Page Twenty Nine

Untold Pages

THE GOLDEN SPHINX II

(EUNJI)

 

*Continuation of Eunji’s Reminiscence*

 

When she was discharged, they stayed at the small apartment Nickhun owns. She helped the guys in packaging on one of the old warehouse, a few miles away from where they reside. They earn a little in each deal they have but it’s quite enough to sustain them and take some for savings.

 

It took them three years to earn enough money to buy a lot and put up a small house for the four of them. She stood as their mother while Nickhun took the role of being the father. But among them, only Baekho seems to hold the position to lead them on each deal since he already knows almost all the potential dealers which would help them earn a bit larger.

 

It was one of those regular days as she was left at home to wait for them after a successful deal and export. She is cooking dinner when a pair of arms wound itself around her waist. She took in Nickhun’s familiar scent.

“Sneaky as ever; so what have you got?” she turned to wrap her arms on his neck.

He held up an envelope, “This one.”

She parted and received the envelope. When she read the contents, she looked up at Nickhun.

“Yes, you will get to that academy. You passed the qualifications and even the exam. Remember when I brought you there to attend to it?” he smiled.

“I passed? Really? But the tuition is very high, we might not take it,” she pouted.

 

He kissed her lightly on the lips, “You are a scholar in there. You just have to be good and there will be no problem on tuitions. Just promise me to bring back some awards when you get out in there okay?”

“How long will I stay in there?”

“You will be away for four years.”

 

The time frame saddened her as she parts, “Then I prefer not to take it.”

“No, you will take it. We can get to visit you anyways and you are even granted the Christmas to go out with us. Just remember what you will get when you get out of that academy,” he moves to hug her from the back.

 

It took much persuasion before she came to agree.

 

The night before she finally gets inside, she surrendered herself into him. They made the night magical and romantic for the two of them as they made love for the first time in their two years relationship.

 

When the gate of the academy closes her in, she vowed to complete the training and hunt whoever is that young man who orphaned them again.

 

*End of Reminiscence*

 

“Babe, shall we go now?” the sound of Nickhun’s voice pulled her back to reality. There he goes, standing near the table.

She felt small hands reaching up on her face to wipe tears that she did not noticed awhile ago. A two years old boy with eyes same as his father looks up at her.

“Mommy is crying,” he pouted.

She smiled back at the little boy and reached to hold him.

“Because Mommy misses you,” she replied and hugged the little boy as she stands up.

 

Nickhun is already by the door, holding her bag, his right hand reaching for her.

The glow of their wedding ring on his finger made her reach for his hand with her right one too, that bears the same wedding ring.

 

“So the Apple lost on the second mission?” she asked as they are heading on the elevator.

“Yeah,” Nickhun replied.

“I want to help her but she has to do it on her own and I don’t want to meddle in the Hollows internal affairs,” she replied as she let their son lean on her shoulder to let him sleep.