Page Thirty One

Untold Pages

The café house had been so busy that the customers had been flooding till seven in the evening.

Sooyoung had just finished serving Kris and her three children and tends to the other customers as well.

 

Since they are all so busy, they did not took a particular attention on a man in black, probably in his early mid forties, which came inside, followed by three men in black as well. He occupied the vacant table a few tables away from Kris and his small family.

 

As he was enjoying his order, the twins started to run about the café house and chase each other. Two ladies in lack soon followed him and occupied the vacant seats on his table.

 

The Reaper’s coal-lined eyes watched the table of three who were being served by Suga. Just as what they dread, Kirby trips himself near Suga who lost his balance on the tray spilling the drinks on the table and on the customer’s clothes.

 

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon who were near the incident moved to tend to the accident as they profusely apologizes. Kris moves to get Kirby and apologizes as well, but each of them, except Suga froze when they recognized the said man.

 

“It’s been a while, Mister and Mrs. Wu,” then turns to Hyoyeon, “Miss Kim,” then grinned.

Sooyoung blinked, “Mister Zhangyin Li?”

 

It took a few more moments before Sooyoung bows again, “It’s an honor to have you in our humble cafe house, please forgive my son’s clumsiness.”

“What are you doing here father?” Kris spoke from Mister Li’s left.

He smiled a grim one, “I am here to take a break. Is it bad?”

 

“Daddy, he is your daddy too?” Kirby looked up at Kris.

Mister Li decided to answer the little boy’s query, “Yes, I am your Daddy’s daddy. I am your grandfather.”

“But you are not in Guangzhou when we went there,” the little boy blinked.

Kyle soon got near the crowd, Summer, tagging along as well.

It was enough to distract Sooyoung and Kris to leave the table as Hyoyeon apologizes again. Suga decided to change the drink and serves it again.

 

**********

 

“Xiumin, better take the children away. Take with you Kris and Sooyoung, I will handle this thing in here,” Hyoyeon instructed when she got the chance to corner the said guy.

“That will attract their attention; we just have to be prepared. Lay is monitoring them so as the boys upstairs on the CCTV room. I hope no one gets inside,” he stated but froze when he saw a pair of figures by the door.

“The smell of trouble will always attract that two,” he gestured over the Twin Trouble getting inside the café house.

 

If they are alarmed, so as the Reaper the moment he saw his employer getting inside the café house. ‘Just how many more surprise will we have this day?’ he thought.

 

**********

 

“So this is Soojin’s café house. Can we have two serve of cookies and cream shake with your best dessert please,” Key ordered as Hyuna picks up her Persian cat.

“Will you want it to be wrapped for the go?” Seohyun, the current cashier, asked.

“Aniyo, we will have it here,” Key replied as he follows her sister on one of the vacant tables.

 

When they had settled down, V grabbed the prepared tray for them and gave their order. The two smiled grimly at the frightened V who retreated again.

 

“Isn’t that the Empire’s current leader?” Hyuna pointed over the said man.

“And that two ladies, if I am not mistaken, are Chaerin and Amber,” Key gestured over the two ladies who were talking on the man.

“What are they doing here?” Hyuna asked.

“Winding out perhaps, does it look like they are conspiring over other things?” Key replied.

“But they might be checking out potential things that might be nice for their new plans. You don’t know how that old man’s mind works in the first place,” the female one smiled.

“Yeah, you are right. After all, his son’s sister-in-law owns this place,” Key grinned, enjoying his drink.

 

**********

 

A tug on his sleeves made Mister Li look down at the cute baby girl. With her little hands, she handed over a handkerchief.

“Suga oppa spilled the drink on you,” she stated, blinking those large brown eyes.

The old man was taken aback by surprise, “Oh, that is so kind of you,” then reached for the said apparel.

“What is your name?” he asked afterwards.

“My name is Summer,” the little girl replied, putting her hands at her back, smiling a toothy one.

Mister Li reached for his pocket and retrieved a small golden bracelet and reached for the little girl’s hand before securing it on her wrist.

“There, that’s my gift for you for giving me this handkerchief,” then patted the head of the little girl.

Summer smiled again and bowed her head before running back to their table.

 

“Look over that little girl and her brothers, especially their mother,” he gestured at the two ladies in front of him before standing up and prepares to leave.

 

**********

 

“MOMMY! The Ahjussi gave me a bracelet! Look! It’s so beautiful!” Summer paraded her bracelet on her worried mother who is still looking at the leaving man followed by the two suspicious ladies.

 

She decided to take a break for the meantime to avoid anymore unnecessary accidents while her family is still in here. She looked down at her smiling daughter, admiring the bracelet. A firm hold on her hand made her look at her husband.

“Don’t spoil the kid’s mood. Let her wear that, I will ask Xiumin at home later to check the bracelet for any tracking devices,” he gave her an assuring nod.

“Yeobo, I am scared,” she whispered, as she watches her children talking about the so-called bracelet.

“All the more I am. I need to double the security and the monitoring, if you don’t mind. I would not know what will happen to me if something bad happens to the four of you,” he stood up and took her with him as he hugs her close.

With all that had happened before and her already tired body, Sooyoung just sobbed in his arms.

 

**********

 

“If it is not the Apple,” Hyuna grinned as she pat her Persian cat that purrs.

Hyoyeon can only ignore them as she moves past them to attend to the last load of customers since they had already flipped the signboard to ‘CLOSE.’

 

As she is busy on the last orders, the door jingled despite the signboard. Jin moved to the newcomers, “We are sorry sir, but we are already closed. Maybe you can return tomorrow,” he bowed.

“I am here for my sister,” the said guy smiled, “That blonde girl there,” he pointed over.

 

Hyoyeon turned her head and raised a brow, “Oppa, what are you doing here? You should have come earlier,” she moved to get near him. “It’s okay Jin, he is my brother,” she smiled at Jin.

Jin gave a bow, “I am sorry sir,” then retreated on his place.

 

“So this is the concept? The male wears maid’s outfit while the female wears the male outfits,” he smiled, gesturing over Hyoyeon’s get-up.

“Oppa, I think things are getting out of control now. I’ll tell you when I get home, would you want anything?” she asked.

“Some tarts for your sister and a serve of cold fudge shake for me. I’ll just go over and talk to Kris and his wife,” he gestured over the said couple who were now busy with their children.

 

**********

 

“Kim Kyoung Jae, what a surprise to see you here,” Kris stood up to welcome the guy in a handshake. Sooyoung followed suit as he hugs her, “Kyoung Jae oppa,” she greeted.

“I was planning to come here earlier but things kept me busy. Congratulations on your sister’s café house anniversary,” he greeted and looked at the three kids who were looking up at him too.

“Are they your kids?” he asked.

 

Sooyoung smiled, “This is Kyle and Kirby,” he pointed over the twin, “and this is Summer,” she gestured over the girl one.

“How do you tell which is which?” he mused over the twins.

“Instinct?” Sooyoung chuckled as they all settled down, talking about business afterwards.

 

**********

 

It was around ten when they are already by the front porch of the café house, all ready to leave.

“Thank you guys for helping out. I hope you don’t mind to come back tomorrow,” Sooyoung bowed at her friends.

“We should be the one thanking you. It was actually fun,” Tiffany smiled, reaching over to hug her.

“We will finish this tomorrow, don’t worry,” Jessica did the same as everyone followed.

 

The married couple waited for the girls to leave as they stand there to wait for the boys to come from the back parking lot with the van. When the boys appeared, the seven lads are already with them.

“Noona, here are the keys,” Namjoon threw her the bunch of keys.

“Better get some rest, we still have to do another day tomorrow,” she smiled as the boys cheered a ‘yes’ and soon left the couple.

 

Kyle and Kirby had been asleep at the back of their convertible. Sooyoung reached for Summer as Kris opens the door for her before he went over the other side to drive.

 

While on the road, Sooyoung can’t help it but shiver from unwanted thoughts that invade her mind.

“Babe that will do you no good; forget about that already,” Kris said as he focuses on the road.

“I am just scared,” she whispered as she removes a few hair lock from her daughter’s face whose snuggled in her arms.

Kris can only sigh and step on the accelerator to get home fast.