Page Seven

Untold Pages

The boys were huddled in a group as they watch Lay smile once in a while, while holding his phone.

“What’s with that guy? Are they back together again?” Xiumin asked over the others.

“Maybe,” Luhan replied, watching the guy laugh a little then tapping his phone again.

“He must have been and they are exchanging messages already,” Baekhyun said.

“But that is so new of him. You know, to smile like an idiot while texting,” Chanyeol remarked.

The others stayed silent as they watch the oblivious Lay.

 

Little they know, the married one is watching Lay too while they are on the veranda with their kids. The large window beside Lay gave them the chance to see him blush and smile at his phone.

“Yeobo, what’s with Lay today?” Sooyoung asked as she adjusts Summer on her lap.

“I don’t know either. He must have reconciled with Hyoyeon,” he replied before turning to his daughter. The twins are running about the open garden with Sehun and Kai.

“Then Hyo would have called me. She can’t keep it a secret,” she replied watching Lay tap his phone probably for a reply.

“Then it would only mean another thing. He might have found another girl, which is so not him,” Kris replied still smiling and cooing at their daughter.

 

The visits to the specialists were futile because their daughter is perfectly fine. No physical or mental defects. She is just the type not to be so responsive but not totally insensitive. She is just one of those rare babies who preferred silence more than being pampered and cooed almost every moment. She is the exact opposite of her older twin brothers.  But that news still scares the couple and the boys, but then they just have to deal with it.

 

**********

 

Feeling too engrossed n his phone all day long while exchanging messages with Min Ah, he decided to call her instead.

“Yeoboseo?” he said after the call was picked up.

“Ne,” came her soft and cute voice.

“I thought I might just hear you talk instead of messages,” he replied, feeling shy all of the sudden.

“Waeyo?”

“Nothing, I just … never mind. By the way, are you free tomorrow?” he asked.

“I have my work by eight. Are you asking me out?” she chuckled which made him blush for no reason at all.

“If it’s like that then yes, can I ask you out? Dinner?” he asked again.

”Sure. I’ll be off by five.”

“Then I will pick you up?” he asked, getting excited all of the sudden.

“Let’s just meet at the café house, will that be fine?”

“Sure, I’ll wait for you in there. So, I guess that will be fine. I’ll hang up so you can work on whatever you are doing right now.”

“Ne, I’ll just meet you there. Good day Lay,” then she hung up first.

 

When he was done with the call, he was startled by the boys who swarmed over him with teasing and sly looks.

“Hey there unicorn, what’s that ‘can I ask you out?’ phrase eh?” Xiumin tapped his shoulder as they squeezed him on the sofa.

“What? I am just being nice to a friend,” he tried to reason out, trying to take their weight on him.

“Being nice? But that looks like a girl, not a boy right?” Luhan smiled as the others snickered at him.

“So what if it is a girl? What’s wrong about asking a girl out?” he looked at them, feeling the blood rush to his cheeks.

 

That’s when the boys erupted on loud guffaws and gave him playful punches in the arm.

“You really have changed, so who is it? Is it Hyoyeon? Are you two back again?” Suho asked.

“Aniyo, we’re just … friends,” he replied, avoiding their eyes.

“Eh? So who is it?” Tao asked.

“Min Ah,” he replied, a warm smile spreading over his face.

“Oh~ looks like you are serious eh? when was the last time I saw you smile because of a girl?” Chen tried to think, a grin on his lips.

“He never been on a date before, I often question his uality before,” Baekhyun laughed.

“Aniyo, I had been on a date before,” he moved to get out from the sofa to breath.

“DATE? WITH WHO?” the boys exclaimed in unison.

He just looked away, deciding to join the couple on the veranda.