Page Twenty Four

Untold Pages

Her car stopped right in front of the big building with big inscriptions that surely glows at night because of the colored fluorescent lights that borders the name of the said structure, “The Deck.”

From the broad daylight, no one would think that this said structure houses people who go crazy under disco lights and music every night.

 

Yes, it is a club, a widely recognized club owned by Himchan himself. But then, not all knows that within this club, on its secret rooms happens secret deals that involves not just thousands of money but millions up to billions. Exchange of ammunitions, drugs, smuggled goods and all sorts of so called, ‘dirty transactions’ happens on those rooms as well.

 

 

The muscular guy in black shirt stopped her when she was about to enter the premises of the said building. She rolled her eyes and lifts up the necklace Suho gave her. The man’s eyes widened and soon bowed his head, motioning her to follow him. It leads her to think just how precious that necklace is.

 

They went up on a narrow staircase just at the left of the entrance and soon moved on the same narrow hallways. They stopped on the very end door. The said guy opened the door for her, “He is inside ma’am.”

She gave a dismissing wave and closed the door with her.

 

The room reeks with the smell of cigarette, liquor and . It’s actually a messy sight. Cigarette butts everywhere on the floor with some small white packets, empty bottles on the table and some on the floor and two ladies, on both sides of a sleeping Himchan. There is a large screen situated above the doorframe with small partitions, giving off live feeds of CCTV’s around the building. There are few peeping piles of boxes behind the sofa.

 

A typical girl would have vomit or screamed or the likes, but don’t count her as one of those ladies. Hyoyeon moved behind the large L-shaped sofa, stopping behind the sleeping guy. With his head bent low, she whispered, “You will never fool me with that sleeping technique, wake up now or I will put a bullet on both of that sleeping women on your sides.”

 

A low, drunken chuckle made her retreat and move back to where she was standing a while ago. Himchan pulled his head up and smirked at her. “I should have not thought of this stupid idea, I look like a retarded fool. I underestimated you. But these two,” he pointed on the ladies, “are really too high to even wake up. So what made the Apple come over and visit my humble workplace?” he grinned.

 

“How’s business?” she casually asked, dusting off a part of the table to sit and look at him across the large glass table.

“Ask Baekho and Eunji on that matter. I don’t know anything about deals and transactions,” he replied, reaching for a half consumed bottle of liquor.

“You drink and do drugs too?” she asked again, eyeing the sachets on the table.

“Suddenly concerned about my well being?” Himchan smirked after drinking.

Hyoyeon returned the gesture, “You don’t concern me, I am just asking about what I plainly see in this room.”

“Does it even matter for you?”

She gave a nod.

“So we are your second mission? Hey, can I throw a question? It’s been itching on my tongue,” he grinned, this time with a hint of malice.

She tilted her head to assess him but gave a nod.

 

“Have you hooked up for a one night stand with that Chinese guy?”

Her silence made the grin on Himchan’s face grow wider.

“Does it even matter for you?” she asked after a few moments.

“Yes, because I would be glad to be your first, if you don’t mind.”

 

She leaned forward, “Talking dirty to me will not give you that privilege. The fact that I am still a is not of your concern, even as to whom I would give it. I’m sorry.”

Himchan laughed, “You will not get anything from me, just give up on whatever you are doing.”

Hyoyeon stood up, “I won’t insist if you won’t speak up. This room already speaks volumes already.”

 

She walked to open the door. Before leaving, she turned her head to look at him.

“I think this belongs to you,” then she threw the necklace on Himchan.

She grinned when pure shock registers on the male’s face the closed the door with her.

She checked her watch, ‘Next stop, Eunji.’

 

**********

 

Hyoyeon arrived on a very classy restaurant, a 45 minute-drive away from ‘The Decks.’ The waiter waiting by the door immediately recognized her and motioned her to follow him on the reserved table. There goes Eunji in corporate suit with matching pencil skirt, already taking her lunch.

“I guess I am late on my own set appointment,” Hyoyeon said after sitting opposite her.

She placed down her spoon and wiped her lips, “Being late for just three minutes and 47 seconds can be considered such, but since I was being rude for going on ahead the meal without waiting for my host, then I will spare you this time.”

“Still prim and proper,” Hyoyeon smiled as she gives her order on that awaiting waiter.

 

“So why did you set up an appointment with me? It’s very unusual and untimely as well,” Eunji looked at her, placing down her spoon and fork on the left side of her plate, observing proper etiquette.

“Isn’t it bad to meet a colleague?” Hyoyeon replied.

“Being just mere acquaintances during my years in the academy, I can’t even say we are colleague.”

Hyoyeon sighed.

 

There had been that inner conflict between the two since they had been always paired up to be the most excellent students, but Hyoyeon always manages to emerge on top, leaving her to stay on the shadows. For that matter, she never had a decent conversation with her. A nod of recognition is already enough.

 

“It’s not my fault,” Hyoyeon stated, suddenly losing her appetite.

“We both know that it is not really your fault, but I really hate it when I get overshadowed by others, especially one of the so-called Kim,” Eunji stared at her, her expression indifferent.

“I know that your father left you and your mother because of the Twin Trouble’s parents, but I have nothing to do with that, neither the two. It’s a matter which we should put behind us,” Hyoyeon replied.

“You don’t know anything about losing a parent, so don’t go around acting like you care,” Eunji stated, her face still emotionless which somehow scares Hyoyeon.

 

After a fleeting moment of intense eye contact, Eunji heaved a sigh and plastered a real smile on her face. If it is fake or not, Hyoyeon does not know, because all she knows is that Eunji is very good in hiding and faking her emotions; even her eyes follows with it which she considers a very rare skill.

“So how can I help the Apple of the Hollows?” Eunji smiled.

 

Hyoyeon can only shake her head, reaching for her glass of wine. “I won’t ask anymore. I think I already know what I should know,” she smiled, eyeing the black wrist watch from Eunji’s right hand.

“I can’t help but wonder how did you and Lay became a hot topic among us,” Eunji grinned.

With all her effort not to blush, Hyoyeon failed when Eunji chuckled as she felt her cheeks get even warmer.

“You really like him, eh?” the other teased the blushing one.

“I won’t say anything regarding that,” Hyoyeon suddenly finds the wine interesting.

“Yeah, because your action speaks louder and clearly than your words.”

 

Hyoyeon just focused on her wine and sooner called the waiter for the bill. Eunji checked her watch, “I’ll go ahead. I still have more appointments to do, if you would excuse me.”

“Yeah, go ahead. I am fine with it, you don’t need to ask for permission,” the blonde smiled.

“I don’t want to be rude,” then she left the table just as the waiter comes back with Hyoyeon’s card.