Page Eight

Untold Pages

The very next day, everyone inside the mansion gave Lay a look as he went down for breakfast, whistling a happy note. Even the twins were looking up at him. Too much happiness on his side that he did not notice the petite blonde sitting beside Sooyoung. It was only when he reached for the bread did he saw her.

“Oh, Hyoyeon,” he smiled brightly, “Too early for a visit eh?” he added and reached for the peanut butter.

The addressed one can only sigh and reply with a faint smile. No one decided to ask him furthermore so they resumed on whatever talks and things they are doing a while ago.

 

Hyoyeon was really early since she will be joining Sooyoung in sending the twin on nursery school on their previous university. The married one called her and asked her to join them in breakfast.

 

“Lay Appa, will you play with us today?” Kyle moved down his chair to get near the grinning Lay.

"I will, but right after your classes okay?’ he patted the boy’s head and resumed on his breakfast.

 

By around nine, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon left with the twins leaving Summer in Kyungsoo’s hand’s. While they are on the road, Hyoyeon behind the wheel, she asked the married one.

“Why is Lay like that?”

The married one smiled, “Thought you would ask,” she replied.

“Actually I don’t know but the boys claimed that he will be having a dinner date later,” Sooyoung turned to check the twins.

“Date?” she tried to act casual but the pain gnawing in her heart is somehow making her teary eyed.

“Yeah, Min Ah? I think that’s the name of the girl, I am not just so sure either,” Sooyoung chuckled.

She gave a nod as she tries to focus on the road.

 

**********

 

“Hey, I think you owe the girl an apology,” Suho tapped Lay’s shoulder when they are alone on the living room.

“Apology? Wae? Did I do something wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing, but you looked like you are parading the thought that nothing happened between you two before,” Suho replied.

“Well, if I would apologize then that would give her the idea that I am still lingering on that particular time. It would all the more complicate the things at hand,” Lay replied.

“You mean that something is just a fling and all?” Suho asked.

“What are you trying to conclude? Are you making me feeling guilty?” Lay looked at him.

“Aniyo, it’s just like that affair before means nothing for you,” Suho replied.

“Because there was no affair before. We just went out once and that’s the end of it. No exchange of calls, messages or anything so how would you tell that there had been an affair?”

Those words silenced Suho.

 

**********

 

That evening, he was already dressed by seven thirty. He took his time to wait for her at Soojin’s café house. The seven employees were wondering what he would be doing in the place.

“What could be hyung be doing in here. It’s already dark. Shouldn’t he be home already?” Jin looked over Namjoon.

“I don’t know. He looks like he is going somewhere tonight,” the addressed one replied.

They shared an inquisitive silence, wondering what could be the reason this guy would stay in here this evening.

 

To answer their unspoken query, Min Ah arrived at exactly eight, the door jingling at her arrival. She looked around and spotted him as he gave her a light wave. When she was near enough, he stood up and pulled the chair for her.

“Did I make you wait?” she asked.

“Nope, would you want anything?” he asked instead.

“I’m fine. Should we just head out already? I am quite famished,” she smiled as he gave a nod.

 

The moment they left, the seven boys exchanged looks.

“Ok, looks like the Lay-Hyoyeon pair up is already on the drain,” Jin stated as everyone agrees with him.

 

**********

 

“Where would you want to go?” he asked.

“I thought you had it planned already after asking me out,” she smiled.

“I don’t want to dictate, I prefer to go by your wish,” he replied.

“That is so gentleman of you. I’ll lead the way,” she smiled as she hails a cab.

 

It was not long before they stopped in front of a very familiar restaurant.

“You like it in here?” he asked after the cab had left.

“I like the atmosphere in here, wae? Are you thinking of somewhere else?” she looked up at him.

“Nope, I am fine in here. Let’s get inside?” he laid out his hand as he pulls her gently inside.

 

They took the table facing the grand piano. His eyes immediately landed on the bar counter a few tables behind them and saw no one. He was left to wonder why he is looking for her in this place at this time of the night. The waiter came up with the menu and took their orders. As they are waiting, she looked at the grand piano admiringly.

“I heard they had a great piano player in here before,” she started.

A smile got tugged on his lips, “Would you want to hear him play?”

“Wae? Do you know him?”

“Very much. It will be just one piece,” he smiled and stood up to get to the bar counter. After talking to the bartender, he slowly moved to get to the piano. He smiled first at her before he sat behind the grand piece of instrument and lifts the cover.

 

Sooner, a very mellow music enveloped the place, somehow silencing the noisy room as the other people around watched the guy behind that piano play. It was just a one piece he promised and after finishing, he moved to pull down the cover and stood up as the people around clapped their hands before the noise settled in again.

 

“That was so beautiful,” she smiled up at him.

“Thank you beautiful,” he returned the gesture, feeling himself blush instead of her.

Their meal soon arrived and they were immersed on their conversation.

 

Little did he know, there are two pairs of eyes watching him within the place. One of which portrays evident shock other of hurt.