Page Ten

Untold Pages

“Oppa, I am so bored,” Hyoyeon whined over breakfast.

“Don’t worry; he has something in store for you. He is just polishing the plan,” he replied.

“Really? Finally, something to work on,” she smiled and gets on her breakfast.

“Unnie, can we go shopping today?” Soohyun asked her afterwards.

“Sure! Then we’ll go visit your Sooyoung Unnie and her kids,” she replied which made the younger one clap her hands in glee.

“Send my regards to her,” Kyoung Jae added.

“You know her too?”

“I know all your best friends and the family members of my associates, if you forgot,” he rolled his eyes on her.

She rolled her eyes too and gets back on her plate.

 

**********

 

The mall is bustling with people when they got there. Hyoyeon phoned Sooyoung and promised to have lunch at their place together with her little sister.

“Unnie, should we head on to the boutiques for dresses?” her younger sister asked.

“Yeah, let’s get in there,” then they proceeded to the very nearest one.

 

A typical shopping for girls usually lasts for hours but since she promised Sooyoung lunchtime, they went to pick up some treats for the married ones kids before they went there.

“I’ll have a box of tarts with macaroons and six bubble teas. Oh, and a layer of your best cake,” Soohyun ordered.

“You are not planning on bribing the kids with sweets right?” Hyoyeon looked at her sister.

“Aniyo, that will be for our desserts,” she replied.

 

As they wait for their order, someone outside the cake shop caught Hyoyeon’s attention. Her actions may look discreet in the real sense but Hyoyeon knows well.

‘What is Amber doing in here?’ she thought as she saw how Amber disappears on the moving crowd.

 

“Unnie, let’s go,” Soohyun pulled her back to reality as she gave a nod, helping her with the orders.

 

**********

 

They arrived on the Wu’s mansion just right after twelve. They were welcomed by the running toddlers and Kyungsoo running after them.

“Oh, Sooyoung’s expecting you on the kitchen. She probably needs a hand in there since I can’t leave this twins running about,” he smiled at the two.

Soohyun gave a polite bow on the guy, a blush visible on her cheeks as she follows her sister to the kitchen.

 

“Need a hand?” Hyoyeon placed the bags on the counter.

Sooyoung turned her head and squealed in delight upon seeing the two ladies.

“Omo! Hyoyeon! Soohyun!” then left the stove to give the two a quick hug.

“You have too much work in here eh?” Hyoyeon noted as she grabs the spare apron to help Sooyoung.

“Unnie, are you expecting guests today?” Soohyun asked as she helps in arranging the ingredients in an arm’s length for the two.

“The boys promised to be home for lunch,” she smiled, eyeing Hyoyeon who looked back at her.

 

The next hour or so was all about preparing stuffs as the boys started to arrive one by one. Jinri and Minki even came. The people present overwhelmed Soohyun as she tries to clam herself.

“Are you okay?” Sooyoung patted her shoulder as she removes her apron.

“She’s not used on a table full of people. You know probably that there is only three of us at home right?” Hyoyeon assured her younger sister afterwards.

 

Soohyun sat between Sooyoung and Hyoyeon, Kris on the head of the table while the others find their way around the table. Jinri is sandwiched between Sehun and Minki.

It was a lively lunch, much to Sooyoung’s delight. The dessert Hyoyeon and Soohyun bought was well divided as well except for the bubble teas. But then, the host is aware of those stolen glances Lay throws Hyoyeon. The dish clearing was then given to Sehun and Jinri. Soohyun decided to help the two since she finds comfort in Jinri’s company.

 

The other’s dissipated on the house together with the twins and Summer who finds comfort in Lay’s arms. Hyoyeon, who’s fond of the baby girl finds it hard to resist the pouting girl and decided to get near Lay.

“You are fond of Summer as well? Not the twins?” he asked when she sat a feet away from him. Summer squirmed in his arms and reached for Hyoyeon. The lady reached for her.

“I like her more, but I don’t despise the two. They are all adorable in many ways,” she smiled and started cooing words on the toothy girl.

“Would you want to go out later?” he asked, startling her.

“I would love to, but I believe you owe your girlfriend a date as well. I don’t want her to get the wrong impression,” she refused.

“I am not going two timing on you, if that’s what you are thinking. Besides, she is not yet my girlfriend,” he replied.

“The idea is still the same for me,” she replied, letting out a weary sigh.

“I’m sorry,” he stated, feeling guilty.