Page Eighteen

Untold Pages

DAY TWO

 

She was up early so she decided to make breakfast for the three of them. Kyoung Jae was surprised to see her at the kitchen while her younger sister was so glad to finally have her sister cook for her again.

“Unnie, you can get married already!” Soohyun giggled as she enjoys the pancakes her sister made.

“Married? To whom?” Kyoung Jae asked, taking his seat as Hyoyeon prepares some stir fried rice for him.

“Lay Oppa,” Soohyun giggled again.

Hyoyeon glared at her but a smile is tugged on her lips, Kyoung Jae let out a chuckle, “Oh, so you like that Chinese guy?”

“Oppa,” Hyoyeon whined, turning to pout at her older brother.

“What? I don’t see anything wrong with him,” he smiled as he picks up the morning news.

Hyoyeon just rolled her eyes and continued on making his breakfast.

 

**********

 

She was the last one to leave the house. Kyoung Jae had gone to work after dropping Soohyun at school. With three addresses in hand, she decided to get a visit on her three targets. Her first stop over is on Kris’ company.

 

She was shocked at first, but she dismissed the idea when she realized that Kris had been part of their world for years now. The people inside threw her weird looks and she has to curse her choice of outfit for the day. Black leather pants that hug her legs, black leather jacket above black sleeveless shirt with her black leather boots. ‘They might think I am an agent or something,’ she thought as she removes her black shades and got on the lift to get to the given floor number.

 

When she got there, she met Jongsuk, Kris’s secretary.

“Miss Kim, what are you doing here? Are you going to meet the president?” he asked.

“No, I am looking for Miss Park Sun Young,” she smiled.

“Oh, her office is at the end of the hallway,” he pointed out as the lady mumbles her thanks.

 

She paved her way; ignoring the looks the ladies on the floor threw at her and the gawk the men has to show too.

She knocked the door with the sign that read ‘Executive Head’ and heard the muffled reply.

When she got inside, the said lady was startled to see her there.

“Executive Head Park Sun Young or should I say Luna of the Nymphs?” she grinned after closing the door.

Luna soon grinned after recovering from the momentary shock, “Please sit and make yourself comfortable. Would you want any refreshments?” she asked.

Hyoyeon took her place on the lush white leather couch, “No thanks, I just dropped by to visit.”

 

“Visit or to investigate?” Luna leaned on her chair, folding her arms.

“Investigate? You must have been hearing things again. Why would I investigate you?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Then if you are not here to investigate, what would the dear Apple of the Hollows be doing in my humble office?” Luna grinned.

“I want to ask you something,” she smiled.

After a momentary silence, “Do you have any idea who is the Twin Trouble’s Reaper?” Hyoyeon asked. It was partly a lie and partly true. She used the alibi of asking about the Reaper but she is checking them as well.

 

Luna was shocked again at the said question, “Should I be the one asking that since the Twin Trouble is part of the Hollows?” she asked instead.

“Well, I guess you don’t have any idea at all too. Then, I should be heading on. I still have a mile long list of people to ask because the Twin Trouble has been selfish in providing information,” Hyoyeon smiled the stood up to leave.

“Wait, you mean you went all the way just to ask that?” Luna seemed finding it hard to believe that Hyoyeon would go all the way just to ask that question.

“Why? Is it something I can’t do?” she grinned in reply then left, closing the door with her.

 

Luna had to gape at her closed door. ‘What is with that woman?’ she thought.

 

**********

 

Her next destination is quite a long run since it’s on a different district. She has to endure a two hours travel to get to another small yet bustling city on the next district to get to her next destination. She had a quick lunch before she went on that said part where a boutique owned by one of the members of the Nymphs is located.

‘It’s quite hard to manage such a far away boutique,’ she thought as she gets inside.

 

The boutique screams of elegance and luxury. Dresses, gowns and shoes are what will greet you. Their display for the day or probably for the week is a creamy white long gown with an off-shoulder sleeves made of silk. The neckline is embroidered with studs or pearls and diamonds and she has to wonder if those were real.

 

“Ma’am would you want to check the dress?” a saleslady appeared beside her.

“This will fit my friend, can you wrap it up for me?” she looked at the startled saleslady.

“Right away ma’am, please wait for a moment. We have a small lounge over there. You can check on some catalogs we have in which have some of our best dresses and gowns,” the saleslady pointed over the said lounge and she was not startled to see Jia scanning through one of the catalogs.

 

“I am quite surprised to see the owner of the boutique scanning over the catalogs like she is planning to buy one of the dresses she designs,” Hyoyeon smiled as she settles opposite her.

Jia looked up and graced her with smile, “I am just checking just what would be the next theme for our next display.”

“Looks like Luna had informed you already eh?” Hyoyeon smiled back and picked up a catalog of wedding gowns.

“Are you looking for a design for your wedding or engagement?” Jia asked.

Hyoyeon just replied her with a smile, “Don’t worry, I will invite you in case I am going to get engaged and married as well.”

 

She scanned on the pages, admiring the beauty of the gowns and their beautiful designs. A pang of hurt stabbed her heart as she recalls what Lay had said during their last moment together during the masquerade party.

 

“You are not the only one hurting. This is not really the time for us. I treasure those brief memories, but then I cannot promise you that something you want.”

 

“I can make a new one for you if you don’t like those designs,” Jia’s voice pulled her back to reality.

She gave a sad smile which the other didn’t notice, “No need. I won’t need these anyways.”

 

The saleslady appeared with the pink box, wrapped with a purple ribbon where a tag is attached.

“Here is your order ma’am,” she handed the box. Hyoyeon handed her black card.

 

“So why are you here? I assume it is not just about the dress that you would go all the way to see me,” Jia straightened on her seat.

“What do you know about the Reaper of the Twin Trouble?” Hyoyeon asked and she was not startled when Jia garnered the same expression Luna had.

 

“I would take that reaction as something that says ‘Should I be asking you that?’ then?” Hyoyeon smiled as she receives her card and stood up.

“I only know that he is young, years younger that you will mistake him as a senior high school student. I didn’t get to see his face but his silhouette and his outfit that night told me that he is really young that you will question yourself how come he is the Reaper,” Jia replied which made Hyoyeon looked at her.

 

With a sigh, she bowed her head, “Thank you. I should be heading back already. Regarding the gown, I would inform you sooner,” she smiled then moved to go out of the boutique.

 

‘Younger? Senior high school student?’ she thought as she starts the car to start her journey back to the main city.

 

**********

 

It was already dark when she arrived on the main city. Right at the moment, she is very much nervous since her time had been narrowed down to more than a day only. She stopped her car in front of the restaurant which is the last on her list that Xiumin provided.

 

A rush of memories flooded back followed by that pang of hurt in her heart. She took a deep breath then moved to get inside.

 

The grand piano is sitting on stage. A faint illusion of a man sitting behind and playing behind that piano crossed her eyes. She proceeded on the bar to ask for a drink. ‘Looks like luck has been on my side for this day,’ she thought as the familiar back of a lady sitting on the stool where she intends to sit.

 

“One martini please,” she ordered. The eager bartender attended to her needs right away.

“What do you want that you would go all the way to meet all of us alone?” Fei asked.

“Things about the mafia world,” Hyoyeon replied.

“About what our leader asked?”

Hyoyeon grinned while receiving her drink, “All of you are too quick in concluding things. I am here to ask about what you know about the Reaper.”

 

“Reaper? Should I be the one asking that?” Fei threw her a look of confusion.

Hyoyeon let out a light chuckle, “You all have that same reaction. Seriously, what do you know about him?”

Fei let out a sigh, “I was with Jia that night when Shin Min Ah met your King for a private deal. We are not aware that the Twin Trouble is in there and somewhere inside that poorly lighted room is a figure of a young man. His get up that night would make you conclude that he is really young, almost a senior high school student. The two were hushing whispers on him regarding us, he didn’t reply nor reacted, he merely nodded.”

 

Hyoyeon’s curiosity lingered on that piece of information that the Reaper is young.

“How can someone employ someone who should be enjoying his youth?” she asked Fei, holding her martini midway.

“I don’t know, but then rumors say that he is really skilled and he made a record of doubling your record in just a short of span of time,” Fei looked at her, “No offense meant,” she added.

 

She stayed there till Fei excused herself to get inside her office in that restaurant. After all, she owns this place.

Hyoyeon decided to take a table. As she is heading to her chosen table, she met Sung Ah, Baekhyun’s bestfriend.

 

“Hyoyeon!” she greeted, moving to give her a quick hug.

They are just acquaintances but the lady loved her already even though they only meet rarely.

“Sung Ah, are you with Baekhyun?” Hyoyeon asked after the hug.

A blush crept up on Sung Ah’s face but as she was about to reply a guy moved behind the lady.

Hyoyeon gasped when the guy smiled at her.

“This is my fiancé, Daehyun,” Sung Ah presented as the guy extended his hand for a handshake.

 

“He looks like Baekhyun,” Hyoyeon whispered as she accepts the gesture.

“Yeah, and Taehyung too,” Sung Ah smiled. Hyoyeon can only nod in agreement.

Daehyun moved to get to their table as Sung Ah ushered Hyoyeon on a more secluded area.

“I hope I don’t sound like anything, but is there anything wrong with you and Lay?” she asked the blonde one.

“Why do you ask?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I just saw some other girl in here with Lay,” Sung Ah replied.

A knowing sad smile appeared on Hyoyeon’s lips, “Yeah, I know. I was there when he played for her.”

 

Hyoyeon’s appetite suddenly dwindled that she felt the urge to cry. With a sad smile, she left the restaurant and headed home instead.

The stereo in her car spewed out the song of Leessang entitled ‘Tears’. Her drive was slow and just as she had been holding it back, she finally let it go. Tears rolled down her eyes till she came into a halt on the highway by the sidewalk and slammed her wheels.

She cursed her vulnerability when it comes to him.

 

It was around twelve when she finally left and headed home. There was a missed call from Xiumin. She picked up her phone and called him.

“Any news?” she asked, trying to sound like she didn’t cry.

“Did you just cry?”

“Aniyo, I just had a runny nose,” she replied, “So what’s up?”

“I found someone who can help us. We can track him down tomorrow so we can finally get the mole of the Nymphs.”

She sighed and gave a soft yes before she ended the call. She eyed the box on her passenger seat.

‘I guess this dress will fit Sooyoung,’ she thought and brought the box with her upstairs.