Page One

Untold Pages

The sound of the passengers getting welcomed by their loved ones drew a smile on her lips. She pulled the stroller bag behind her as she fish out her phone from her jacket. She scrolled on her contacts before putting it on her ear.

 

“Kyle! Kirby! Stop that this instant. I will not buy you the toy set if you don’t behave well.

There are few shifting sounds before a female voice answered the call.

“Ne? Yeoboseo?”

“Soo, how are you?” she smiled.

There was silence before she moved her phone away from her ears from the shriek from the other line.

“YAH! KIM HYOYEON! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME YOU LITTLE BLONDE GIRL?”

She laughed at the other one, “I just rewarded myself a vacation. It’s not that bad either, besides I really need a break,” she replied.

“Vacation? Yeah, a four year vacation is normal.”

She can practically see her bestfriend roll her eyes.

“Hey can I ask you a favor?” she asked after a moment of silence.

“Favor? Like what?”

“You see, I am already here at Incheon airport and I am short on ride. Can you send Baekhyun to pick me up?”

“Pick you up? That would be nice because you will really go straight in here! You little witch; you need to see my twins and their little sister. You missed much of their lives so you have to be in here!”

“On the other hand, I think I may pass. I’ll just hail a cab,” she chuckled.

“Do that and I will blow your apartment.”

“Getting kids made you like that? Hey, I think it’s bad to have a family of your own if that’s the case,” she chuckled, finding comfort on the seats.

“I just missed you and you know that.”

 

She smiled at the sincerity of her friend’s voice. “So I will wait for whoever you send in here,” she spoke before they ended the call.

She sighed as she remembers everything again. Now, she is left to wonder what had happened in the past five years when she was gone.

 

**********

Sooyoung sighed as she watches her twins stop pestering the new flowers she had placed on the vase at the center table. Now she only needs to have one of the boys pick her up.

Kyungsoo is out of the option, together with Chen and Baekhyun since the three were out with Summer.

Kai and Sehun are in school; Tao is on his work so as Suho and Kris is in an urgent meeting with the board of trustees. Xiumin is busy on his lab for some works. Luhan is in Europe right now and Chanyeol is busy on his future house with his wife Ha Ni, so it leaves only Lay to pick her up. Good thing that he is at home right now.

 

“Lay, can you do me a favor?” she approached the guy who is watching some movie on the TV.

“Ne? What is it?” he looked up at her.

“Can you pick up my bestfriend at the airport? She just came back from abroad,” she smiled.

“Oh, okay. Incheon Airport?” he stood up to grab his jacket and car keys.

“Ne, and make sure to bring her in here, okay?” she smiled at the guy who gave a nod and went out the door.

 

The ride to the airport was traffic free so he was glad to be in there in few minutes. But when he got inside, he was left to wonder who among Sooyoung’s friend he is going to fetch. He was tempted to call Sooyoung as he scans the arrival area only to stop short when he saw a familiar figure sitting among the seats.

 

Her blond hair is kept in place by a beanie hat with earphone plugged in her ears. The same facial contours with a familiar side profile. For an unknown reason he suddenly felt nervous when he recognized her. He scans the place to see if she is the only bestfriend of Sooyoung around. He sighed when he realizes it’s really her. He slowly moved to get near her, picking up the stroller beside her.

 

“Is this the only baggage you have?”

 

*********

 

A familiar voice asking her made her stop from doing whatever she does in her phone. Her heart started to hammer wildly in her chest as she felt the blood rush to her cheeks. Her hand started to get sweaty as she slowly turns her head to see the same guy standing near her.

 

“I presume your silence to be a yes,” he smiled sending the army of butterflies in her tummy gets wild again.

She slowly stood up to acknowledge him.

‘Here I am thinking I am way over him,’ she thought as he gestures her to follow her.

 

“Take the front seat, I look like a paid driver when you sit there,” he said when she moved to sit on the back seat. She was hesitant but she abides to it. He pulled the seatbelt for her, making her blush again.

“Thank you,” she whispered and made herself comfortable despite the awkward atmosphere inside the car.