Page Forty Three

Untold Pages

“This is it, we will do this,” Shin Min Ah grabbed the last gun on the table. Everyone is already ready to go. They divided the group into two; the first will block the entire attempted barricade as the second group moves to get their target.

The first group consists of Baekhyun, Sehun, Kai, Chanyeol, Luhan, Shin Min Ah and Suho; the second group consists of Kris, Hyoyeon, JR, Tao, Luna, Chen and Kyoung Jae.

 

They took the two black vans from the Wu’s garage. The location is located on a secluded part of the farthest district in the city; the one near the open sea. It’s quite funny to see how the 55-floored building stands amidst the almost rural area. They parked the car just a few blocks away from the said structure.

“Let’s get this moving shall we?” Shin Min Ah motioned Chanyeol to run the car straight to the front entrance of the said building.

 

Right after parking outside, followed by the second van, they all went out to start their long journey up.

“Twenty men at the lobby.” That was what each of their earpiece stated. The first group led by Shin Min Ah moves forward, readying their guns.

 

The moment they got inside the automated glass door, they started shooting the men in black patrolling the lobby. It created a commotion but the first group is fast enough to subdue any assailant and let the second group get into the elevator. But looks like they will have to walk because it is out of order.

“Let’s use the two emergency stairs,” Kris pointed over the right side where the first group moves as his group moves to the left stairs.

 

“The elevator works fine on the seventh floor. There are only few guards in each floor patrolling. Looks like each floor is stacked with smuggled goods and ammos. You just have to get to the seventh floor and use the elevator. Beware of the men you will meet by the stairs.”

 

True to what Xiumin had instructed, they met few men by the stairs and as they get near the seventh floor, the thunder of running footsteps down grew louder as they all move to get to the seventh floor’s elevator.

 

When they got outside the emergency door to the seventh floor, they were met with more than thirty men who were all armed, but they were all able to cover on the large boxes piled near the door. Bullets rained on the said floor as men in black falls down one by one. To shorten their time and to get fats to their target, Shin Min Ah let Chanyeol and Baekhyun stay on the floor to finish the armed guys as the group moves to the nest floor.

 

As they move, they started to get trimmed, two by two. Sehun and Kai was left on the thirteenth floor where a large number of men were situated; Luhan and Suho on the twentieth floor; Shin Min Ah had to stay alone at the 25th floor and decided to cover the other floors up to 30th floor; Kyoung Jae had to stop by the 31st floor since he has to cover up to the 37th floor.

 

Kris and the rest of the second group had to move fasts to get to the succeeding floors. They used the now functional elevators. They stopped on the 51st floor and they are not surprised to be welcomed with armed men together with Amber and Chaerin. When they ran out of ammo and men in black, it turned to be a one-one combat. This is where Tao and Chen had to stay so they can let the others step up on the next floors.

 

“You will encounter the Twin Trouble with the Reaper on the next floor. I hope you don’t get surprised when you meet the Reaper,” Xiumin warned as the remaining of the part moves to get to the next floor.

 

The lift immediately opens to the floor filled with boxes at the sides. Their rough guess is smuggled goods. Hyoyeon saw the Twin Trouble by the far left end and that is where they went. As they move closer, men in black started to close them in. they had to be lucky since there are no weapon pointed to them.

“So it will just be us eh?” Hyuna smirked as she pulls of her leather gloves.

“Pretty pathetic for someone who worked hard to grab the whole mafia members to own such a lousy and unguarded building. Is this your master’s ploy of security?” Hyoyeon stepped forward.

As they positioned themselves, another male moves and joined the Twin Trouble in facing the group. With his twisted cap and rugged looks coupled with those coal-lined eyes, a shock registers into his face when he came face to face with Kris’s group.

 

“It’s you?!?” Hyoyeon pointed over the said guy.

“Surprise, surprise,” Key chuckled and sounded his knuckles.

“Yeah, the Reaper is no other than Taehyung, or widely known by each of you as V,” JR shrugged and steps back to face the men in black that surrounded them.

 

“Rough calculation, probably a hundred men excluding the Reaper and the Twin Trouble.”

 

“Xiumin better explain this when we get back,” Kris hissed and assessed the men who closed them in. “Let’s get this done,” he added and started the first move.

 

The fight started as those men started to disintegrate the four people into separate circles. Hyuna moves to get into Luna; Key on Kris’s circle as JR gets the honor of being with Hyoyeon and with the most number to beat. And if it is not surprising anymore, V decided to join them.

 

“What are you doing? You should be helping the Twins, why are you sticking to us?” JR asks as he throws a punch on his left and a round kick on his right.

“Change of plans. I never thought they will have to take Sooyoung noona and Summer,” V replied, taking down three men after a successful round kick.

 

The battle continued till all those men in black laid down the floor, either in intense pain or knocked out and unconscious. The only left battle is Luna and Hyuna and Kris with Key.

“Let’s get this done and save noona,” V pulled out a gun and shot Key at the back of his head, surprising Hyuna.

“What the hell are you doing you freak?!?” she shrieked. Getting occupied with what had happened; Luna knocked her down the floor as she groans in pain.

“You lied to me noona. You promised you will never get to people close to me,” V readied his gun, pointing it on the already bruised Hyuna on the floor.

“No one takes promises here you fool,” she chuckled, blood seeping out of her already red lips.

With that blank expression, he pulled the trigger, silencing the chuckling lady.

 

“It was you all along? What did you do with my wife you traitor?” Kris pulled the lad in his collar, glaring menacingly at V.

“I was deceived hyung. I never intend to do it. Please believe me,” V stuttered, scared by the gleam of anger and that look that can kill from Kris’s eyes.

“Kris, this is not the time to be hot-tempered. Just let it go, he can explain later. We still have to find your wife and daughter and Kyungsoo,” Hyoyeon held his arm.

 

Kris lets go, still glaring at the lad. Luna motioned on the open elevator and everyone stepped inside. Each had the chance to study their already bruised faces on the platinum door of the elevator.

“37 armed men on the next floor, do you still have any spare weapon with you?” Xiumin asked form their earpieces.

They had to sigh in relief as each of them pulls out their last weapon.

 

“The lift will open in 5…

.

.

4…

.

.

3…

.

.

2…

.

.

1..”

 

 

*TING*

 

The moment the door opens, they were showered with bullets as they all scurry for cover on the spare boxes and furniture within the floor. It will be impossible if none were injured. Hyoyeon and Luna who were in front got a shot on their shoulders. V was able to hide on the floor numbers while JR had to endure the shot on his left arm. Kris was given the honor to be shot on the shoulder and left arm as well.

 

The floor resounds with loud bangs and bullets exchange. Those near them will suffer from physical injury as well before being shot. Luna ran out of bullets and had to pick up some spare gun from dead men around. She moves to get near the wooden door, shooting whoever will block her way as the others follow her suit.

 

When they had cleared it, Kris’s kicks the door and there goes her father, standing behind Kyungsoo and Sooyoung, holding a gun.

“Move and one of them dies, take a step and I will kill both,” Zhangyin pulled another gun and pointed it on the two. Kyungsoo and Sooyoung were still blindfolded.

 

“Why would you go far as kidnapping my wife and daughter?” Kris asked, gritting his teeth to control his anger.

“I don’t have time to chit chat, now all you have to do is join me and I will free both, with your daughter as the bonus,” Zhangyin grinned.

“Kris!” Sooyoung exclaimed as she tries to get off the ropes around her.

“Shut up!” Then Zhangyin hits her with the hand of the gun as she limps on the chair.

 

V who is just behind the group inserted a silencer on his gun and discreetly pointed it on Zhangyin’s hand as he points it back on the already unconscious Sooyoung. He noticed the slight shake of the man’s hand as he held the gun and he had to grin about it. ‘The one who will lead the whole mafia is a weakling?’ he thought. Then with a deep breath, he pulled the trigger as the muted sound echoed.

 

Zhangyin was hit on the right, freeing the gun on his grip. That was their moment as Kris practically zoomed and grips the old man in hand even before he can recover his equilibrium.

He practically flew on the wall as Kris was able to pin him down again with his weight as he straddle on him and began throwing punches on the old man.

 

It was Hyoyeon and V who moves to pull him even before he kills his biological father from his punches.

“That is not even enough you old freak!” he yelled as he tries to free himself from the two grips on both his arms.

 When his sanity kicked in, he immediately turns to get to his unconscious wife and started shaking her back to life.

 

The rest heard a muffled scream for help. They searched around the room and found the secret door which opens to another tied woman and a girl. V immediately removes the blindfold and the ties around them. He guided them on the large room where Kris is nursing his wife.

 

“Gege!” Meilin ran to Kris side as the said former looks up in surprise to see her niece and mother.

Kris was momentarily bewildered as his mother ran to hug him closer, shedding tears as well.

“Oh baby! I thought I will never see you again,” his mother sobbed.

Kris was speechless for a long while and when his sanity kicked back in, he had to glare at the already unconscious and probably dead Zhangyin.

 

Sooyoung stirred in his arms, whispering, “Where’s Summer?”

“!” Kris cursed and had to hush his wife, “We will look for her together,” he assured his wife as he helps Sooyoung on her feet.

“I think she can go down with the rest. The floors are all cleared and the rest are waiting at the seventh floor. We have to get Summer,” Hyoyeon looked at Kris but Sooyoung persisted and they are left with no choice but to let her come.

 

JR and Luna accompanied Mrs. Wu, Meilin and Kyungsoo down the seventh floor. Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Kris and V had to move up on the next floor.

“Oppa, you are wounded. You probably lost much blood now,” Sooyoung tried to wipe off the stains on Kris’s shirt.

“I am fine. We still have to rescue Summer,” he assured him although he can already feel the numbing pain on the injured area.

 

When they got on the floor and moves to the lone door, there goes Summer tied on a chair as well, blindfolded and surprisingly calm. A lady had her back on them. When they are all inside, she turned around and Kris gasped when he saw her.

“Mei Xie?” he looked at the grinning lady.

The woman stepped near the calm Summer and grabbed the steel chair beside the little girl. She let it hit the glass walls and it shattered letting the cold wind rush inside.

“Long time no see, ex-fiancé of mine,” she grinned again, putting down the chair. She then pulled the chair with Summer, walking near the hole on the glass walls.

 

Everyone was frozen on their ground, anticipating her next move. “Now, let us make this simple,” she draws a gun behind her, “Let’s trade Sooyoung,” she addressed the dizzy woman.

 “Trade?” Sooyoung eyed her daughter and looked up at her husband who tightens his hold on her.

“It’s pretty simple,” she pointed the gun on Summer’s head as the little girl flinch from the said gesture when she saw V stepping forward.

“Don’t make a wrong move or she goes to heaven with me,” she smiled.

“I don’t think heaven will even accept people like you,” Kris seethed.

“Don’t act like the saint in here. I will be happy to join you in hell,” she replied, “So, Sooyoung, is it a trade?”

 

Sooyoung’s lips trembled as she looks at her daughter.

“Take me instead,” she whispered.

Mei Xie laughed, tossing her head back in pure glee giving the chance for Hyoyeon to sneak on the sides.

“Maternal love eh? I didn’t know marriage will make you like that,” she chuckled and dragged the chair furthermore with her near the broken wall.

Even before she could move furthermore on the edge, Hyoyeon jumped on her.

 

It was risky and since they are on the edge, it was Hyoyeon who fell down with Mei Xie. Sooyoung screamed as she frees herself to get to her bestfriend but Kris held her back. V moves to get Summer even before she could tip on the edge as well. After freeing the little girl who ran back to her parents, V checked the edge and he almost jumped when he saw Hyoyeon hanging on a rope.

 

He pulled it up and helped the blonde woman to get on the floor.

“How did you do that?” V asked.

Hyoyeon pointed over the boxes with ropes, “It’s a matter of improvising and a little brain,” she replied.

 

**********

 

When the last party got on the seventh floor, everyone sighed in relief. Back-ups and medics with policemen arrived to the rescue. Kibum and Sooro was found bound on the sixth floor, but was rescued by Chanyeol and Baekhyun

 

“Lay, get him at the last basement floor,” Xiumin made a private instruction on Hyoyeon’s earpiece, but V and JR are sharp enough to get the message as she eyes them. V led the way as the others were being interrogated and being given first aid.

 

They used the silver lined elevator to get to the basement floor and they were surprised to see that there are five floors down. The group arrived on the said floor and was not surprised to see seven brawny men waiting for them.

 

It was a hard battle since all of them were drained but they were able to take down the five and JR and V had to lie on the floor to relieve their strength. Hyoyeon moves forward, determined to free Lay as Min Ah stood beside him on the steel bed.

She received punches and kicks but she tried to endure it as she tries to step forward. With a kick on her knee and her stomach, she fell on the floor.

 

Min Ah stepped forward, just behind the two men, “Tired already?”

With a cut on her left eye and bloodied lips, she even smirked, “You messed with the wrong girl.”

It was very quick as to how she was able to leap and push herself on one of the men’s shoulder, straddling him on the shoulders and twisting his head. Before the body could fall on the floor, she leaped on the other and had him head locked. With a kick on the stomach with her knee, she twisted the man’s head and let it fall on the ground.

 

Hyoyeon was surprised when Min Ah moves and started throwing punches. The adrenaline pumping on her blood made her block some of those, but she received some as well. She was just able to subdue her when he caught her head, twisting her arm as she topples her down the floor, pinning her with her weight.

“I told you, you messed up with the wrong girl,” then with her spare gun, she pushed the bullet into Min Ah’s head, letting the blood pool as she stands up to free Lay. V and JR are already near the table, studying the code on the side.

 

“What is this?” Hyoyeon asked.

“This is a specialized shackle. It opens with a code, but it is tricky. It is just a one try lock system. If you fail, the lock will release a poisonous smoke and releases blades that may cut us to thousand pieces,” V relayed, staring at the pad.

“No doubt it is thicker than necessary,” JR remarked.

Lay is unconscious at the steel bed, half above.

 

JR stared at the six spaces provided and the number keypad. Looking at the lifeless body of Min Ah and then on the unconscious Lay, he stepped forward and typed a six-digit code.

“11-14-13? What is that?” Hyoyeon asked.

“That’s the date when Min Ah got her mission on trailing Lay. If I am correct, she got obsessed on him from the first look,” JR chuckled then pressed enter.

 

VERIFYING CODE……

.

.

.

.

.

CODE VERIFIED….

.

.

.

CODE ACCEPTED

 

The three sighed in relief as the shackle hissed unlocking themselves freeing Lay from the steel bed. Hyoyeon immediately moves to wake up the unconscious guy. When he woke up, he stared at the face of the blonde girl who looks so beaten up. He pulled himself up and recognized V. He was speechless at first but when he finally realizes the situation, he pulled her in a hug. When relief flooded on Hyoyeon, that’s when her body gave in as she falls limp into Lay’s arms.