Page Six

Untold Pages

Lay had been running around the house chasing Kyle and Kirby since they had been playing with his phone and they would not give it despite its ringing.

“Kyle, please give it to me,” he knelt on his knee, tired from running around the house.

“Aniyo,” the little boy said and ran upstairs to get to their room, followed by his twin brother.

 

Kyungsoo had been left with them but he is busy on the kitchen for their lunch. It has been months since he had been free of work. Kris had not given him any assignment and so far the residence had been free from intruders.

 

He heaved a sigh as he stood up and went over the couch to take a rest. Kris and his wife together with their daughter had been out for the little girl’s check up. Everyone in the household thinks the same since she barely cries nor responds to any gesture of affection from her parents or anyone. It would smile briefly and would only cry if it needs food or need a diaper change.

 

A little hand on his arm made him turn his head to see Kirby handing him back the phone.

“Appa,” he said and gave back the phone.

He smiled and pats the head of the little boy, “Thank you.”

When the boy was gone, he checked the call logs and it was an unregistered number. He pressed the call button but it would not ring, it would lead to the voice mail box.

 

He ignored it and decided to go and visit the café house since it has been awhile too.

“Hey Kyungsoo, I will get to the café house, would you want anything?” he asked over the busy guy.

“Egg tarts for the kids and frappuccino please,” he replied without turning around.

Sooner the boys will arrive anyways, especially Jinri who had been so fond of the twins.

 

When he got on the café house, the smell of brewed coffee wafted into his nose as a smile made its way on his lips. He went over the counter and was welcomed by a sleeping V.

“Can I order something?” he asked, startling the sleeping young man.

“Oh, hyung! What can I do for you?” V blinked back the sleepiness off his eyes.

“Egg tarts and two serve of frappuccino please,” he smiled as he took one of the high chairs.

V punched in his order and received his card before he turned to sleep again.

“You look tired,” he tried to stop the young lad from sleeping.

“Had a late night yesterday,” V replied, his eyes closed already.

He gave a nod as he waited for his order when the bell jingled.

 

“Is there anyone in here?” a female voice made him turn his head to see a lady smiling up at him. With a round face with cute eyes and a very beautiful smile, he was completely taken aback. He felt a warm blush on his face. He coughed and poked the sleeping V, “Hey, V,” he said as the young man stirred on his sleep.

When he had his sleepy eyes adjusted, he apologized and tends to the lady. Just like him, both waited for their order to arrive.

“You are a regular here?” the lady started to avoid the awkward silence.

“My sister-in-law’s older sister owns this café house,” he replied, hoping that she would not get confused of his words.

“Oh,” she gave a nod.

“How about you? Are you a regular customer here?” he asked.

“Just recently. I love their egg tarts in here,” she replied.

“By the way, I am Lay, you are?” he looked at the girl, seeing her lovely smile again.

“Min Ah,” she smiled back, a faint blush coloring her cheeks.

“Are you working somewhere near here?”

She bowed her head, hiding the blush, “Aniyo. I take a fifteen minutes bus ride to get to my workplace, are you interested?”

He let out a laugh, a nervous one, “A-aniyo, I am just trying to put up a conversation to avoid the awkward silence.”

 

Their orders came both. As they are all going outside, they are still talking which made the sleepy V and the curious J-Hope to exchange looks.

“I thought hyung like Hyoyeon noona,” V asked as J-Hope gave a shrug.

 

While they are waiting for their respective bus, Lay had the courage to ask for something he thought he would never ask.

“Um, can I have your number?” he rubbed the back of his neck as he avoids her eyes. ‘I sound desperate in here,’ he thought.

“Sure! It’s not bad to be friends right?” she smiled as she reaches for his phone which he gave. After giving her number, she asked for his also which he gladly gave.

When her bus came, she waved goodbye as she alights on the front door. He smiled back when he caught a familiar figure get down on the other door of the bus but he focused on Min Ah.

 

**********

 

Hyoyeon was startled to see Lay on the bus stop, but what made her wonder all the more is to whom he is waving and looks like he is smiling. When she got down, she was able to see a pretty lady on the bus, smiling down at Lay.

 

Something pinched her heart when she saw the gesture. When she had moved near him, she was not that blind not to see the faint blush on his face. This time, it’s not a pinch but a stab on her heart. Her knees weakened from the sight. If before her knees weakens on the flutter of her heart, now, it’s the stab that hurts.

 

“Hyo,” he turned to look at her, smiling a faint one. She gave a nod of recognition trying to compose herself.

“Are you going somewhere?” he asked, holding both of his orders on one hand.

“I’m going to the café house. My sister wants me to get her some sweet treats,” she replied.

The moment was interrupted by another bus into which he alights after giving him his farewell greetings.

 

When the bus left, he left her knees finally gave ways as she fell on the bench of the bus stop. Tears made its way on her eyes as she felt her chest tighten.

‘Damn! Why am I still affected?’ she thought trying to calm her herself.

 

When she is already calm, she went over the café house. The boys are busy except for the sleeping V on the counter.

“Taehyungie,” she tapped his shoulder as the addressed one opened an eye.

“Ne noona?” he asked, still drowsy.

“Are you okay? You look like you had not slept for weeks,” she remarked sitting on a high chair.

“Noona, you had no idea what I am going through,” then he straightened up, “What you would want?” he asked.

“Can I have choco-caramel?”

“Cold or hot?”

“Cold and fudge bars,” she smiled as the young man gets busy on her orders.

 

The others crowded over her soon enough. The café house seems to be quite with a few customers.

“Noona did you and Lay hyung had a fight?” Namjoon immediately asked.

She was taken aback by the sudden query, but she is quick to hide whatever shock she had.

“Aniyo, waeyo?” she looked at the crowd around her.

“Then why didn’t we see you together?” Suga asked.

“Basically because I had just come back weeks ago and it’s not that we are on any commitment or the likes. We are just friends,” she replied, trying to buy them off with a smile.

“Oh, that must be why we did not see you for a long time,” Jungkook gave a nod.

 

It’s her time to interrogate them.

“Now that we came to that, what had happened when I was gone?” she smiled at the boys.

“We had been working here. Jungkook is already on his college years. Taehyung had two years formal schooling too while the rest of us stayed in here but we attend the same night schooling,” J-Hope replied.

“That’s nice! Sooner you would all be leaving this place for serious jobs eh?” she stared at them with amazement.

“Maybe yes, maybe no,” Jimin shrugged.

“This had been the root of our careers so we might just invest with Soojin noona and open other branches which all of us can manage,” Jin replied.

“Wow, that’s brilliant then.”

 

It was after a while before she left with her order. She occupied a vacant table and started to think about what she had witnessed on the bus stop.