Page Twenty Two

Untold Pages

“Oppa, let’s go,” Min Ah reached for Lay’s hand which the male offered. They had been going out more frequently than what he expects. She had proved to be more willing to bring it on some level but Lay had other things to do and he is satisfied on the occasional meet ups they do.

 

He decided to use his car this time since Min Ah insisted on watching a movie. The Saturday morning is bright and clear and it would have been nice to take a walk around the place. But since Min Ah insisted on going to the cinema, he has no choice but to agree. He doesn’t want to hurt the girl’s feelings in the first place.

 

But one issue about them annoys him.

 

He hates it when she calls him ‘Oppa.’ It doesn’t sound like an endearment for him but a brand that marks him as hers. But then, the Korean culture permits the use especially if the boy is older than the girl. Yet, it still annoys him. She makes it sound like an endearment for her boyfriend than the usual form call of respect for girls for male older than them.

 

He let her choose the movie as he moves to buy some popcorn and drinks. While on his line, he saw someone talking with the Twin Trouble from one of the distant lines. He can’t quite recognize the face since the person has his back on him and the lines block his view.

 

“Sir, would you want to order?” the man behind the counter pulled him back to reality. He made a quick order of large drinks and large box of sweet popcorn. After paying, he tried to look for the guy but the three had left the place already.

 

“Oppa, what took you so long?” Min Ah wrapped her arms on his and pouted.

“The lines are quite long,” he smiled and handed her one of the drinks.

She smiled and reached for the drink before they moved to get to the cinema room.

 

‘This will be a long day,’ he thought as they finally settled down their seats.

 

**********

 

Namjoon moved about the café house after serving a whining Kyle and Kirby who are with their father. Jungkook and Taehyung haven’t arrived yet and they will not be due till later. He savors the moment of serving because once the two arrives; he will be back on his throne at the counter.

 

The door jingled and Luna, clad in casual black skinny jeans with polo, stepped inside. She walks up to the counter and checked the menu.

“Can I have one of your best lattes?” she asked.

“What flavor would you want ma’am?” Jin asked, since he volunteered to take Namjoon’s place for a while.

“Mocha will do,” she replied.

“To go?” Jin asked as he punches the order.

“Yes please,” she replied again.

“Please wait over here ma’am as we make your order,” Jin pointed over the high chairs near the counter.

 

She gave a smile and moved to sit. As she waits, she looked around to check the interior of the café house.

‘This is a nice place to wind out from work. The ride will not be that far,’ she thought.

The sound of children’s voices made her turn her head on its direction and saw Kris struggling to keep the two little boys who look exactly like him.

She smiled when she remembered that Kris is married and that he has already three children. She is just left to wonder how the younger child looks like.

 

The door jingled again and a tall brunette in a light pink summer dress stepped inside, assisting a very cute and lovely baby girl who seems to be still practicing her first steps.

“MOMMY!” the two boys who are with Kris exclaimed. It caught the attention of the present customers for a while but soon they ignored it.

 

She watched as the two boys ran to meet their mother followed by Kris who picked up the little girl.

The brunette gave each of the boys a kiss on the forehead before she gives Kris a kiss. She rolled her eyes from the gesture.

 

“Don’t mind them; they are always like that when they meet,” Jin’s voice caught her attention.

“Who is that woman?” she asked.

“Oh, that’s Kris hyung’s wife, Sooyoung noona,” Jin replied.

“And those kids?”

“The twins are Kyle and Kirby although I can’t tell them apart from here and the little girl is Summer,” Jin provided and handed her the mocha latte.

 

Luna thanked Jin and started to get out of the café house when she bumped into a grinning V and a laughing Jungkook. It’s nice to note that the drink didn’t spill.

“I’m sorry!” V bowed his head and apologized, same with the confused Jungkook.

When V lifted his head and saw the face of the lady he bumped into, his eyes grew in fraction before he apologized again and rushed to get inside.

 

Luna can only give a nod of assurance as she finally steps out of the café house.

 

**********

 

When she arrived at her place, she proceeds to her white room and started typing words and key combinations. She placed her drink on the space near the keyboard. When a dialog box appeared, she typed the name KIM JONG DAE.

 

There were some run through on images before the very profile of the said guy appeared in front of her eyes. She went through over the details. A lovely smile bloomed on her face again when she came across the status part. It’s in big bold letters, SINGLE.

 

But something about his profile made her frown and stop short. With fear slowly registering on her system, she watched the sole picture her computer can provide of the person named KIM JONG DAE.

 

**********

 

Hyoyeon had just finished her morning jog around the place and is walking on her way home. She was startled to see Lay leaning near their gate. She stopped on her tracks and contemplated whether she should go ahead and meet him or turn around and wait for him to leave.

 

 

As she is struggling on her inner battle, his voice called him.

”HYO!”

She looked up to see him walking to get to where she is. He stopped just near enough for him to wipe off some sweat on her forehead.

“Why are you here?” she asked, feeling her cheeks warm up again.

“I don’t know either. I just woke up, dressed and went out for a walk and found myself at your place,” he replied.

“Seriously, why are you here?” she insisted again.

“I am serious,” he looked at her, straight in the eyes.

 

That eye contact didn’t last long as she entangles her gaze from his.

“Would you grace me a few minutes of your time for a walk? If you don’t mind?” he smiled, giving a gracious bow.

A smile bloomed on her face as she chuckles afterwards, “Certainly.”

 

They started their walk in silence. They welcomed the silence of the morning. There are occasional people they would pass by on their way who were all busy on their morning routines.

“Would you want a drink at Soojin’s café house?” he asked.

She smiled and gave a nod.

 

The café house is still bare with a fewer customers to serve. The boys are already putting up the tables outside.

“NOONA! HYUNG!” Jungkook exclaimed and ran up to meet them.

Hyoyeon smiled, “Jungkookie,” she greeted the grinning maknae.

“Are you two –“ V was quick enough to cover the maknae’s mouth before he could tell anything.

“Hyung, Noona, you can get inside and order. Namjoon and the others will be glad to see you two,” then pulled the struggling maknae on a corner to finish on the setting of the tables.

 

The moment the door jingled, all the remaining waiters greeted the two.

“Good morning! Please come and enjoy your time,” they bowed.

Lay chuckled, “You guys are too formal. I’ll have one mocha latte and a black Americano.”

Jimin eagerly smiled and moved to get their order as the remaining people greeted the two.

“Hyung, it’s been a while.” – J-Hope

“Yeah, you too noona.” – Suga

“Did you have jogged together?” – Jin

“Have you two been back already?” – Namjoon

 

The statement Namjoon released made the addressed two stare at the curious boys. It was Hyoyeon who replied.

“There were never us to start with. Why do you always think that we are together?”

This time, the boys looked at her, same with Lay.

She blinked her eyes in response, “Is there something wrong about what I said?’

Lay gave a sad smile, before speaking, “Yeah, there were never us to start with really.”

 

The questioning and exchange of gaze stopped when Jimin arrived with their order. The two finally moved to their table to enjoy the drink in silence. There are no exchanges of words, just the silence between them.