Pager Twenty Three

Untold Pages

Poster Credits to: zhngxiyeon

 


It had been two weeks since the first mission from the King and her first failure as well. Despite the upcoming second one, she is still more focused on finding who the Reaper is. It is not to hunt him down when she founds out who he is but to warn him of what danger there is in the real world of Mafias. The fact that he is young, according to the members of Nymphs, is something that made her protective of her competitor.

 

She had just arrived after that morning coffee with Lay and everything between him and her and the other girl, Min Ah, started to swirl inside her head; all the more confusing her.

 

The shrill of her phone pulled her back to reality. Instead of answering back, she just received the call. It was the same mechanical voice who gave the first mission.

 

“Order number two from the King for the Reaper and the Apple. The second group target will be the Golden Sphinx. There had been a revelation that the members camouflage each other’s role. The mission is to find out each individual member’s real role in the group. Label them as to who is the leader, the dealer, the transporter and the shooter. The first to complete the task will have to face the King and present his findings. The time limit will be two days. It starts right after the delivery of the message.”

 

Her mind suddenly went blank after hearing the next mission.

‘Two days… roles… Golden Sphinx…present…’ the words slowly registers into her vacant mind.

 

“Unnie.”

The soft voice of Soohyun from the door pulled her sanity back. She looked at her younger sister.

“Are you okay?” the younger one moves to get near her.

“Yeah, I am just a bit occupied about some things,” she replied.

“Oppa wants to talk to you. He is waiting for you in his study room,” Soohyun reached to cup her older sister’s face.

“Unnie, something is really bothering you. Is it Lay oppa?” Soohyun asked.

A shy smile appeared on the older one’s lips, “I’ll go and meet our brother. It must be urgent.”

She stood up and left her room as Soohyun tails behind her to get to her room as well.

 

The moment she closed the door of the study room, Kyoung Jae placed a black folder on his table.

“These things might help you for the second mission. I know I should not help but I don’t think the Twin Trouble is not helping their Reaper as well. You know how they play,” he said as she moves to get the folder.

 

“What’s the mission this time?” Kyoung Jae asked.

“Label the members about their real role in the groups,” she replied and scanned the profiles of the four people she will deal with.

“And the time limit?”

“Two days and it had started the moment I received the call,” she sighed.

“I think you should work on it fast. I had already called Xiumin and Suho. They will meet you where the former works. You know where to locate it right?” Kyoung Jae looked at his younger sister.

She gave a nod and stood up bringing the folder with her.

Before she could finally leave, he left her one last phrase, “Be safe.”

With a warm smile, she gave an assuring nod and closed the door with her.

 

**********

 

The café house looks far more elegant than Soojin’s. She had never been there but she knows that place. She parked her car on one of the vacant parking slots before she checked herself on the rearview mirror.

‘Chill! Don’t let the time pressure you,’ she thought and walked to get inside the said establishment. There are few people inside which can all qualify as part of the elite circle. The waiting waiter by the door asked her for the table number reservation and was soon guided to one of the class VIP rooms on the second floor.

 

Inside, Xiumin and Suho is already discussing the details regarding the Golden Sphinx.

“You know what; I don’t think Sooyoung and Kris would like the idea that we are deceiving them all this time that we are not of the same root,” she smiled as she closes the door with her.

“Technically speaking, we are not really of that close relative range but we do came from the same root,” Suho smiled and pointed on the vacant chairs.

 

After settling down, the waiter arrived to get their orders. The moment he left, she asked the same question to Suho.

“Do you know who the Reaper is?”

Xiumin gave a sigh as Suho smiled back at her, “Aniyo and Xiumin had warned me earlier about that queries you had about the Reaper. Is he really interesting that you will go all the way to as each of us about him?” 

“I am just having this weird feeling of over protectiveness regarding him. I mean, according to the Nymphs, he is young. Do you think it is reasonable to have such young man as the Reaper?” she asked.

“Everyone has their own reasons. You just have to be understanding and cautious as well,” Suho stated.

 

“So should we go back to what we are supposed to work on?” Xiumin interrupted the two.

 

“The Golden Sphinx is composed of four members, one of which is a foreigner in nationality but grew up in Korea. The leader of the group is Nickhun, the Thai member. He is rumored to be a Casanova, but apart from that, he is also the oldest of among the group. The second one is Himchan, the shooter of the group. He is rumored to work best on all types of guns. The third one is Baekho, the youngest and the transporter of the group. The fourth and the only female member, Eunji, is the dealer. She works on securing groups that will invest and further benefit their group,” Xiumin finished with a sigh.

 

“Is that all that you can give me? Minnie, your lab is supposed to be the best but you are giving me basics,” Hyoyeon whined.

The two male gave a hearty laugh, “That is what you brother only allowed. He filters every bit of information I should be giving you,” Xiumin replied.

“My brother? But why? I thought you guys should be helping me,” she gave a frustrated sigh and leaned on her chair, looking so childish.

“Yes, we are, but not to the extent that we will spoon feed you everything. It’s like we did the hunt ourselves,” Suho said, taking a sip on his wine.

 

“Now it leaves me to wonder how the Reaper works on the details of the mission,” Hyoyeon suddenly remarked.

“You should probably know how that two works. They do all the means to get what they want,” Xiumin stated.

She just ignored it and finished her meal. Before she leaves ahead of the two, Suho handed her the addresses where she will be proceeding.

 

“I booked an appointment with you and Eunji, under your name of course so be sure to arrive on time. Bring this with you and show this to the guard on where you will meet Himchan. It will surely lead you to wherever Himchan is located on the given address,” Suho handed her a silver necklace with a gold pendant where the letters GS is engraved.

 

“How did you get this?” she asked Suho.

“I have my ways and this is not the time to discuss this first. You have a mission to finish. I will explain it to you when you have finished everything you needed to do for this mission,” Suho smiled as she walks out of the door.

 

While on her way to meet Himchan, she studied the necklace during the stop light.

‘This must have been from someone close to Himchan. I don’t think he wears things like this,’ she thought as the traffic lights soon turned green.