Page Twenty

Untold Pages

THE NYMPHS II

 

The member of the Nymphs stood as the bereaved family member of Fei. The small room where the mourning was held is filled with flowers all from the people who knew them, specifically her.

There are occasional visitors from the Mafia world and she is not surprised to see the Hollows to come as one.

 

“We deeply mourn for the loss,” Sooro bowed his head in respect.

Luna and Jia can only stare at Shin Min Ah who simply accepted the condolences.

“I think this is all just as what God wants. Everything happens for a reason,” she replied.

Sooro grinned, “Definitely; everything really happens for a reason.”

 

When the night falls, Shin Min Ah and the other two remained on the place, trying to gather their thoughts about what to do on her brother who is still under treatment on an asylum somewhere in the country. As she looks at the immortalized smiling face of Fei on the frame, a rush of memories flooded her mind.

 

*Shin Min Ah’s reminiscence*

 

It was one of those very normal sunny days in May. She had just finished preparing the lunch box her son will be bringing on their visit to her parents. She is a single mother already at the age of nineteen and she never regretted it.

 

Her son’s father had been her first boyfriend who broke up with her after marring her innocence and stealing her ity which lead to her early pregnancy. It was very heart breaking for her part. It took time before her parents finally accepted the fact that their daughter is already a single mother.

 

“Umma! Faster!” the three years old little Chanwoo run up to hug his mother.

“Mom is already ready, now get to your room and bring your bag out and we will leave now,” she patted the boy’s head and watched him disappear on the living room.

 

After twenty minutes, they are already on the road. She secured her son on the seat with a seatbelt and let the music rung on the car as they sang along.

While they are going on the road near the small river, just a few miles away from her parents home, a black car suddenly blocked her car.

She stepped on the brakes and was so grateful to keep her son secure with a seatbelt.

 

Men in black came out of the said black car and surrounded hers. They opened the door and pulled her and his son out.

“YAH! Let go of my son!” she yelled as she tries to free herself from the grip of two men holding her.

Chanwoo started crying when one of the men in black lifted him up. He reached for her as she tries to free herself.

“Umma~!” the little boy wailed as he tries to wiggle out of the man’s hold.

 

With the present commotion, she did not notice another elegantly dressed man in gray to come down the said black car. He took a step forward and cleared his throat.

“So, the rumors are indeed right that the beautiful Shin Min Ah is really a single mother already. Who is this cute little boy?” the guy moved to caress the face of the wailing little boy.

 

She can’t recognize the guy and she can’t even think straight when her son started wailing again from the touch of the said man.

“DAMN IT! WHO ARE YOU?” she exclaimed.

“I just want to ask a question, where is Jang Yung Hoon?” the man looked at her.

“We had lost ties and any communication since he broke up with me. He has nothing to do with my son and I so don’t go around asking me where he is. I don’t know where he is!” she spits her words with rage.

“Feisty,” the man chuckled but glared at her after a while, “Tell me where that is! He will never leave his son behind so just tell me where he is,” he seethed.

 

She glared back, “Stupid you! I already told you that he broke up with me when he learned that I am pregnant. I am the only one who took care of our son. That bastard son of a didn’t even take a second to even check Chanwoo so don’t you dare ask me where he is hiding.”

With a shrug, the said man straightened up, “Well I guess, this ends here. You won’t tell me where he is so we saw you today alone; no baby boy on the front seat of your car.”

 

With a wave, the man holding Chanwoo stepped near the river. When she realized what will happen she started kicking them but the men holding her were like built with bricks. She tried to free herself as she watch in dread the said man move near the still river.

 

“I DON”T KNOW WHERE HE IS SO LET CHANWOO GO! I WILL JUST COME WITH YOU AND LOOK FOR HIM JUST LET MY SON GO!” she screamed with all the futile effort to free herself.

 

The still river was soon disturbed by a loud splash. Her son can’t swim.

His small flailing arms trying to ask for help and the sight of his head bobbing up and down the water made the tears go uncontrollably off her eyes. She screamed and screamed but the said road is quite deserted and calling for help is futile as well.

The small flailing arms soon got lost on the river as she froze on her place. She had stopped freeing herself and watched with blank eyes how the river soon got still.

 

The two men holding her lets her go as she falls limp on the ground, looking at the same spot where her son disappeared. She wants to jump at the water but she is too weak and she can’t swim. The men in black with the guy in gray soon left her.

She lost her son and what hurts the most is to see him die in front of you while you remained helplessly weak and subdued to save him.

 

*End of Shin Min Ah’s reminiscence*

 

“Are you okay?” Jia’s voice shook her back to reality.

That’s the moment she felt the flowing tears on her face. She gave a sad smile and wiped it off.

“I just miss Chanwoo,” she replied.

The mention of the said name brought up a sad smile on Jia’s face as well. She moved and hugged Shin Min Ah.

 

“It’s not your fault. Everything is just confusing. Sometimes we just have to deal with the rash decisions we make when we are emotional. I know you don’t want to express it but I can sense you blaming yourself,” Jia rubbed her back as the sound of her sobs echoed inside the room.

Luna can only stare at the two, knowing well enough who Chanwoo is.