Page Twenty Six

Untold Pages

The black car disappeared in sight just as backups came to aid Nickhun and Baekho.

“Damn! Who the hell is that?” Nickhun bellowed.

Three black cars stopped near them as men in black descend from them.

“Then I guess we have to postpone it for the meantime, we will resume it next time. We will wait for your call,” the man they had been talking to awhile ago moves to get on one of the cars.

 

Baekho and Nickhun watched as the said car leaves and disappear in sight.

“I will really hunt whoever is that! Damn!” Nickhun hissed.

“Chill! You don’t want to end up in a platter served on Shin Min Ah’s place eh?” Baekho grinned.

“What do you mean?” the older one looked at him.

“That is Luna’s car. What I am not sure is who is that lady we had been chasing that Luna even helped her,” Baekho mused, watching the road where he could still imagine Luna’s car disappear.

“Wait, I think I know who owns that blonde hair,” Nickhun smirked.

 

He moves to open the passenger’s door of the awaiting black car, “What could be the Hollow’s special agent be doing that she gets nosy on other’s business?” then he stepped inside the car followed by Baekho on the other side.

 

**********

 

Luna made a curve on an intersection and soon enters an automated gate that opens right after her car moves under the shade.

“What are we doing here?” Hyoyeon asked right after Luna killed the engine.

“Giving you security for the mean time and we need to clean that cut of yours anyway,” Luna pointed on the cut on Hyoyeon’s left arm.

 

The latter just finally felt the sting of pain when she recognizes the cut. Since hospitality among members of the underground is rare, she took the opportunity.

 

The receiving area of the simple house of Luna is adorned with upholstered furniture and some painting on the walls. The corners were adorned with large vases complimenting the wood-like wallpaper of the place. The large screen TV is situated in the middle, complete with DVD player and amplifiers.

“You got a nice place in here,” Hyoyeon remarks as Luna returns with the medicine kit.

“Thanks,” she replied and sat near her on the large sofa.

 

“Can you remove your jacket so we can look over your cut?” Luna smiled as the blonde one abides.

The silence enveloped the room as Luna gets busy on cleaning the wound.

 

“Why are you being chased?” Luna asked after a while to avoid the growing silence.

“They saw me peeking and eavesdropping on their business,” Hyoyeon chuckled.

“Do you know who are they?”

“Nope,” the blonde lied and hisses on the dab of alcohol on her wound.

 

Right after securing the bandage, Hyoyeon helped her on gathering the materials they used on her wound.

“What do you know about Jong Dae?” Luna avoided Hyoyeon’s gaze as she tidies up the small kit.

Hyoyeon eyed the other girl, “What do you mean?”

“You are a Kim so you probably know who he is.”

Hyoyeon wants to doubt the question, but she caught the faint blush on Luna’s face despite her bowed head.

“I maybe a Kim, but I can assure you that I know nothing about him. The fact that we share the same surname doesn’t mean we are related at all,” the blonde replied, although she knows all that she spewed were lies.

She is just trying to assure if her suspicions were right about Luna’s sudden inquiry about Jong Dae.

 

Luna let out a sigh as she lifts her head, looking at the large screen TV. She wants to ask more about the guy but then seeing like it will pick the interest of this blonde girl beside her, she decided to just shut .

 

“Do you happen to like him?”

 

Hyoyeon’s sudden question made the other one whip her head into Hyoyeon’s direction, the blush soon evading her cheeks as she blinks back in reply.

A smirk appeared on the blonde’s face, “Caught red-handed. You look so guilty!” then soon laughed.

“A-aniyo!” Luna protested, but Hyoyeon is still laughing.

 

When the blonde finally stops, she looks at the blushing Luna.

“How come you get to like that camel?” she asks.

“I thought you don’t know anything about him, why are you calling him a camel?” Luna pouted.

“My brother knows him, so you can set an appointment with him if you really are interested with Jong Dae,” Hyoyeon smirked and stood up.

 

“Where are you going?” Luna asks, as she follow suit.

“I am going home already. I think they already lost track of me,” she went near the door, “Thanks for the bandage. I will repay you sooner,” then left, closing the door with her.

 

**********

 

The day soon unfolds to a new one. The sun peeping on the draperies of his room woke up Baekho. He tried to stretch but felt his arms restrained. His eyes flew open as he stares on the tight rope bounded on him, down to his ankles.

‘How did they tie me up like this without me knowing?’ he thought as he tries to wriggle out of the ropes which looks so futile.

 

“Don’t move much or else you will shred yourself,” a muffled voice startled him. He looked at the said ropes tied around him and noticed that it’s no ordinary one. It looks like large nylon thread but then the feel of it around him made him conclude that it is a type of elastic metal. At the end of the rope on his ankles is a small automated lock.

 

The owner of the voice moves to drag a chair on the foot of the bed. He casually took a sit on it, crossing his legs perfectly.

Baekho tries to look at the said guy closely, but the lowered cap and the mask covering his lower face made it impossible to recognize the said assailant.

 

“What do you want?” Baekho asked, relaxing himself. He knows the consequence of much movements and he doesn’t favor it.

“Answers to a few questions I will ask,” the said guy replied, twisting his cap to reveal blank, coal-lined eyes.