Page Thirty Two

Untold Pages

The second day, they were very much relieved to see no particular people to come on the last day of the celebration. The boys were back to normal and this time the girls decided to wear the maid’s uniform. It was V’s shift when a guy of his age got inside.

“Hey there Taehyung!” he greeted when he came near the frowning V.

“What’s with the frown?” the new arrival greeted.

 

“Hyung who is he?” Jungkook asked as he moves behind the frowning V.

“A former colleague when I had formal schooling,” V rolled his eyes.

“Call me JR,” the guy presented his hand which the maknae receives before he went back the kitchen.

 

“You did not even bother on inviting me on this celebration,” he leaned on the counter, watching people get busy on stuffs at their own tables.

“V, can you please ask Jungkookie if he had finished the order of table 45,” Jinri smiled at the said guy and turns to relay the message.

 

JR on the other hand felt frozen when he looked at the said lady standing near him.

Jinri turned his head, “Oh, are you a customer?” she asked.

“Here’s the order,” V interrupted the moment as Jinri accepts the order and left with a bow.

“She’s off limits. She’s Sehun’s girlfriend so stop drooling there,” he tapped JR by the shoulder, “What would you want? It’s on me,” he added.

The sound of free food made him turned his head and ordered.

 

“You hurt my feelings. You barely call me,” JR started as he is waiting for his order.

“I can’t do that. There are eyes watching my every move and besides they provide everything so why bother,” he chuckled which made the waiting one roll his eyes at him.

“Do you plan of being like this forever?” JR asked all of the sudden.

“I don’t have much choice as of now, but when I get what I want, I will leave this and find a better place to settle down, not with a wife, but to find my soul,” he grinned.

JR gave a bitter life, “I wish I could be like you,” then turned to get his order, “I am just a call away and you know that,” then left the cafe house.

 

**********

 

It was around lunch when Hyoyeon receives a call, the third mission. She excused herself and took the call. The same mechanical voice answered.

“Third mission for the Reaper and the Apple. The next target will be the Paragon. You have one day to pinpoint the real leader of the said group. Secure the King’s audience to present your findings. The time starts at the delivery of the message.”

 

It is as simple as that, no doubt the time frame is so short. She suddenly felt uneasy so he called Xiumin to ask for help. She has to stay up late tonight to finish it and make a report right away. She messaged her brother and Xiumin regarding the mission.

 

**********

 

It was around two in the afternoon when Xiumin came around the shop and asked for Hyoyeon’s attention. They took the secluded table on the second floor. He immediately placed his laptop on the table and presented some data regarding the next target.

 

“The Paragon constitutes five male members. Jung Jin Young, Shin Dong Woo, Lee Jung Hwan, Cha Sun Woo and Gong Chan Shik. They are the group which don’t take things seriously, but that’s what others think. They actually work just like any other group, but then each of them possesses the qualities of a shooter, a dealer and a leader as well. Each has the equal chance of being a leader that is why it is hard to identify which of the five is the real leader.”

 

“Any leads as of the moment?” Hyoyeon asked as she stares at the individual pictures of the five.

“We have Jin Young and Dong Woo as the primary leads, but we cannot just underestimate the others,” Xiumin added.

“I will only get the chance to look over details when I get home. They might get suspicious of me, just like Sooyoung. I’ll go down, thanks for the help. I really owe you a lot,” then went down to continue on their jobs.

 

**********

 

The Reaper had already received the call and had to calm himself to avoid arousing suspicion from the others. He messaged his employer regarding the next target.

 

People might think that the two are cheating for asking help from others, but no one really plays fair in their realm. You just have to be discreet so that no one notices the pile of help that comes for you.

 

‘Just this one and I will finally have the reward,’ he thought and pockets his phone.

 

**********

 

It was around nine when they were all heading home. They took their different direction as she moves to get to their bus stop. She did not use her car. As she stands under the shade of the bus stop, a man stopped to stand near her.

“Sometimes I regret ever asking for her number.”

She knows already who owns that voice, but she only rewarded the guy a sideways glance.

“No one regrets at the beginning,” she replied, feeling her knees weaken again and she has to curse herself for that.

“Could we at least try?” he sounded desperate.

She let out a bitter chuckle, “It’s so funny to think that before I am the one asking for that, now here you are asking me back.”

 

For some reasons, she hates the late bus that should have stopped this moment.

“Please…” he whispered.

She bowed her head, “I don’t know, maybe,” then let out a shaky breath.

 

She was just caught off guard when she was soon enclosed in his arms, like it’s the last time they will be doing it.

 

“I love you Hyoyeon.”

 

It was the faintest whisper but it’s like being yelled next to her ear. The feeling swelled inside her as she closes her eyes to submit on the feeling of being loved for real.

 

It may be so dangerous, so forbidden, but she is willing to take the risks. After all, she had already started it so better put up a fight against everything till the end if she has to; if it is what it takes to have him.

 

He was as careful as he parts from the hug; his hands moving to cup her face and look into those eyes, not anymore holding back what he feels for real. He bends down, slowly till his lips touched hers.

 

The feeling was like they had it the first time when they kissed under the same shade on their very first date.

 

It was brief but it holds much meaning and emotion for the both of them. When he parts, he let his lips touch her forehead, whispering same phrase.

 

“I love you Hyoyeon, I really do.”

 

A warm smile bloomed on her face as she wraps her arms on his neck as his arms on her waist for a hug.

 

“UNNIE!”

A familiar voice echoed from the other side of the side street. She parts and saw her younger sister waving at her, giggling visibly probably from what she is seeing.

She checked both sides of the road and started to cross.

 

But the unfortunate happened.

 

It was so quick, so fast. A black car suddenly appeared out of nowhere, zooming nearer the oblivious Soohyun. Hyoyeon’s eyes widened but her warning is already too late. The car zoomed even faster and hits Soohyun, sending her few feet away on the deserted road. The said car just zoomed away. The shock prevented the two from checking the plate number, but it would be useless because it has none of it.

 

Hyoyeon ran to get to her sister, pulling her in her arms as she tries to shake her awake.

“Soohyun, wake up, please. Soohyun…” she started touching her sister’s face stained with blood as Lay picks up his phone to call for an ambulance.

“Yah! Soohyun!” and when the said girl barely budged, she held her in her arms as she cried, cursing herself. Lay wrapped his arms on her as she sobs into the lifeless body of her sister.

 

**********

 

Soohyun was declared dead on arrival. Kyoung Jae was at a loss for words from what had happened. The wake soon followed that even though it is already midnight, the people close to them poured inside the wake room.

Hyoyeon’s friends comforted her as she stares at the immortalized picture of her sister. Silent tears would fall that would make the present girls cry at her loss.

Kyoung Jae is just at the corner, silent, and unmoving. It was Kibum and Sooro who acted as part of the bereaved family and entertain the newcomers.

 

“What happened?” Kris asked Lay who stood by the door, looking like he is afraid of even getting inside.

“I don’t know. Maybe bad luck is really looting for me. It was under the shame shade. Soohyun was just about to cross and this car with no plate number appeared out of nowhere,” then he bowed his head.

 

**********

 

Hyoyeon had been completely out of her sanity, still emotionless near the pedestal where her sister’s picture is placed. She didn’t even notice the twins and their younger sister move to get near her, surrounding her.

“Hyo noona, why are you crying?” Kyle asked.

“Mommy said Soohyun noona is already with the angels,” Kirby added, looking at her.

She let out a sad sob upon hearing those phrases, “I will miss your Soohyun noona.”

 

The little girl dabbed a handkerchief on her face to wipe away those tear stains.

“Unnie, Mommy said we should not be sad because Soohyun Unnie will be sad as well,” she smiled at the crying lady.

Hyoyeon choked back a sob as she pulls Summer in her arms. The little girl hugged her back like she knows just what Hyoyeon needs.

 

**********

 

For the burial, there were only Hyoyeon and Kyoung Jae. The rest understood their situation and gave way to what the two had already planned. The two was just silent as they watch the marble statue that is now standing above the ground where they buried Soohyun’s ashes. A blow of wind made her close her eyes, a tear escaping from it.