Page Four

Untold Pages

Lay watched in silence in the living room when Sooyoung moved to join him on the sofa.

“Would you mind if I disturb you for a while?” she asked.

He reached for the remote and tuned down the TV, “Aniyo, wae?”

“It’s about Hyoyeon,” she replied.

Although he is startled, he kept it unnoticed, “What about her?”

“I know there’s something between you two, I can see that. What really happened? Why are the two of you so awkward in each other’s presence?”

 

Lay took a deep breath, “Noona, I think you are mistaken. There’s nothing going on between us.”

“Yes, there’s nothing but there was,” she emphasized.

“It’s nothing personal. We are just friends,” he smiled.

“Living with the twelve of you and having three kids as well made me see that you are lying,” Sooyoung grinned.

Lay let out a chuckle, “Noona, trust me,” he looked back on the screen.

“No, I don’t trust you, so spill,” she said.

 

He took a deep breath, “I drove her away. I scared her too much even though I know she feels something for me,” he stated.

“You drove her away? Why? How?” she looked at him, shock evident in her face.

He was about to reply when the twins came up to them, hugging their mother as Kris joined them who is bent down in assisting Summer in walking.

“Lay Appa, will you bring Hyo Noona in here again?” Kyle asked as he squeezed himself between him and his mother.

He just gave the small boy a smile.

Summer wriggled in her father’s arms and reached up to Sooyoung who moved to hold her.

“I’ll just get something from my room,” he excused himself and left the small family of five in the living room.

 

When he was already upstairs, he looked back down at that small family and sighed, “Lucky for Kyle and Kirby to have a loving father and mother,” then he proceeds to his room.

 

**********

 

On the other hand, on a dark alleyway a gang of five men in black and a young man stood face to face. The darkness of the sky accentuated the eerie feeling the place gives off.

“We will never give you what you want. You will just get tired trailing us,” the one in front of the men in black blew on his cigarette, puffing the smoke in rings.

“Then you are so wrong in roaming with just four of your men,” the young man grinned as he pulls his jacket up to his elbows.

 

Before he could move, two of the men in black ran forward to beat him but he was quick to dodge the first punch, kicking the other in the belly sending him a few feet away. He the first assailant and gave him a punch straight in the face followed by a knee hit on the stomach. The second assailant moved to attack him but he did a somersault on the nearby wall, letting his foot land on the head of the man, sending it on his knees losing consciousness. He gave the other a round kick on the face letting the body fall unconscious as well.

 

“I told you, you are so wrong in roaming in this place with just four of your men,” the young man stepped forward.

The other two stepped forward, pulling their guns but the young man’s reflexes were quicker that he was able to pull faster the two guns behind him, killing both with a bullet in their heads.

 

The leader stood petrified as he watch the young man lower his guns and steps forward.

“Where is the money we want?” he asked.

“I-I swear I d-don’t have i-it with me,” the man trembled, finally hitting a wired gate.

“Really?”

“I swear. If you would just give me time, I will definitely give it to the Hollows. I swear! Spare me please,” the man is already on his knees, begging.

“Ok,” the young man said and stepped back to leave, but he knows too well how the mind of these people works that even before he could take a step further, he turned around, planting a bullet on the man’s head.

“I am no fool,” he said and bent down to search for things on the pockets. His leather gloved hands protected him from leaving fingerprints. He found a wallet and pulled out all the credit cards. After doing so, he stood up and dialed a number.

 

“Hello?”

“Have you disposed him already?”

“Yeah. But I saw nothing but credit cards only.”

“Get the locket that gay wears. It has the key to his vault and the code for all his bank accounts and transactions.”

The young man bent down and felt the neck of the dead body and saw the silver lace of a spade shaped locket.

“Quite a gambler. Even his necklace is shaped like a spade.”

“Get that. That’s the necklace. Now leave that place before anyone gets in there.”

Then the call was ended.

He pocketed his phone and the cards and decided to tie the necklace on his wrist before he climbed up on the gate in front of him, leaving the five bodies on the dark alleyway.

 

**********

 

Hyoyeon gets infuriated when she can’t gain access on the Hollows database. The screen keeps on telling her that her account is not a registered one.

‘Someone might have deleted my account. They surely had it on me,’ she thought as she closes her laptop before lying on her bed.