Our Engagement

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim POV

            Finally the day has come. My engagement day with Ms.Gold Digger. Even if I regretting my decision, there’s no way of turning back. Everything was set up perfectly by my father. Yes. Surprisingly,  my father is the one who took in charge of everything.  My parents only invited our close relatives and some of their friends, same goes to me. I fact I didn’t invite any of my friends. Urm, do I really have friends in my entire life? I am not sure. Howerever, Zee and Tavee are surely here. They must be here. As for Pie, there’s none of her relatives here. That’s because she doesn’t want them to come at all. This engagement is the  biggest secret for her, I guess. Well, she don’t even want to be bound in this engagement. Me neither.

            Now, I am standing among the guests that Papa has invited, keeping my eyes to the shorty Ms.Gold Digger. She got along so well with my family members which amazed me. Everybody seems to like her. They talked and then I see they laughed with amusement. Pie’s fruity laughter filled the air with much cheerfulness. I wonder what makes the conversation that interesting.

            Staring to Pie from distance, made me realize she is quite beautiful. Pie was garbed  in a simple strapless cream colored dress which she chose at Jovy’s boutique the other day. The design of the dress revealed her silky creamy shoulders. She just let her brunette lose down her back and put a simple make up on her angelic face but yet she still look radiant and stunning. Did I say her angelic face? No. No. Just her face. You can ignore that angelic adjective. Oh by the way, the deadly expensive high heels which Pie bought the other day also works well on her. She looked a bit taller with it. This girl is so silly. Let’s see how long she could bear with it. Well, let’s turn to me. As what Pie wished, I wore the same colored suit as hers too. Nothing special on my attire but I am surely as handsome as ever.

            My eyes suddenly caught a familiar figure. Zee is heading to me with a big grin on her face. “Hi dude!” She greeted me with our trademark bro .

 

            “What’s up, Zee. Where is Tavee?” I asked her. I didn’t see Tavee since the beginning of the party. That’s quite weird.

 

            “Ah, she is around here. I think she went inside just now.” Zee told me. Did I tell you? My engagement party is held at my Papa’s mansion. Our yard is huge enough to place any function.

 

            “Your fiancee is beautiful.” Zee said out of sudden. Just then I realize she kept staring at Pie too.

 

            “Maybe.” I shrugged uninterestedly to her which later I found she gazed to me with her teasing grin. I hate that expression because I think I know what she has in her mind.

 

            “Kim, today you feel everything is done under a force. Trust me, tomorrow and the next next day, you don’t  want it to end. Never.” Zee grabbed my shoulder and looked straight into my eyes. She knew everything about the deal I made with Pie. Well, she is the only one I can rely on. That’s why I tell her all my problems and even secrets.

 

            “That is so ridiculous Zee. No way I will stay with that Ms.Gold Digger.” I recoiled in no time. How could Zee say that to me. Not even once I want to meet with this Ms.Gold Digger, now she said I will want her to stay in the future.

 

            “You will never know what’s coming up in another next 100 days, Kim. I don’t know what will happen to both of you either. We will wait and see.” Zee said and once again she smirked to me.

 

            “What ever.” I rolled my eyes to her. How I wish I could punch her face right now. So annoying.

 

            “Nah, enough with it. Come on. This is your day. Go and greet your guests.” Zee purposely push my body to Pie’s direction. Her sudden action makes me stumble forward. Not even saying sorry to me, Zee quickly took off her feet and run away from me. That’s my cousin. She is a bad, naughty  girl.

 

            “Kimhan Sweetheart!” Pie waved to my direction, redirecting all the gazes from the guests to me. Oh, she called me sweetheart. Pie is surely an excellent actress after all. She makes things look natural themselves.

 

As I went along with the play that she rolled, I flashed my toothy smile to her, the best smile I could wear on my face while walking charmingly to her direction. The guests shouldn’t know that this engagement is just a fake one. What the most important is, we have to prove to Papa that we are having a serious relationship. Yupanun’s family was also invited today. I saw P’Van once at the beginning of the ceremony. Now, he is nowhere to be seen.

 

            “Kimhan, they want to take picture with us.” Pie said to me while her hand purposely clung to my arms, getting us much closer. I just realized that Pie loves to call me by my full name, Kimhan. She didn’t call me Kim so often.

 

            “Sure. Who wants to start first?” I jested to the group of guest who are mostly uncles and aunties around my Papa and Mama’s age. I don’t think it sound funny but the elder can’t help themselve from laughing as to hear my reaction.

 

            “I never thought of this Kim, but you two look cute.” Aunty Vivien said to me. She is my Mama’s bestfriend, the wife of the  most popular corporate people in business management.

 

            “Thanks Aunty. Well, I’m lucky enough to have her too.” I ran my eyes to Pie, looking to her deep two pools of eyes. She blushed.

 

            “Well, let’s take some pictures of us. This will be a memorable token for you.” I returned my gaze to the  middle age woman and saw she nodded ardently. At least this woman didn’t hate me for creating this abnormal relationship. I don’t think I am into girl like Zee does, but who knows  what circumstances have brought me to?

 

********

Soon, the guest excused themselve and met their other friends at the party. Pie stood rooted by myside, not saying anything to me. She threw her gaze to the crowd of the guests but she looked more likely so deep in her own thought.

 

            “Do you want to eat something?” I tried to distract her attention.

 

Pie turned her head to look to me. “How did you know I am hungry?” She smiled so bright. I can’t never understand this girl.

 

            “Magic.” I smirked to her even though I have the choice to flash a smile.

 

            “I wish I can tear open your mouth like any snacks wrapping Kim.” Pie rolled her eyes to me. I know she was annoyed with all my face expression to her. I like it when she show her grumpy face to me.

 

            “I suggest you to kiss this mouth instead. It’s really helpfull to erase those annoying smirk.” I intended to . Let’s see how is her reaction to me.

 

            “IN. YOUR. DREAM.” She shed out each and every word clearly through her pearly white teeth making her sentence clearly audible to my hearing. Later, she spun on her heel and headed to the cuisine section, leaving me alone at the spacious land laughing like lunatic.

 

******

 

            “Hello sweetheart. How’s the food?” I took my seat beside Pie as soon I saw her settled down with her business. I admit that she is kinda smart. She took a small portion of all meals provided for the party yet she could taste them all.

 

            “Owh, Kimhan.” She glanced to me for awhile and focused back to the food. She didn’t eat them yet. You know what is she doing? Taking picture of each of the food.

 

            “Why do you need to capture each picture of the food?” I frowned. “Are you going to write a food journal?” I massaged my tample. Having this silly girl beside me just added another burden to my head. She is so weird.

 

            “I want to put them in my Instagram. Kimhan, I can’t focus. Could you please don’t make any noise here.” She snapped  and still trying to make the best angle for each of her photos. Pie used my phone that I gave her the other day. I just teach her to use once but now, she seemed to be more expert than me in using the phone.

 

            “Do you have Instagram?” I asked her in disbelief.

 

            “Aah. I just sign up for it yesterday.” She nodded. “Kimhan, let’s take some selfies together after this.” She smiled to me. I wonder what makes her so happy with just taking pictures.

 

            “Whatever.” I shook my head. Oh God! I’m going to live with this weird Ms.Gold Digger for hundred days? Can I go through all the days with her?

 

******

            “Kim, make this pose.”

            “Kim, you hold the phone.”

            “Kim, feed me.”

            “Kim, let me feed you.”

            “Kim, I look ugly in this picture.”

I don’t know how many snaps we have taken so far. Pie just can’t get enough with the pictures she has.

 

            “Kim..” She said my name for the countless time again.

 

            “Enough with it Pie. No more pictures taking. I am not your monopod.” I put my finger to her lips, making her shut mouth in startle. I am so tired because most of the time I am the one who hold the phone instead of her. Pie’s hands are just too short to make a better angle of the view.

 

            “I just want to ask your ID for Instagram.” She pouted to me, showing her sulky face. Apparently she locked her gaze to the screen as if she really hurt with my mean words.

 

            “It’s KimJay.” I told her. How on Earth I could be this soft hearted with this girl?

 

            “How to spell it.” She smile so bright to me. She is ready to type the spelling from me.

 

            “Find it yourself.” I smirked my ugly smirk to her again and as usual she will roll her eyes to me as her response. In my opinion, Pie could win the first place if there is a rolling eyes game. She made it perfectly and not to forget, annoyingly.

 

Pie ignored me for the whole time we eat together. She is enjoying her meal to the fullest. I told you honestly, I like to see Pie eating. I don’t know why. I just love to see her, eating. You will have all appetite if you see Pie enjoying her food. There’s some sort of spell that made us want to eat too.

 

            “Why you look at me?” Pie glared to me with her grumpy gaze. There come the swing in her mood. I just learnt it in these past few days. Pie is kinda mood swinger which isn’t really good sign for me? I don’t think I can handle that kind of mood.

 

            “There’s some dirt at the corner of your lips.” I told her. “This. Let me help you.” I leaned closer to Pie and wiped the dirt on her soft pink lips using my hanky. Hey! What did you say Kim? Soft pink lips? Shove it away.

 

            “Thank you.” Pie burrowed her gaze to her plate once I finished the task. Her face is so red like tomato so do I. What’s wrong with her and also me?

 

            “I shall see the guests before they leave.” I quicky excused myself to avoid the awkward moment. Pie nodded to me as she took note where I am about to go.

 

*****

Soon, the party is going to an end. Pie looked a bit exhausted as she remained seated to the chair while massaging her LEGS! Hahah! I think I know exactly what happens to her right now.

 

            “What happened to you?” I stood right in front of Pie and folded my arms at my back, pretending that I can’t figure out what is wrong with her at that time.

 

            “My legs and feet feel sore.” She complained without even look to me.

 

            “Well, you have to endure that to look beautiful. Didn’t you?” I squatted down just to see her face. I want to see this stubborn girl’s face because she didn’t want to listen to my advice the other day. The high heels was to high for her. In simple words, the high heels could kill anybody with its height.

 

            “I want to change this heels right now.” She gazed to me with her red face. The embarassment engulfed her completely.

 

            “Oh, where should we find the suitable substituted shoes for you right now?” I furrowed my eyebrows, pretending that I am thinking the solution for her. She doesn’t know that I have something else in my mind.

 

            “Oh I know! I have my bedroom slippers inside. Let me take them for you.” I told Pie just to catch she gaze to me with her disbelief expression.

 

            “Are you kidding me?” She frowned her grimace. “I am this beautiful and you asked me to wear those smelly slippers of yours?” She widen her eyes even more. This silly girl is so conceited.

 

            “Okay. Just walk with your bare feet. I am afraid that you might get infection from my smelly slippers.” I said sarcastically with a big intention to flicker up Pie’s patience.

 

            “I hate you, Kimhan.” She pursed her lower lips. Totally disappointed with me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter