brother. As if on cue, her brother raised his hand and said, “Five-hundred dollars, cash.”

The crowd gasps. Who wouldn’t? No one knew that she’s his brother. She mumbled a prayer that no one would dare to exceed their bids higher than her brother. “Five-hundred dollars for bidder number one. Higher?”

“A thousand dollars.” A guy at the east said. She cannot see his face but hearing his bid, she awkwardly smiles. Come on Thunder!

“A thousand dollars. Higher?”

“Five thousand dollars.” She recognizes him as Donghae. He’s sitting at the center part of the room and she can’t help it but smile at him. For her, it’s okay for her to be sold to Donghae and be his ‘slave’ for the whole night.

“Looks like this bidding is getting high. Five thousand dollars! Higher?”

“Ten thousand dollars.” Thunder said, still grinning.

“Ten thousand dollars. Higher?” the emcee said. “The bidding is pretty good and Miss Park is a lucky girl.”

“Twenty-thousand dollars- cash.” Donghae said, still grinning like her brother Thunder.

The crowd gasps and cheered. I guess they already knew he’s Donghae… she thought. Even her brother just shrugs and mouthed, ‘I only got 500 dollars on my pocket.’ And it made her smile. Knowing her brother made an effort is good and being ‘sold’ to Donghae is okay.

“Twenty thousand dollars! Higher?” the emcee asked. It took them few seconds then realize that no one will bid higher than twenty-thousand dollars. “I guess Miss Park is—“

“Fifty-thousand dollars. In cash.”

hang and even the crowd gasp as they hear the ‘mystery’ bidder. She looks at him and tried her best to recognize him but she cannot. The place whom he’s sitting down it too dark for her 25-25 vision.

“Fifty-thousand dollars! Higher? No one? I guess, Miss Sandara Park is sold for fifty thousand dollars!”

Everybody cheered including her brother. She closed and tried to plaster a smile. She saw Lee Donghaes’ eyebrows furrow as he look at the guy who loss him in this bet, walking towards her. And now that she saw it, she’s quite taken aback the way Donghaes’ teeth gritted and the way his eyes look at the mystery bidder.

When the ‘mystery bidder’ is already in front of her, he immediately kneels down and lifted–up her dress. “H-hey!”

“Stop fooling yourself.”

She was confused to what he said and moments later, she smiled seeing how thoughtful he was. He removed her heels and let her use a rubber shoes but with insoles.

The crowd even yelps and cheered them. They don’t have an idea who’s the mystery bidder but for Dara, the moment he comes near her is the same moment her heart felt that bathum-bathum feeling she always felt for him. Only for him.

“It’s time master. Or maybe, my Noye.

Sandara smile as she nod and let him hold her hand and gently squeeze it. My Noye. My Noye. Those words repeated on her mind like a mantra. Maybe it’s Kwon Jiyong… this time.

 

 

A/N:

I added another character- Let’s all welcome Thunder to this crazy fanfic! Yey! -and I guess it’s a good thing I extended the story. Well, the revelation is coming SOON (VERY SOON!) and I am hoping that I’ll be able to surpass my ‘crazy’ writers-block for this story. I am not focused guys! I’m sorry if I am rooting for another story these past few days. To be honest, my friend and I are plotting another fanfic for my anniversary in AFF. Yey! I’m a one-year old fanfic writer!

So, keep holding to my bangs guys! Probably by Chapter 20, I will reveal the REAL story and fill the holes in the story. :>

 

HUMAN CHESS GAME

 

WHITE PIECE:                                                     BLACK PIECE:

King: Lee Donghae                                          King: G-Dragon

Queen:                                                                                 Queen: Sandara

Bishops:                                                               Bishops:

Knights:                                                                Knights:

Rooks:                                                                  Rooks:

SPECIAL PIECE: Thunder