Page Fourteen

Untold Pages

Sooner, Hyoyeon was crowded by gentlemen trying to dance with her. She graced only a few of them and excused herself saying she is tired.  She moved to get near her older brother.

“Oppa, I will be just out in the garden. I am suffocated by these people,” she whispered which her brother permitted.

Smiling at the people around her brother, she took the steps up since the way out is on the left side upstairs. As she is moving to get to the door, she passed by a few couples making out discreetly on corners. The last one did it in the open. She was startled a bit to see Hyuna pinned on the wall as a guy hovers over her. The only clue she had about the identity of the guys is the red mask hanging on his neck.

 

She moved past them quickly and stepped out on the outside, steeping down the stairs to get to the garden.  She removed her shoes and let the cool green grass massage her feet. She moved by steps as she watches the fountain shoot out waters and the lights on the said structure change. The wind blew over her as she removes the tie of her mask, freeing herself of the said accessory.

 

“I thought I will have my time in here alone.”

She whipped her head around and saw Lay leaning on a statue, holding his purple mask, a smile tugged on her lips.

The blood started to rush to attack her cheeks.

“You are blushing again,” he slowly moved to get near her.

“Lay, this is totally wrong. Stop whatever you are doing. You are already going out with a girl. It appears like you are two timing us,” she exhaled, meeting his eyes.

“Yes, I am going out with her, but then there’s no clear definition of what relationship do we have. She is not my girlfriend and I am not her suitor either,” he explained.

“But seeing you two going out and kissing under the rain would mean – “she stopped on her words, dropping her shoes and her mask she covers .

 

“Kiss under the rain?” Lay arched a brow, his smile turning to something inquisitive.

She gulped, stepping back.

“You are there?” he asked, moving near her again.

She blinked, tears blurring her eyes as the pain of seeing them under the rain flashes in her mind.

 

When the silence seemed unbearable already, he sighs.

“I told you a while ago, those are not something I cherish. I only cherish kisses which I initiate, not those initiated by others,” he smiled at her.

She blinked rapidly, her eyes suddenly getting clear.

He moved closer till he is so close that his scent overpowered her senses.

“I said something about having only one kiss, so how about making it two?”

 

She looked up only to freeze when he cupped her face and kissed her. It was so sweet and slow but sooner, when she responded to him, he started to get needy, get demanding, as he teases her to open that when she did, she was lost on the sensation as he explores with his tongue. His hands moved down her shoulders to her waist to pull her closer. It was so sweet, so divine, so sensational, and so sensual that when they parted for the much needed air she finds it annoying to stop the kiss.

 

Their chest touching were both heaving to catch their breath as he let his forehead touch hers. Her parted swollen lips are so inviting that he can’t help but brush his thumb on it. “You are beautiful,” he whispered.

Tears finally rolled down her face, startling him.

“Why can’t we be together?” she asked, sobbing.

“Because we started off the wrong foot,” he replied, brushing those tears with his thumbs.

“We can work that out,” she sounded pained, desperate.

“No, we can’t and besides, I did something terrible which is unforgivable,” he replied, hushing her.

“I am willing to forgive you, please,” she cried, her grip in his arms tightened.

“This is not the time for us to be together. We have to try to keep some distance and meet up some other people,” he replied, feeling the pain sears him upon witnessing her crying face.

“You saying like we had been together for long all by ourselves when you know it’s the opposite. It’s confusing and very painful for me,” she bowed her head even lower, tears cascading even more.

 

“You are not the only one hurting. This is not really the time for us. I treasure those brief memories, but then I cannot promise you that something you want,” he said, hugging her.

“Did you ever love me?” she asked, almost whispering.

He did not reply which all the more made her cry.

 

It pained her to witness how something sweet can instantly turn to something painful the next moment. This is not the thing she witness and hear on the TV and on her friends tales. It confused her all the more as to where to believe. This reality happening right now or what other tells her?

 

Seeing them together, huddling in a hug and crying is something that will really make you cry, but the two pair of eyes eyeing them around the vast garden shows the opposite. The sight is something to behold and grin about.

‘The thing about them that circulates around the underworld is not really a rumor but something true,’ one of those eyes thought and lifted a camera to capture the so-called ‘heart breaking’ scene before her eyes.

 

The other pair of eyes moves to call someone and relays the news about the broken hearted couple oblivious of those two spies.