Page Forty One

Untold Pages

The people inside the Wu’s mansion are still up even though it’s three already in the morning. No matter how the soft mattresses of their beds look so inviting, they had to stay up to finalize their plans. Luna had finished distributing tea around to keep them all awake.

 

“Where’s Jongdae?” she asked Luhan who is lounging at the large sofa, looking like he will soon drift off.

“He’s upstairs, babysitting the twins,” Luhan replied.

“Babysitting?” she looked surprised from the use of the word.

“The third door on the left, near the master’s bedroom,” then Luhan his sides and closed his eyes.

Luna just blinked her eyes in response.

 

The door of the twins is open so she took careful steps to get inside. Chen is sitting at the end of the bed, watching the tucked twins.

“Aren’t you sleepy?” she asked.

He turned his head and smiled at her, ushering her to sit beside him, but she took the space opposite him.

“You babysit?” she asked.

“Since Kyungsoo is missing and Baekhyun is busy and you can probably see how their father is faring, I have to tend to them,” he replied, staring at the sleeping twins.

“You are quite close to them eh?” she remarked.

“Yeah, although Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are closer to them.”

 

“They are adorable,” she smiled at him.

“Totally adorable, but can be such a headache as well. Yet, we all love the three of them,” he replied.

 

“So how did you become like that? You know, your previous life,” she prompted.

He sighed, “Do you really want to know?”

She gave a nod.

 

“I was orphaned at the age of seven,” he started, “Some relatives shipped me into China where I get to work on some factory as a worker. It was hard for someone young like me at that time to adjust, and I don’t even understand a single word they say. I got beaten during my first days. It was through the help of a fellow Korean did I get to know the basic instructions.”

 

“When I turned thirteen, I was shipped back. I started to work again on a certain group which I though only make me deliver boxes and all on certain people. After two years, my employer had me go on training. They taught me all the skills to be an efficient part of their group. Right after my two years training did I learn that I am actually a part of a mafia group.”

 

“When I had my very first mission at the age of fifteen, I was asked to kill someone. Then the lists of people or rather targets got rolled on. I was even given the honor to kill an old lady in front of many children. It was from an orphanage. The list of people I had killed can be compiled if you would list them all.”

 

“When I turned twenty, that’s when I decided to leave the group. It was actually hard at first to convince them. First, they gave me double my wage, and then they offered me properties and the likes. I don’t know I was such an asset at that time for them. Their last option was to threaten me. I didn’t take their threat seriously since I don’t have any family they can use against me.”

 

“Then how does Go Seo Rin fit in the picture?” Luna asked.

He gave a small chuckle, “She’s actually the reason why I decided to leave the group. They don’t know her identity that it surprised me how they got to know her. I was able to leave the group with no threat and whatsoever. I get to keep what I earn which we plan to use for our planned wedding, but sadly it never turned to reality.”

 

She reached for his hand, squeezing it, prompting him to go on.

“I was too confident that they will not find her, but when I got back on our apartment, her cold body on a pool of blood greeted me,” then he bowed his head, letting out a weary sigh.

 

“Are you still willing to let me court you right after knowing how I lived before?” he asked, looking straight into her eyes.

“You showed me how a real date goes so I might insist on letting you show me how a real relationship goes,” she smiled, a very assuring one which he returned with the same fervor.

 

Kirby stirred from his sleep, whimpering for his mother.

Luna moved to grab the kid’s outreached hand and held it, hushing the said kid as she moves near him.

“Hush now, I am here, don’t worry,” then she let the kid wrap his small arms on her waist as it drifts off to sleep again.