Page Forty Four

Untold Pages

THREE DAYS LATER

 

Lay slowly closed the door of the hospital’s room. Taehyung is outside, looking expectantly at him.

“Hyung, is noona awake already?”

Lay shook his head.

 

It has been a very messy day three days ago. The building which Zhangyin labeled as his hideout was demolished to crumbs after the discovery of smuggled goods and ammos. Since the proprietor is dead, there’s no one to be put behind the bars. The money that was discovered by the police on his vault and the accounts he has was left in the hands of his son, Kris.

 

Kris then made use of the money as he deemed it should be. He supported a few orphanages, especially the one his wife is so fond about. Since it is written in a will that he will be inheriting that money as what the document says which was found along with the money on the vault. Somehow, Kris was saddened by the thought the he has to lose his real father even before they could fix things between the two of them.

 

Sooro is the current leader of all the subgroups of the mafia, together with Kibum and Shin Min Ah. They made some necessary moves to restore the stability of the underworld as well as the transactions that were delayed.

 

Kris’s mother, together with Meilin had to stay for the treatment. Mr. Wu had just arrived from business trip abroad and was very much enraged to know the things that had transpired on those days. It took almost a day for Kris to have him settle down and calm himself.

 

Lay took the seat outside the room of Kris as Taehyung follows suit.

“How did you get to be the Reaper? I never had the chance to ask you,” Lay asked the younger one.

Taehyung took a deep sigh, “I was deceived and I had to curse myself for my vulnerability,” he started.

“Noona Hyuna met me while I was on my home after a night class. I was late to get dismissed because of some activity. She was very blunt and asked me directly if I want to see my brother. I was surprised to hear that she knows what I have been looking for. Getting too nostalgic, I immediately agreed but she has conditions set.”

 

“She made me attend some prestigious school where I was trained for two years, in exchange of my service on them if I finish my training. I was so tempted that I made everything to pass and master all the skills they require me. Right after I graduate, I was immediately sent on a mission. I was tasked to kill and when I started, the list rolled on. It’s really true that I doubled the record of the Apple, Hyo noona.”

 

“I was sent to kill not just young people, but old rich smugglers that had been a headache for the Twin Trouble. When the competition was set, I felt the greed to win. They promised me that if I win, I will have the information that I had been wanting. I didn’t play fair, I am aware of that. The two of them made all my work easy. But then, things got off hand and you probably knew what had happened next,” he finished.

 

“I am sorry,” Lay said, at a loss of what he would say to comfort the lad beside him.

There was silence.

“What do you say if we adopt you?” he offered.

Taehyung had his eyes wide open, looking at the grinning Lay beside him.

“I will process your papers and will take you under my wing, so I will basically be your brother, will that be okay?” Lay smiled.

Taehyung blinked, his eyes suddenly glint a mischievous aura, “But I want Baekhyun hyung,” he pouted.

“As expected,” Lay sighed.

Taehyung laughed, “I am just kidding hyung. That would be a very nice offer, but I have my own six brothers with me.”

“Are you sure you don’t want my offer? You get to live with your Baekhyun hyung,” Lay grinned.

Taehyung smiled, shaking his head.

 

“Let’s visit Kris hyung; I heard that he is already awake,” Lay stood up to get to the room at the end of the hallway.

 

When they got near the door, it was widely opened. They stayed and leaned by the door and watched the twins and Summer looking up at the TV screen. The couple is at the bed, Sooyoung sitting near Kris. They can even hear what they are talking about.

 

“Oppa, what is the name of that ex-fiancée of yours?” Sooyoung asked.

“Mei Xie, why do you ask?” Kris looked at his wife.

“I am just curios,” she replied, pulling his hand and holding it tight.

“Beautiful, isn’t she?” Kris

Sooyoung glared at Kris then she started sniffing, “Are you saying that I am ugly? That I am not beautiful?” then large teardrops fell from her eyes.

 

Kris was taken aback from her reaction. He pulled himself up, despite the pain in his arms.

“Of course not! what would make you say that? I am just stating that she really is beautiful, but you are more beautiful, you know that,” he reasoned out.

“But you never said that to me,” she sniffed.

“Because I can’t find the words to describe how beautiful you are,” he smiled warmly at her, pulling her up on a hug.

 

“Oppa, what would you say if Summer gets a younger sibling?” she asked after parting from the hug.

“Sibling? Are you planning an adoption?” he asked.

“Aniyo! I don’t want an adoption, I want a child,” she pouted.

“You want another one?”

“What if I want? Are you saying you don’t want me to let this child live?” she patted her stomach.

Kris stared wide-eyed at her, unable to speak what he wants to say.

 

She smiled sweetly, “Ne, I am pregnant.”

“What?!?” Kris exclaimed, startling her.

She started to sniff and soon tears rolled down her face, “You don’t want the child? You don’t want me anymore? You don’t want me to have it?”

Kris let out an exasperated sigh, “No, don’t think like that! Of course I would be glad to have another child with you. Why are you so whiny?”

“You are reprimanding me now? That I complain much? That I talk too much about things?” she sobbed.

 

Summer suddenly turned to look at her parents, “Mommy, why are you so noisy?” then she resumed on watching with the twins.

The two of them stared wide-eyed at their daughter and it soon brought another wave of tears from Sooyoung.

“My baby girl is scolding me now. She hates me now,” then she cried in Kris’s arms as the man, pats her in the back, hushing her with comforting words.

 

Lay decided to but in, “Hey hyung, it’s good to have you back,” he said and stepped to get inside.

Sooyoung parted and wiped her tears, “I’ll go get something for the kids.”

When Sooyoung had left with the twins, Lay and Taehyung started laughing.

“What’s funny?” Kris asked, confused.

“You two surely is made in heaven. Congratulations for another family member,” Lay chuckled and shook the hands of the flabbergasted Kris.

“I just hope I don’t get a whiny son or daughter in the next few months,” Kris sighed.

“You may not have one, but you have to bear with a whiny wife for the next few months,” Taehyung added, laughing.