Page Forty Five

Untold Pages

“How is she now?” Luna asked when she came to visit Hyoyeon, together with Chen.

“She is still unconscious,” Lay replied.

“Where’s Kyoung Jae?” Chen asked.

“Shin Min Ah and Kibum sent him home. They were worried about his condition. He had been here with no sleep or food for three days,’ Lay replied.

“Don’t lose hope, she will wake up sooner,” Luna smiled and left the room after they had bid him goodnight.

 

The clock read eleven thirty seven in the evening when Lay closed the windows of the room. He took the spare seat beside the bed and held Hyoyeon’s hand, bowing his head for another silent prayer.

 

“You know, your hold on me is a bit tight.”

 

His eyes flew open and were so relieved to see her smiling face. She looks so pale, weak but still beautiful.

“We were all worried about you,” he whispered, reaching to caress her face as she leans on the touch.

“I am sorry, I shouldn’t have made you worried,” she softly replied.

“Thank you, thank you for saving me and thank you for waking up,” he stated, holing her hand, running smooth circles at the back of it.

 

“How are the others?” she asked.

“Well, Kris had been in here for the past few days with you, but he finally recovered and woke up yesterday. The twins and Summer were all in here. Your brother was sent home earlier because of lack of sleep and food. He was so scared that something bad really happened on you,” Lay relayed as Hyoyeon watches him speak.

“How about the mafia?” she asked.

“Sooro, together with Shin Min Ah and Kibum ironed out things and finally restored stability, leaving the leadership on Sooro himself,” Lay replied.

“How about Taehyung?” she asked for the third time.

“I offered him adoption, but he refused. He said he cannot leave his six brothers,” he smiled.

She smiled back, “Just talk. I love it when you talk to me,” she said and squeezed his hand.

 

“Everything had been such a mess since the very beginning. Each of us had been in turmoil but I am glad everything is over now. It’s nice to finally breathe,” he smiled looking at her, “And Sooyoung is pregnant again,” he added, much to Hyoyeon’s surprise.

“Yes, she is pregnant and it looks so amusing how Kris deals with his whiny wife,” Lay chuckled, answering the mute question of Hyoyeon.

 

There was silence after that. Lay just held her hand as she adjusts herself to turn on her side and look at him.

“Would it be the time for us to start anew?” she asked.

He smiled a dazzling smile, caressing her face as he moves to plant a soft kiss on her forehead, “Fly with to Germany?” he offered.

Tears welled in her eyes as she mumbles a small yes.

 

Lay stood up from his seat and took the space beside her, leaning down to kiss her ever so gently in the lips.

 

“I love you, that’s for real,” he whispered.

 

“I love you too,” she replied.