Page Nineteen

Untold Pages

DAY THREE

 

Xiumin proceeded to get to his lab when everyone had already left. Sooyoung is already out with Summer while the twins were sent off to the day care center by their father.

 

He placed his wireless earphone and started tracking the people which will narrow down their search list to the suspect itself.

“Chanyeol, are you on the way already?” he pressed the first button as he watch the red dot on the screen move on the highways.

“Yeah, I am on my way to get there.”

Xiumin checked Tao and Lay as well and they are heading on their own designated places.

 

He is busy on monitoring each of their every move. Kai soon joined the chase as he calls Xiumin, adding another labeled dot on his screen.

He made sure that every car that they will use will have tracking device so they can be monitored properly.

 

While he is on the screen, he made another call.

“Hyo, when can you be out?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I can’t just leave right away or else my sister will suspect me.”

“I have Tao, Chanyeol, and Kai on the field to track that guy. He has three stated address on my database so we have to get to all of those three so we can track him right away,” Xiumin lied. In fact, there are four locations to be searched. Lay is on the fourth one.

“Thank you so much, I’ll pay you back after this.”

“Just get along well with Lay, I will not ask for anything more,” Xiumin chuckled as the lady on the other line whined a protest.

 

She didn’t know that the call Xiumin made is in conference and all the four on the field heard the exchange, but none reacted or else they will be busted. Right after she ended the call, Xiumin re monitoring the others.

 

**********

 

As Hyoyeon’s side is very busy on hunting down their so-called connection and lead to get to the suspect, the Reaper had already drugged the suspect right after she had gone out her place. After securing her on the back seat, he went on his way just as Kai had to pull up on the said building where the said lead they have lives. He had to change in a uniform like the hotel’s staffs to start his disguise as a housekeeping staff. He dragged a stationary cart full of cleaning equipment by the staff’s room.

 

Kai proceeded to get to the elevator and pressed the given floor number. The number of the room is 487 and he was not startled when a man opened up the door.

“Yes, how may I help you?” the man said.

“Housekeeping sir,” Kai smiled, pushing the cart aside.

“Oh, yeah,” then he opened the door for him as Kai followed him inside.

 

Kai had attached the small surveillance camera on his apron as he started his so called cleaning duty. All the time he is cleaning, he took in his surrounding and observed the guy who proceeds to get to his room, probably to change.

 

Xiumin, on the other hand, captured the feed of the surveillance camera of Kai and processed the image of the guy. There was some typing and such before the screen blinks with a complete profile of the guy. A quick run and he gave his instruction.

 

“That’s him. Tie him up quietly and the other will follow you there,” he instructed.

 

A menacing smirk appeared on Kai’s face as he prepares his things before walking inside the room where the guy disappeared. The sound of the running water confirmed that he under the shower. Without further ado, he opened the unlocked door and startled the man under the running water. Even before he could react, Kai had already moved to use the wushu skill Tao had taught him to immediately put someone into the realm of unconsciousness. It was a hit on the back of his neck.

 

The man fell on a heap under the running shower. Kai had to turn it off then dragged the guy inside the room. He picked up some clothes on the closet and did the courtesy of clothing him. After covering him, he went out to get the rope to tie him and the tape to gag him. He removed the apron then sat on the couch as he let the guy lay on the couch.

 

**********

 

“Get to Kai; he had subdued the target. We just have to transport him there so we can interrogate him,” Xiumin instructed.

“What? Kai made it again?”-Tao

“Why doesn’t he apply to the government and be some kind of spy?” –Chanyeol

“I can’t follow, Min Ah called me. I need to meet her.” – Lay

“Then get to her. You don’t want to let Hyoyeon know that you helped her right?” Xiumin stated.

Lay gave a brief reply and disconnected himself on the conference call.

 

The two made a turn to get to where Kai is located. When they got there, simultaneously, they saw Kai seated on a single seated leather sofa and seems to be busy on his phone with his earphone on.

“Let’s get this moved,” Tao said, pointing over the still unconscious guy.

 

This time, it’s Chanyeol and Tao who brought the guy and used the emergency exit. It was good to note that the said hotel doesn’t put up CCTV camera since it barely had guests. The location of the said hotel is almost on the most secluded part of the city.

 

Tao took the hostage as the others followed with their cars to get to the said location.

Xiumin logged off his lab and dressed up to follow them there.

 

**********

 

It was around two in the afternoon when Hyoyeon and Soohyun left the theater hall. Soohyun had gone on the performance as her older sister would just nod on parts where she should nod. The younger one noticed her distracted older sister.

“Unnie is there something wrong?” she asked.

Hyoyeon was startled but smiled at her, “I am just thinking about what to cook for dinner to celebrate for your performance.”

 

Soohyun gave an understanding nod, “You can drop me at home then get to where you should get to. I will be fine; I can cook for you and oppa instead.”

Hyoyeon would want to protest but Soohyun made it clear already.

 

After sending her home, Hyoyeon raced to get where Xiumin said she would follow. She was soon scared when she gets to the deserted place and the rocky road that lead to a massive abandoned warehouse. Three stylish cars and a sleek black motorcycle are parked outside. She parked hers behind the third car. After killing the engine, she moved out and went inside the said structure.

 

Her ears caught a faint trace of music so she followed it till she saw Xiumin, Tao, Kai and Chanyeol down on where she stands. A rusty ladder leads her down them. Straws filled the floor and some more dysfunctional materials abound the place.

“What are they doing here?” she asked which made the males look at her.

“They helped me track down this guy,” Xiumin explained, “And this is the guy I am telling you,” he pointed to the guy beaten on the face and is almost beyond recognition already.

 

“So far, after everything, he is still stubborn,” Kai hissed and kicked the guy causing him to fall on the floor together with the chair.

Chanyeol had to pull him up again, “Enough now Kai, you had your dose,” he stated.

The guy spluttered some blood and even has the energy to smirk at them, “Even if you beat me again, I will not spill anything. She had already left by now and soon the Nymphs will fall.”

 

Tao was about to kick him again but Xiumin stopped him. Hyoyeon is still glued on his spot. She is still processing the part of seeing these three people doing some ‘dirty’ works. Their innocent faces are really deceiving.

 

Hyoyeon stepped forward and asked the guy for the last time, “Who is she?”

The guy opted to stay silent. She had to stop herself from pulling her gun and shooting the guy right away. As she tries to think of other ways to extract information, something glistening on the neck of the guy caught her eyes. A silver necklace with a single attached letter made her turn her head to look at Xiumin.

 

“Did you bring anything that can help in tracking the profile of the workers of ‘Golden Hall’ restaurant?” she asked.

“It’s nice to have the initiative,” he pointed on his laptop.

“Get me the profile of the bartender of the restaurant,” she moved near him.

 

He typed some words and the profile of the guy appeared. Hyoyeon cursed and said the name of the woman they had been looking for. She had to leave the task to Xiumin as she runs out of the warehouse to get to Shin Min Ah’s office.

 

**********

 

Little did Hyoyeon know, the Reaper had already brought the suspect at the office of the leader of the Nymphs.

 

Shin Min Ah was startled when a staggering tied up Fei was pushed on the floor and pinned down by the Reaper’s foot.

“Here’s what you asked for,” he said.

“What do you mean?” Shin Min Ah stood up on her seat, shocked on the statement.

“She is the one who had been sabotaging your deals,” he stated, handing over some photos.

 

After a quick look on those, she looked back at the young face of the Reaper looking like she wants an explanation.

 

“Perhaps a little rewind on your past so you get enlightened. If you can still remember the first family you had to murder for your initiation to get to the mafia world, you had been wrong in assuming that you had wiped off every member of the family. You missed a son who was on vacation at Hongkong and a daughter,” he pointed at the crouched Fei on his foot, “that is studying at Paris.”

 

“She is their daughter?” Shin Min Ah stared at Fei.

“Yes, I am their daughter you cold blooded murderer,” Fei hissed but was silenced when the Reaper placed a pressure on his foot on her shoulder.

 

“Getting back on my tale, her brother went insane after learning the news and had been kept at an asylum on a certain district around the country,” he threw another photo on Shin Min Ah’s table.

“His name is Jackson; she visited him just a day ago.”

 

“You started with Jia and Luna and were bankrupted on your fourth year and were forced to flee but she saved you and your limping group. Would it be quite weird to have someone to just invest right away with a staggering group and she even paid all of your debts. My, I would really get curious by now, right?” the Reaper grinned at Shin Min Ah.

 

“I was ordered to kill her, but I am giving you the honor to do it,” he handed her a gun. Shin Min Ah reached for it, looking down at Fei who is glaring up at her with daggers in her eyes.

She pointed the gun on her, her hands suddenly trembling from the gesture.

 

The two were startled when Fei started to move and toppled the Reaper down the floor. The shock prevented Shin Min Ah from shooting right away. The Reaper was quick on his feet and toppled the woman and dragged her back to face the gunpoint.

Tears rolled down Fei’s face, “You don’t know the feeling because you don’t know the feeling of losing a family. A cold blooded murderer like you doesn’t have any heart to feel any pain! MURDERER!” she yelled.

 

Shin Min Ah smirked, a sad one, “I was like this because it is not just my family that I lost, I even lost my only son.” Then she lowered the gun.

The Reaper gaped at the leader who looked like she is fighting over whether to kill Fei or not. Given the strict order, he broke the silence.

 

“I really hate drama. I’ll take over. Your order was clear and I am just doing it,” he pulled another gun at his back. Even before Shin Min Ah could stop him, he shot Fei right at the back of her head.

 

With a satisfied smile, he placed the gun on his back again. “I believe I am done in here. You can clean the mess,” then left Shin Min Ah to stare at the lifeless body of the woman who had been with her for years. She was suddenly feeling guilt and regret to even ask for help, but now all she can do is watch the blood to pool on Fei’s head.

 

**********

 

Hyoyeon can already see the building where Shin Min Ah’s office is located. The shrill of her ringtone caught her attention. She received the call, letting the phone go in speakers.

“Hyoyeon speaking,” she said.

A mechanical voice replied, “Mission one already finished. The Reaper wins.”

 

She almost crashed on the car upfront which came to a stop because of the red lights.

She failed when she was this close to get to the bottom of it.

She slammed the steering wheels and made a U-turn to just head home and accept defeat.

She kept in mind that she still has four more missions.

She just has to be quick and focus.