Page Two

Untold Pages

The ride is done in silence, an awkward one. Traffic ahead made her wish that she had not called Sooyoung in the first place.

“It’s been a while,” he started, startling her.

“Yeah,” came her short reply.

“You quit on your job under the Empire before leaving?” he asked, still looking ahead the road.

“I have to, and I need time to wind out anyways,” she replied, feeling the blush creeping on her cheeks again.

 

The rest of the ride was done in silence again. They soon arrived on the wide front porch of the Wu’s mansion. The sight of the men in black in the perimeters somehow scared her as she looks over Lay to ask about it.

“That’s the additional security Mrs. Wu provided. Since her son had a family of his own already, she is scared that something bad may happen to her grandchildren,” he replied even without her asking.

When she moved out of the car, there is Sooyoung with two little boys on her side.

“HYOYEON!” the female on exclaimed, rushing down to welcome her in a tight hug.

“I missed you so much,” she added as she parts from the hug.

“I missed you more,” Hyoyeon replied, “So you had two handsome kids eh?” she added.

“Boys, come here and meet your Hyoyeon Noona,” she gestured at the two who moved to go down the front porch near their mother.

 

“This is Kyle, older in eight minutes and Kirby the younger one,” she pointed over the two.

“They really look like your husband,” she gets on her knees to get in their eye level.

“And very naughty,” she added.

The next statement Kirby said made them all blink in shock, “Why did you leave Lay Appa?”

Hyoyeon blinked, looking up at the shocked Sooyoung as well. Lay is already inside the house which somehow relieved the two.

After a while, she smiled at the young boy, “Aniyo, I just have to leave for a job offer. See? I am back already,” she replied.

“Then you and Lay Appa will be together again?” Kyle asked this time.

She can only nod, making a mental note to interrogate her bestfriend how did the twins learn about the thing between her and Lay.

 

It was around lunch when Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Chen arrived with Summer. The two little boys ran up to them, yelling, “Khyunnie Appa! Jongdae Appa! Hyo Noona is back for Lay Appa!”

The evident guilty look from the two made Hyoyeon and Sooyoung conclude that they are the one who spilled the secret.

“Here’s your princess,” Kyungsoo handed Summer back to Sooyoung.

“And the little girl has your share of traits,” Hyoyeon watched Summer reach up to hold her mother’s arm.

“Would you want to hold her?” she offered into which Hyoyeon readily agreed.

 

“So what’s the real deal why did you left?” Sooyoung asked.

“I just want to relax and wind out,” she replied, playing with Summer’s little hands.

“Does it have something to do with Lay?” Sooyoung asked which made her look up and blush.

“Guilty,” Sooyoung chuckled.

“Okay, part of it was about him but not just about him,” she avoided Sooyoung’s playful smile.

“So that would mean that you two had been dating even before? Woah! I never thought you would click,” Sooyoung exclaimed.

 

Hyoyeon bowed her head, a shy smile on her face as the memory of their first date flashes on her mind.

“He was never the vocal one, like my husband,” Sooyoung started, “It would take a lot or persuasion and push before you get him to speak. He is always a mystery for me, even up to now. I don’t know much about him which all the more adds to the suspense.”

“But you are lucky to have someone who is willing to fight for you,” Hyoyeon smiled as Summer starts to cuddle and sleep in her arms.

 

“Maybe you just have to give him time. He will soon learn how to be vocal,” Sooyoung smiled as she watches Hyoyeon made herself comfortable in holding Summer.

 

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#

 

Hyoyeon left right after three in the afternoon. This time, she decided to hail a cab so as to avoid another awkward ride with Lay.

The ride back home is very soothing as the same highway and establishments brought back memories. After twenty minutes, the car stopped on a corner. She paid the fare and started to drag her stroller up on a curve where their house is located.

 

The modern large two storey brick house inside a tall brick wall made her smile again. No one in the household knows that she will be back so it will be a surprise. She punched in the code and moved inside. The lights are still up so it will be nice to surprise them.

 

The sound of the large TV screen playing and the sound of two voices made her chuckle as she carefully lock the door behind her. She took off her shoes and slipped on her bunny slipper as she rolls her stroller inside, attracting the attention of the two people.

 

“UNNIE!” the girl, few years younger than her squealed and ran to meet her open arms.

“Where have you been all this time?” the male one, another few years older than her turned to look at her.

“Kyoung Jae oppa, is that how you would welcome me?” she frowned after parting from the hug.

“Would you want me to get all teary eyed and all just because my sister is back?” he grinned a playful one.

That’s enough for her to hug the older one before they settled back on the sofa again.

 

“Unnie, where have you been all this time? I was worried sick because we cannot reach you,” her younger sister, Soohyun hugged her arm.

“I travel around the world,” she smiled.

“You traveled alone? Without informing us?” Soohyun pouted.

“No need to pout because I have presents for you which will arrive tomorrow, so no need to give me that look,” Hyoyeon squished her face.

 

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#

 

When her younger sister is tucked under the sheets, she went down to talk to her older brother.

“How’s the Hollows?” she asked.

“Been torturing me since you left. They had been asking me nonstop where have you been, why did you quit your job and the usual,” Kyoung Jae leaned on the chair, focusing on the screen.

“I am sorry oppa,” she sighed.

 

“Are you still communicating with that Chinese guy?” her older brother looked at her.

She whipped her head immediately and took a while before she sighed, “I had lost communication on him four years ago.”

“Really? Then why are you blushing?” Kyoung Jae grinned.

It all the more made her duck her head.

“Still attached to him eh?”

She felt her cheeks get warmer.

“So it must be the real reason why you left,” he laughed.

 

“OPPA!” she whined, punching him in the arm.

“All the more you look guilty,” he laughed, fending off her punches.

When they had finally cooled down, she sighed.

“Oppa, mianhe,” she started, “I was not supposed to leave you and Soohyun. I was being selfish,” she added.

“No you are not. I can say you are still on the verge of soul searching,” he looked at her.

“It was never your first choice to be like this right?” he asked again.

“Yeah, but I have to. I can’t possibly disobey father,” she replied.

“Then you never had the chance to get on a real date right?” he grinned.

“Aniyo, I had a few dates before,” she pouted.

“Yeah, blind dates your friends set up, but did it succeed?”

She shook her head.

“See? So basically, that date you had with him years back is your real first date.”

 

A faint blush crept again on her cheeks as she remembers that date they had.