Page Thirty Four

Untold Pages

The following week had been so frustrating and full of gloom. Kyoung Jae had been in much pain to see his left younger sister sulk in her room and never communicate with anyone for the past week. It all started from that one visit somewhere he doesn’t know. He already lost a sister and she doesn’t have any plan on losing another one in an asylum.

 

He had been trying to talk to her, let her speak, but she would just shut up and look away. He doesn’t know if it is all about the demise of Soohyun or about that night.

 

‘Damn!’ he cursed and pushed the door of the Hollows conference room. There goes the King, sitting on the head of the table, the Twin Trouble on the left side. He moved to get to the right said and gave a bow.

“I am here to withdraw my sister’s participation on the said competition. It is already getting unhealthy for her. She hasn’t recovered yet from Soohyun’s demise and I don’t intend of losing even her in an asylum,” he spoke.

“You will already accept defeat? “ Hyuna grinned, patting the fur of her Persian cat.

“As much as I hate it, I have to protect my only family. We accept defeat,” then he bowed on the King.

 

“Protecting your family by accepting defeat? Are you trying to be heroic?” Key chuckled.

 

“It was very noble of you to do such thing, but nobility doesn’t work on us. I would only accept the decision of I get to speak on your sister, personally,” the King leaned on the table.

 

That enraged Kyoung Jae but he has to keep it cool. “Sir, a matter like this is something I should be handling. If she is sane then I presume she will do the same. I know it is a waste to put her skills off for something valuable but I just have to make sure she gets her sanity back. I don’t think the competition and its pressure will do her any good,” he said, still firm on standing.

 

“I recognize you position as her elder brother and your nobility as well for thinking of protecting her. but as what I had said, I will only accept the decision if she would tell it to me personally,” the King eyed him, “I know how her mind works. She may look like that, but trust me, competitions like this means a lot to her,” he added.

 

Kyoung Jae wants to argue that he cannot just make conclusions because he is not a family member, but decided to go against the idea.

 

“Should we just accept his decision? I mean he looks so much willing to remove her sister on the competition,” Key smiled.

 

“I gave my word. I will only listen to what Hyoyeon says,” the King said, finality evident in his voice.

 

This was the first time he said her name, her real name. That made the attendees stops on whatever argument they plan to spew.

 

**********

 

Lay finally dreaded meeting Min Ah. After that confession he had on Hyoyeon and that night at the Decks, he suddenly feared facing her.

He stood nervously at the park, not taking the comfort the bench will offer him. He saw Min Ah from afar, waving at him.

 

“Oppa, wae? Is there something wrong?” she asked. It was actually a sudden notice for Min Ah. But she didn’t hesitate to meet him.

“Min Ah, I appreciate your effort and your time. I mean we had been friends for long, but do you think we should just stop meeting up like this?” he said, trying to replay again what he said and decided it is already safe enough.

 

“What do you mean?” Min Ah looked confused as well.

“Let’s stop this,” he sighed, looking so defeated.

 

But looks like Min Ah got the wrong implication of what he is telling her. She moves and hugged him before kissing him on the lips. Lay was taken aback from the said gesture, wondering what Min Ah could be thinking.

 

“I have been waiting for you to tell me that an I am willing to go through it,” she said and pulled him to get to a nearby diner.

 

**********

 

The moon beamed on Zhangyin’s room, illuminating the already lighted room.

“You had gone overboard! That move is not part of the plan! I told you to wait for my instructions! If you are willing to take over and have all the wealth, be a little patient, will you?” he bellowed on the five individuals sitting on the sofa. They look like kids being scolded by their father.

 

“We need to step up on things furthermore. Because of that recklessness, we have to step forward. I want you to start your assignments after the release of the fourth order for the Hollows competition. You already have your targets at hand, now make this thing clean and make sure not to go ahead without my instruction, did you get it?” he asked the said individuals who gave a nod in return.

 

A lone meow of a blue furred cat echoed on the already silent room. he felt the said creature brush its fur on his legs as he picks it up to let it step on the table and watch the said five people on the sofa.